Justice League Harry Lennix IS Martian Manhunter

Just...cheap.

Shoehorned, forced, you name it.

I would have been fine if he had shown up at the end after no introduction, and just revealed who he had been all along.

The Martian Manhunter was one disappointment for me.
He felt forced into this, not at all natural to anything.
As if Snyder wanted the character in, be damned if it makes sense or not.

And i didnt like the character design also.
I dont know if it would have been different not knowing before we would see him, but as it stands...i didnt like him at all in this.

Felt very shoehorned.
I think youre right. I think MM was something Zack shoehorned in after the fact.
Shoehorned, forced, you name it.
The Martian Manhunter was one disappointment for me. He felt forced into this, not at all natural to anything. As if Snyder wanted the character in, be damned if it makes sense or not.
Shoehorned is exactly the word, and it's not an opinion, it's fact.

There's an interview that's been posted in the spoiler thread with Zack. He wanted to use a Green Lantern (specifically Jon) in that end scene with Bruce, but WB said no, so he threw in a substitute character. I suspect the fake Martha scene was shot for the sake of it after that decision had been made. Zack wanted a 7th JL member, couldn't use a Lantern, so went with the next best thing.

I do wonder though if there was a sequel to ZSJL whether we'd have been introduced to Shazam among others. Black Adam is in production, the Hawks are going to show up in that too. Granted you can throw everyone in, but some characters would surely be about in such a knightmare scenario? Even Supergirl?

I didn't love how he looked. I'd like a slight redesign if they go forward with him. I'm a huge fan of the character, he's my favorite DC character. But I'm happy to see him still. And I love the actor.
indexx-1616085715.jpg

For me they could go with this design for multiple movies. I already want to buy figures of MM right now.

At first I was a bit upset that MM would impersonate Clark's mom and go "Grieve" with his Lois, I felt that was very mean spirited. But then thank goodness Zack added that line of dialogue where he says "The world needs you too, Lois" and I understood why MM did it.

Not to mention, J'onn can relate. Lost his wife, his two children, his whole race, and he can't even tell anyone about it.

I'll say this: please don't let this be the only time Harry Lennix plays the character. Despite how he was used and how that can be criticized, performance wise he nailed it and I hope we get to see him again in some shape or form.

At first I was a bit upset that MM would impersonate Clark's mom and go "Grieve" with his Lois, I felt that was very mean spirited. But then thank goodness Zack added that line of dialogue where he says "The world needs you too, Lois" and I understood why MM did it.
Yeah, that line certainly improved the scene. It would have come off a lot worse without it.

MM wasn't really needed for this movie except for maybe at the very end, but I still loved that he was there in some compacity and Henry Lennix really nailed the voice in his performance IMO.

The design of the character could proably be better, but honestly I always thought J'onzz was going to be a hard character to pull off in live action and I also hope to see him retun in the future.

I'll say this: please don't let this be the only time Harry Lennix plays the character. Despite how he was used and how that can be criticized, performance wise he nailed it and I hope we get to see him again in some shape or form.
It would be a shame to lose him. He deserves a shot at playing him when MM gets a story focus and joins the team.

The more I think about it...why couldn't they just have had General Swanwick himself visit Lois to pay his respects and have that moment?

Bah.

The more I think about it...why couldn't they just have had General Swanwick himself visit Lois to pay his respects and have that moment?

Bah.
I mean yeah.. that would be better :D, and have Martha’s moment separate and genuine.

Shoehorned is exactly the word, and it's not an opinion, it's fact.

There's an interview that's been posted in the spoiler thread with Zack. He wanted to use a Green Lantern (specifically Jon) in that end scene with Bruce, but WB said no, so he threw in a substitute character. I suspect the fake Martha scene was shot for the sake of it after that decision had been made. Zack wanted a 7th JL member, couldn't use a Lantern, so went with the next best thing.

I do wonder though if there was a sequel to ZSJL whether we'd have been introduced to Shazam among others. Black Adam is in production, the Hawks are going to show up in that too. Granted you can throw everyone in, but some characters would surely be about in such a knightmare scenario? Even Supergirl?
Zack confirmed he had no plans to use Shazam, I think in a Vero comment.

Also I was BEYOND EXCITED to see my favorite superhero in a major motion picture. My friend I watch the Snyder Cut with was highly amused by my reaction. It's just a pity he wasn't given the same due the other 6 were, but clearly Zack had planned that for the sequels.

I thought Jonn was going to fight side by side with the League.
Very Disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"