Harry Knowles on X3

Maybe maybe not. It might have been interesting on film.

I noticed Harry was totally bashing X2 while it was gearing up though his sidekicks (when they got more info) were highly anticipating it.

From the Ratner interview at ign.com:

IGNFF:
Obviously this is a movie where you have a ton of outside analysis going on from the fans. Did you try to set that aside while making the film?

RATNER:
Yeah. I mean, when I got the movie, I spoke to Brian [Singer], and he said, "Let me give you one good bit of advice." I said "okay," and he said, "Don't read Aint it Cool News. I'm like, "Why?" He's like, "They're just gonna talk s*** about you, and they did the exact same thing about me. They did the exact same thing when I did the first X-Men." So I kind of stayed away from it and just focused on making the film.

Remember back in the day when Aint it cool was like the #1 outlet for Hollywood to the fans? Now look at it...hilarious.

i hate Harry Obese Knowles

he's just a chunky critic that like all critics criticizes on things they can't accomplish

but i agree with one thing Juggernaut's look isn't that good but it looks like it can work. i was disappointed they didn't go with the more comic red face covered up costume look.

LostSon88 said:
From the Ratner interview at ign.com:

IGNFF: Obviously this is a movie where you have a ton of outside analysis going on from the fans. Did you try to set that aside while making the film?

RATNER: Yeah. I mean, when I got the movie, I spoke to Brian [Singer], and he said, "Let me give you one good bit of advice." I said "okay," and he said, "Don't read Aint it Cool News. I'm like, "Why?" He's like, "They're just gonna talk s*** about you, and they did the exact same thing about me. They did the exact same thing when I did the first X-Men." So I kind of stayed away from it and just focused on making the film.

Remember back in the day when Aint it cool was like the #1 outlet for Hollywood to the fans? Now look at it...hilarious.

every movie gets bashed at Aint It Cool News except for the ones Harry Lard Butt Knowles likes...

You mean what the studios pay him to like...

;)

HughJackFan420 said:
but i agree with one thing Juggernaut's look isn't that good but it looks like it can work. i was disappointed they didn't go with the more comic red face covered up costume look.
Did it ever occur to you that they tried to do that and it looked really bad?

-TNC

^ Good call TNC. Things can't be portrayed the same on 1960's comic pages and on film. Imagine they kept the dialogue of some of these comic books and translated it word for word on the big screen. LMAO

Funny the way Knowles is criticizing X3 for deviating from the comics but praising Superman for it?. Could Warner Bros dick be any further in this guys ass? Knowles has no credibility left.

Matt said:
Funny the way Knowles is criticizing X3 for deviating from the comics but praising Superman for it?. Could Warner Bros dick be any further in this guys ass? Knowles has no credibility left.

:up:ROTFLMAO!:D

He's definately a SR troll!

Matt said:

Oh shut up already. I clearly remember him being quite skeptical about Batman Begins before he saw it. And why is that bad?

Obviously for him to have not total and complete faith in Batman Begins, its not as obscene with WB as you ridiculously describe.

Advanced Dark said:
Well I am interested. Not every post is meant to interest everyone. I thought Harry led a very big smear campaign since Ratner was hired and publicly abused everything X3 to the extreme. Finally when the real product comes onto the net and the full trailer is released...nothing. And now he has to wait for the reviews before he can comment? I don't know but at least he e-mailed me back and was cool about it. I know I'm not the only one who was curious if he'd back pedal on his comments prior to the full trailer.

If he wanted to bash the film, he'd bash the film. NOT seeing the clips wouldn't stop him if he had an agenda. You seem to be angry that the man is exercising integrity and not bashing something he hasn't seen.

^ LMFAO at the post of the year. Thanks for the humor. Integrity? ROTFLMFAO Oh man thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"