Harry Knowles on X3

Maybe he's just..not that impressed?

He did say the full trailer was better, which it was. His remaining criticisms are valid, though. Juggs isn't all that wonderful, and the sets we've seen so far are your typical post-apocalyptic warzone settings (Not that they don't fit their roles as Danger Room and a mutant-thrashed San Fran, but that doesn't make the little of what we've seen visually amazing. Coupled with the lighting, it's all very reminiscent of T3's future war)

Give him a chance to see some of the more impressive features of the movie (Phoenix in action, Sentinels, etc) and he'll give credit where it's due. No one's seen anything yet; some people are just more pessimistic than others, an "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude.

sirius14sho said:
Who is Harry???

The fat **** from AICN.

IMG_5067.JPG

Oh yes, that's him.

I find it hard to believe he hasn't seen the trailer:o
However some of his criticisms are on the mark IMO

hunter rider said:
I find it hard to believe he hasn't seen the trailer:o
However some of his criticisms are on the mark IMO

I guarantee he's seen every single teaser/trailer/spot and can't comment on them because his foot's stuck in his mouth.

In all fairness to Harry, he said a lot of bad things about Batman Begins when the first couple teasers were revealed and he ended up really enjoying the movie. I remember him being pretty negative on a trailer for X2 and he had nothing but praise for the movie.

PhoenixFire said:
Liberty Island, Underground Base, Alcatraz...

You expected bright colors?

Maybe when they go to Mojoworld in X32...

Oh forgot where I was at sorry I forgot I'm not allowed to have an opinion here.

Many of the F/X were still not complete even in the full trailer. You guys remember the first FF trailers with no effects in them and the first full trailer still had F/X missing that really added to the film. Look at the first Ghost Rider footage and then the progress they made. It's gonna be great. IMO.

this guy had a commentary on the Hostel dvd......dont f***ing know why though...???

Hostel was an awesome flick but I'm kind of irritated they're making a sequel. Yeah I know the studio wants to make money but what's the point? At least Saw had a villain that escaped.

Advanced Dark said:
^ He is a big deal as far as his "reach" and "presence" on the web. His smear campaigns have actually stopped movies in pre-production from being made according to "Deconstructing Harry Knowles". He doesn't look like much but his voice carry's weight on the net to the followers he has and he does cause waves. His stories and rumors have lead Studio Execs to make press releases including Avi Arad. So not only as a fan but as a MVL shareholder it pissed me off to no end to watch him totally smear this film and Brett Ratner without giving it a chance. He's kind of backed off it quite a bit maybe at the persuasion of Avi Arad, Rothman, or their lawyers. I am happy he e-mailed me back and that he seems to have calmed down a bit.

There's your answer for the obsession with Harry Knowles folks....for this, and the 5 previous threads on him. :o

Seriously, I don't know what people are looking for with Knowles....An apology? He shouldn't have to apologize or retract JACK if he doesn't like what he sees. It's as plain and simple as that.

It's like an obsession around here when he speaks. Someone said it earlier, didn't he do the same with Batman last year?

^ Does that make me evil or Harry right? It's not a hidden fact look at my sig. I made it quite clear I e-mailed Harry 2 days ago and Retro commented that he was surprised Harry hasn't said anything about the full trailer. I e-mailed him and he responded. What...now I can't post that. It's interesting to some. I don't understand why people go to threads they're not interested in and post complaints. Move onto another thread or topic that interests you. You always seem to be around to bust my balls Pickle. He's a public figure with a widely followed site that even SHH get's stories from. Also nobody was really looking for a retraction. It was just odd that he was on a hyperactive smear campaign for a year on a popular movie website and when the full trailer comes out that we've all been waiting for we hear nothing from him. That's what we are discussing.

Advanced Dark said:
^ Does that make me evil or Harry right? It's not a hidden fact look at my sig. I made it quite clear I e-mailed Harry 2 days ago and Retro commented that he was surprised Harry hasn't said anything about the full trailer. I e-mailed him and he responded. What...now I can't post that. It's interesting to some.

It's not very interesting to others....The 'Fat Harry' jokes have gotten old as well. He hasn't commented on X3's new trailer. WHOOOPDEEEDOOOOO! That isn't news. I see it as you just waiting for Harry to backpeddle just a teeny tiny bit just so you can point and say, 'HAH! I TOLD YOU SO.'

[/QUOTE]
If I'm wrong, by all means let me know....this is the feeling I get when I read ALL your threads on Harry.

I also get the feeling that you're going after Harry because you personally feel he's hurting your 'bottom line' with his words. (Hence the shareholder part being in bold earlier)

I don't understand why people go to threads they're not interested in and post complaints. Move onto another thread or topic that interests you.

Where does it end then? Posts that Maxim Magazine is saying negative and potentially B.O. hurting things about X3? Maybe go after the L.A. Times if their review isn't favorable?

You always seem to be around to bust my balls Pickle. He's a public figure with a widely followed site that even SHH get's stories from. Also nobody was really looking for a retraction. It was just odd that he was on a hyperactive smear campaign for a year on a popular movie website and when the full trailer comes out that we've all been waiting for we hear nothing from him. That's what we are discussing.

AND? Harry doesn't like what he has seen up until this point. So what? If you are the one making all these 'Harry Knowles Said' threads, does anyone really care what Harry says besides you? Really? Everyone from Lightning to A1ant dismisses Harry....you seem to hold onto his every word, come here, and post about it like he'll singlehandedly ruin X3.

He won't and CAN'T.

^ Then leave the thread pickle. Post somewhere else obviously you're not interested and some others are interested. As usual you're trying to pick a fight and ruin a thread so it gets locked by Lightening or someone else. Go away or contribute. The World doesn't revolve around you. Regarding my bottom line on Marvel I'm up about 50%+ on my investment on 12,500 shares. The stock has gone from just over 12 to over 20 since before Harry's comments. It's at 19 and change right now. If you read my post I was referring to my look at this from the point as a fan and a shareholder. This shouldn't be a thread of personal matters. Please PM me if you have any further comments about me or my motives. Leave it out of here.

Where does it end? Who cares...mind your own business.

Pickle is right .

you're just looking for a way to bash Harry Knowles again..

the guy attack movies(but has as he demonstrated with Batman among others ,he can change his mind) , not your person and you attack him personnaly .

that's just sad..

Maze. You pickle and a few others are part of this little click that get together and harass me. This isn't the first time you and him have bullied up to make it seem like your point is correct. I'm not going to explain myself to you because you and Pickle are the same. My first post was not a bash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"