Halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord these new guys take too many rounds to kill. It's getting annoying having to put 2 full clips into each and every enemy
I can get a pretty consistent 5 shot with the DMR and BR. Headshots are easy with the snipe. All of the guns seem to be pretty consistent, I'm just having problems with the nades.

Only played a few rounds of Multiplayer, got up to level 9. Really enjoying it so far! :up: A little Halo every now and then is always welcome.

I have to say some of the plot points bother me. And I understand that Halo 4 is basically fan fiction, since it's a whole new team, but still,

It's been four years, the last time we saw Earth it was overrun by Covenant. The human fleet was reduced to a handful of ships. Where did the UNSC Infinity come from? Would have made more sense for Elites to come rescue John and Cortana.

I'm still working through the campaign, so I do wonder why these Elites are still acting like they're the Covenant. Or why they're still being called that by humans.

Actually they never did explain what happened to all those Covenant forces on Earth post Halo 3 (they conquered the entire planet).

Did the Elites kill them all? Did they go home? Is Earth just infested with Brutes and nobody mentions it?

Once again, this is where you need to read the novels to understand.

The Covenant have split off into splinter groups essentially and the Covenant we are fighting still believe in The Great Journey.

Not sure about The Covenant vacating Earth. And the Infinity was slowly being worked on for a long time and I guess the development accelerated after the war ended.

The Elites, Jackals, Grunts, and Hunters we see are apart of a radical faction. They don't necessarily represent The Covenant anymore but they do view themselves as The Covenant.

I assume after the truce was made between The Covenant and Humans, The Covenant packed up and left Earth. It's never mentioned but it is implied.

As for the UNSC Infinity, the first live-action trailer technically explained the purpose behind The Infinity. From what I could tell, the ship was created shortly after Human-Covenant War.

Whys Chiefs armor different? Do we just chalk that up to design choice or did he modify it while he was adrift.

Is it me or ave they depose red some things and made the secondary weapons over powered.

Oh my goodness. This game is absolutely beautiful.

I'm awestruck at both the in game and cinematic graphics. Wow.

The dialogue and story is so damn strong too. The intro scene of John's history was goosebumps raising.

I had no idea they were going to incorporate aspects of the novel too (by giving John an oblong head and freckles). Freaking awesome.

Once again, this is where you need to read the novels to understand.

The Covenant have split off into splinter groups essentially and the Covenant we are fighting still believe in The Great Journey.

Not sure about The Covenant vacating Earth. And the Infinity was slowly being worked on for a long time and I guess the development accelerated after the war ended.

Ugh, I hate it when they do that. Unless you include the book with the game, the story should be made clear in the game.

It may very well be a knee-jerk reaction to my first play through, but the Prometheans are some of the worst enemies I have ever seen in a video game.

Other than that, multiplayer is fun. The Flood = :awesome::up:.

The Elites, Jackals, Grunts, and Hunters we see are apart of a radical faction. They don't necessarily represent The Covenant anymore but they do view themselves as The Covenant.

I assume after the truce was made between The Covenant and Humans, The Covenant packed up and left Earth. It's never mentioned but it is implied.

As for the UNSC Infinity, the first live-action trailer technically explained the purpose behind The Infinity. From what I could tell, the ship was created shortly after Human-Covenant War.

Yeah but that still bugs me. After the events of Halo 3, the humans should be living in tents, and maybe have a few surviving ships.

It would have made more sense for the Elites (and maybe some humans) to come and get the Chief.

Ah well, the Infinity is a cool ship, and maybe the humans hid it away somewhere, or the Covenant forgot to blow up some factory on an obscure colony.

I find it needlessly confusing with the Covenant though. In Halo 2 the Elites were kicked out of the Covenant. And in Halo 3, it's rather clear that they no longer believe in its teachings (since they know the truth about the halos, the prophets, etc). Calling them "the Covenant" is just strange.

The only Covenant left at the end of Halo 3 were Brutes, some Grunts, Jackals, and Hunters.

Retcon I guess. Or just not caring.

Is there any difference if you play the campaign in co-op or in solo? Do more enemies appear or what?

Just started my solo Legendary playthrough. Up to 2nd mission.

Wish me luck!

Just beat the campaign. Easily the best of the series and one of the best of the year. Epic but yet very small and personal. The ending had me choked and on top that what a great ending, its nice to see a game with an actual ending. I'm so excited to see where they take Halo next

Just beat the campaign. Easily the best of the series and one of the best of the year. Epic but yet very small and personal. The ending had me choked and on top that what a great ending, its nice to see a game with an actual ending. I'm so excited to see where they take Halo next
The ending destroyed me emotionally. I broke down and since then I've been quite depressed. 343i did an excellent job.

Yeah the ending hit me right in the feels. I was on the verge of tears after that. Probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite Halo ending.

The campaign probably ranks as my 3rd favourite campaign experience from Halo.

1. Halo: Combat Evolved
2. Halo 3
3. Halo 4
4. Halo: Reach
5. Halo 2
6. Halo 3: ODST

i'm loving these new Promethean weapons. I am sad to see they didn't include the plasma rifle on the covenant side though that was a staple in the covenant weaponry.

Yeah but that still bugs me. After the events of Halo 3, the humans should be living in tents, and maybe have a few surviving ships.

True, but considering this is the future, who knows? Perhaps Earth's bounce-back was a direct cause from resources and advanced technology.

It would have made more sense for the Elites (and maybe some humans) to come and get the Chief.

But they assumed Master Chief was KIA at the end of Halo 3. Even if they believed Master Chief was still alive somewhere, they wouldn't know where to start searching.

Ah well, the Infinity is a cool ship, and maybe the humans hid it away somewhere, or the Covenant forgot to blow up some factory on an obscure colony.

Maybe, but The Infinity was commissioned and put into service after the war in 2553. That said, it continuously states that the vessel was re-purposed as an expeditionary and exploratory starship after the Human-Covenant War. So the conception or inception of The Infinity was solely meant to wipe out The Covenant at first.

I find it needlessly confusing with the Covenant though. In Halo 2 the Elites were kicked out of the Covenant. And in Halo 3, it's rather clear that they no longer believe in its teachings (since they know the truth about the halos, the prophets, etc). Calling them "the Covenant" is just strange.

It is strange considering the circumstances. I don't why the remaining Elites (who have sided with the radicals) would stick by "The Covenant" label. One would think they'd go under a new group name.

I assume it's just fan service from 343.

The only Covenant left at the end of Halo 3 were Brutes, some Grunts, Jackals, and Hunters.

Yep but it's never truly consistent. There's always going to sub-groups/divisions that don't agree with the majority consensus. For instance, The Brutes left The Covenant shortly after The Civil War but I'm willing to bet we've not seen the last of a few Brutes identifying themselves as Covenant Loyalists.

Yay, my order has been dispatched. :awesome:

Now to wait a week for it to arrive. :(

Just started my solo Legendary playthrough. Up to 2nd mission.

Wish me luck!
The hardest part on solo Legendary for me, were Ghosts, surprisingly. I would PP to stun them, but the stun works for only 2 seconds. And always attack from the side Other than that, it felt like normal Halo legendary.

do you have to play any of the prior Halo games, or be familiar with the prior story, in order to understand Halo 4?

does it explain what you need to know about the prior story and history in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"