Halo - The Live Action TV Series - By Steven Spielberg

Some more reviews:

Season 1 wasn't particularly good, but big budget sci-fi on TV is still relatively rare so I'm sticking with it. It probably helps that I've only played three of the games and never was all that invested in the franchise besides like the aesthetic and music. Hopefully McCreary utilizes O'Donnell's themes now that the lawsuit has been settled.

Here is the full Halo Season 2 release schedule:

• Episode 1 - “Sanctuary:” Thursday, February 8
  • Episode 2 - “Sword:” Thursday, February 8
  • Episode 3 - “Visegrad:” Thursday, February 15
  • Episode 4 - “Reach:” Thursday, February 22
  • Episode 5 - “Aleria:” Thursday, February 29
  • Episode 6 - “Onyx:” - Thursday, March 7
  • Episode 7 - “Thermopylae:” Thursday, March 14
  • Episode 8 - “Halo:” Thursday, March 21

Only 12 reviews on RT, but it’s at 92%. Hoping it’s good. I liked the first season better than most so if the second season is an improvement upon that, I’ll likely dig it.

I'm three episodes in and I'm just not digging it.

The UNSC are the biggest bad guys in the show. Even the Spartans are all kind of unlikable. It's hard for me to like Master Chief because he comes off like an unhinged guy who is losing his mind. I feel like he's constantly wasting his time.

All the Kwan and stuff on the Rubble just grinds the show to a halt.

This season is basically about the Fall of Reach and how the military makes every mistake imaginable. They've also totally changed how the invasion comes about.

None of the decisions made by UNSC and ONI made so far this season make any sense to me. Maybe these decisions will make more sense to the Halo faithful.

Only 12 reviews on RT, but it’s at 92%. Hoping it’s good. I liked the first season better than most so if the second season is an improvement upon that, I’ll likely dig it.

Same. Never played the games so I just liked it as a sci fi show.

Just got done watching the first two episodes and I’m really impressed. Like I’ve said on this thread that I really liked the first season even with its flaws and these two episodes took the good from the first and amplified those aspects to even great dramatic effect. The action and storytelling has a really gritty war vibe that I love. I can’t wait to watch the upcoming episodes.

So far much better improvement from last season.

My only gripe so far is the Kwan stuff, they should've just killed her off screen. None of that storyline interests me but I guess they're slowly phasing it out.

I don't understand the focus on Kwan and the Rubble. Why is the Rubble important, why do we need Soren, and why do we need Kwan?

Kwan I think might have some connection to the Forerunners and the artifacts I suppose? So I guess there's that. I just find those subplots very distracting and insignificant.

i also don't understand the UNSC, ONI, and Ackerson's decisions and actions here. It almost feels like the right outcome should be they are prepping for some sort of prepared or subjugation to the Covenant.

I don't understand the focus on Kwan and the Rubble. Why is the Rubble important, why do we need Soren, and why do we need Kwan?

Kwan I think might have some connection to the Forerunners and the artifacts I suppose? So I guess there's that. I just find those subplots very distracting and insignificant.

i also don't understand the UNSC, ONI, and Ackerson's decisions and actions here. It almost feels like the right outcome should be they are prepping for some sort of prepared or subjugation to the Covenant.
I might be wrong, but in the games the UNSC tries to evacuaye what they can from Reach, but they knew it was to be "The Alamo" of their retreat to regroup.

I might be wrong, but in the games the UNSC tries to evacuaye what they can from Reach, but they knew it was to be "The Alamo" of their retreat to regroup.

My understanding in the book was that Reach falls by an accidental human error, and they tracked a fleet ship back to Reach. It wasn't this gaslighting-type conspiracy. Based on Ackerson's decisions I almost feel like he wants humanity to lose to Covenant and surrender to them as the new overlords so they will survive.

My understanding in the book was that Reach falls by an accidental human error, and they tracked a fleet ship back to Reach. It wasn't this gaslighting-type conspiracy. Based on Ackerson's decisions I almost feel like he wants humanity to lose to Covenant and surrender to them as the new overlords so they will survive.
I remember the game differently, I did hear that the games and books definitely differed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"