Superman Returns Has anybody changed their mind about the suit?

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Reaction score
This is the last thread I'm opening about the suit. Ever. I promise. :supes:

sorry, I hated it at first, and I still hate it now. I'll still go and see the movie though

Hated it at first and now I love it! I never minded the collar, boots or belt. My problem with it was the colors and the first scanned image we got was way too dark. Since then we have seen an official WB press photo and the colors look much closer to the Donner films than previously thought. :up:

Hated it at first,but the offical pic clears up one of my main problems with it which was the colours,little details like the buckle and shorts don't matter to much but i still think the \S/ is to small especially given Routh.So i guess my vote goes to it growing on me a bit

Im in the middle about the suit. I like the \s/ but the red should be brighter and there should be a yellow \S/ on the Cape!!! Anyways im in the middle i dont love it but i dont hate it either. :supes:

Policeman: Do you like your new costume Superman!!

Superman: What the HELL you talking about officer?
serial3.jpg

Unless there has been some new picture where the suit looks very different released in the past week that I'm somehow not aware of, the suit is still the one I didn't particularly like the first time I saw it.

I'll still go see the film though. :D :supes:

SuperYo said:
Policeman: Do you like your new costume Superman!!

Superman: What the HELL you talking about officer?
serial3.jpg
What's this from? Is there some sort of pre-George Reeves movie serial that I'm not up to speed on?

Chris Wallace said:
What's this from? Is there some sort of pre-George Reeves movie serial that I'm not up to speed on?

Um, yeah. Kirk Alyn was the first live action Superman in 2 serials, in 1948 and 1950.

George Reeves then starred in a stand alone theatrical movie (1951) before starring in the TV series in 1952.

I hated it at first, and now I'm starting to like it. The WB Routh Glossy photo helped. Much better Reds

normal_Glossy_000.jpg

I just hope people have gotten over their whole "I'm on the verge of tears now!"/"I'm not gonna see the movie cause the suit sucks" phase....to quote just a couple of posts I remember reading.

Still not a huge fan... there are aspects that I like and some I dont like.

But I am grown up enough to accept it.

:o

Lobo said:
I hated it at first, and now I'm starting to like it. The WB Routh Glossy photo helped. Much better Reds

normal_Glossy_000.jpg

That is a bit better. WB probably DID see all the bad reactions and chose a better mixture of colours for the official pictures.

I don't LOVE it the shield needs to be bigger and I don't like the way the cape is attached I like the S on the belt though. But I accept it and it is growing on me that glossy helps a lot. Visca have you seen the latest blog :eek:

ViscaBarcaInter said:
That is a bit better. WB probably DID see all the bad reactions and chose a better mixture of colours for the official pictures.
Or they altered the pic, & the suit's still the same.

superlakerman said:
SUPERMAN_RETURNS.jpg
This should be the Suit!!!!!!!
The boots still suck, I'm not feelin' the belt, & the shield could stand to be a bit bigger.

That is NOT how he should look. He looks to damn much like a circus clown...

hated it first because of the original shot of the colors....now im happier cause the colors turned out to be the right ones...

(Faking a British accent) I still hate the darn thing. But I admit the colors of that picture look nice ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"