Have The Terrorists Won?

pHat_aL said:
Hatred is such a strong word. Dislike. It's dislike.

Sorry about that. Got a little carried away.

Jourmugand said:
I would have to say yes.They succeded in nearly destroying the American economy,i hear their total debt is over 300 billion.
The deficit is around because George W. Bush is a fiscal idiot not because of the terrorists. The economy had a breif recession due to the September 11th attacks but the economy is back up and running at a normal pace. The American economy is still the largest economy in the world. So no, the terrorists were no where near destroying the economy.

Americans are still afraid to fly,the airline industry is still near bankruptcy.
No, most of that fear is gone now. The airline industry is in bankruptcy because of piss-poor management.

Ignorance runs rampid,the population mindlessly follows Bush.When people like TheSumOfGod aka TheAnswerIsJesus trys to put up facts...they are ignored or laughed at.
People ignore TheSumOfGod because of the crazy ass conspiracy theories involving the Illuminati and reptilians, even Matt ignores him. Another reason why many stories are ignored because in today's day and age anything can be made up (such as the 2000 and 2004 elections being rigged, George W. Bush going AWOL, WMDs in Iraq), if such stories that TheSumOfGod posted up were true, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, USA Today, the Associated Press, and other major media outlets would be all over it like Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib, etc.

World relations are low,the world is resisting the urge to crush the USA.
No major power has the desire to crush the United States. France always ends up in disagreements with the United States over NATO, Iraq, etc. Russia is not to be trusted with a leader who wants to reinstate the Soviet Union. China's policy is based on going to war with the United States because they want to retake Taiwan. Our relations with the United Kingdom, Australia and Japan are strong. Our relations with Canada and Germany are expected to warm up. We are building strong relations with Eastern Europe.

The United States is rarely a major player in Africa because to tell you the truth, the United States really doesn't care.

Latin America hates us because the United States took advantage of them over 100 years ago. The Middle East hates us because our troops are still on their soil for over 10 years now.

There is no trust among the people,so i would have to say yes.They won.
People have always been like this. You really need to get over this "USA teh Sux" attitude and comming up with reasons aren't even true.

D.Rex said:
No they haven't won. The terrorists will never bring about the downfall of the Western World as they claim thats what there out to do. They don't have the resources, technology, or manpower. Thats why they lose battle after battle and always have to resort to suicide and roadside bombs.
But as others have said it is impossible to stop terrorists as they will always exist just the same way there will always be crinimals. Murderers, robbers, rapists. They'll always exist. You can defeat Al Queda and conquer Iraq. But can't ever wipe the world clean of terrorists.

The key here is awareness. The United States needs to know they exist and know how to stop them. Not set out on this ridiculous and impossible quest of purging the world of terrorists. Which a lot of people claim is just a front as a way to claim oil.
What the US should have done is kept on it's original goal in Afghanistan and fully defeated Al Queda and the Taliban eliminating Osama and throwing them out of power. You can kill all of them but you can crush an organization like Al Queda. Had they stuck to this original goal Al Queda would be defeated by now and Bush and the US would have been much better off in the public eyes of the world and the world would be a little bit safer of a place. But instead Bush left the job half done and went on his way to Iraq. Inspiring more hatred than needed and causing more problems than solving.

I agree 100% with this man :up:

Jourmugand said:
I would have to say yes.They succeded in nearly destroying the American economy,i hear their total debt is over 300 billion.

Americans are still afraid to fly,the airline industry is still near bankruptcy.

Ignorance runs rampid,the population mindlessly follows Bush.When people like TheSumOfGod aka TheAnswerIsJesus trys to put up facts...they are ignored or laughed at.

World relations are low,the world is resisting the urge to crush the USA.

There is no trust among the people,so i would have to say yes.They won.

Theyve nearly destroyed our economy?? uhhhhhhh thats about as far from the truth as you can get. Look at our growth, unemployment rate, etc.

Our debt is more then 300 billion too.

See, this is just a silly statement "the population mindlessly follows Bush"...is that why his approval ratings are in the 30s??

We are afraid to fly? Traffic is just as high as it was then.

I have a question for Jourmugand, are you an American or not?

hippie_hunter said:
I agree 100% with this man :up:

Thanks hippie hunter. We're both in agreement here.
You earlier post was correct as well. I definetly agree with that.

Cho Chang said:
I'm not. does that count?

No because you're not him and you don't go off spouting the same bull like him, kainedaimo and Kittie Rose have.

Im pretty sure Jourmugand is a European. That would explain the bull and the constant unbased ragging on America.

D.Rex said:
Im pretty sure Jourmugand is a European. That would explain the bull and the constant unbased ragging on America.

I'm guessing Irish.

neither side has won. they terrorize because they want less interferrence. we interferre to stop our own men and women from dying and to secure the oil.

they have killed many of our people civillains and troops. and we interferred even more than we were before 9/11. Nobody wins in war and this is just another example. Neither side is winning. we will both lose or we will both fail.

if we get off oil and gradually get out of the entire middle east over the next few decades then both sides will win.

D.Rex said:
Not necessarily. I'm not European and I don't care much for the actions of the U.S. government.

Cho Chang said:
Not necessarily. I'm not European and I don't care much for the actions of the U.S. government.

There are even people in the United States who don't care for the actions of the American government. I can respect that beleif. I just hate it when people spout off crap like the American economy is on the verge of collapse, our relations are permanently destroyed, etc.

We were guessing Jourmungand's nationality to be European because the last two people who acted like him were European (Irish in particualr).

Spider-Bite said:
neither side has won. they terrorize because they want less interferrence. we interferre to stop our own men and women from dying and to secure the oil.

they have killed many of our people civillains and troops. and we interferred even more than we were before 9/11. Nobody wins in war and this is just another example. Neither side is winning. we will both lose or we will both fail.

if we get off oil and gradually get out of the entire middle east over the next few decades then both sides will win.

You know, for once I agree with you. You are absolutly correct.

Im not saying every European hates America. Most don't. Or that you have to be a European to hate America. That's just Jormugund.
But at least Cho when you have a problem to argue you base it on fact and it actually has a point instead of mindless bull.
Im not a big fan of the Bush administration either. And there have been some questionable actions by my government in the past. But hey Im proud to be an American and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. For the most part my government does things that help me rather than hurt me so I'm willing to work through the bad. Im willing to admit the dents and cuts in America and willing to do things to make it better for myself. Thats why in 2008 I'll vote for a new president that I feel will do a better job for me and for the USA.

I can respect people like you and Wilhelm that bring up real issues to debate and real problems. I don't respect people who throw around bull**** ideas and hate not based in reality.

D.Rex said:
Im not saying every Eiropean hates America. Most don't. Or that you have to be a European to hate America. That's just Jormugund.
But at least Cho when you have a problem to argue you base it on fact and it actually has a point instead of mindless bull.
Im not a big fan of the Bush administration either. And there have been some questionable actions by my government in the past. But hey Im proud to be an American and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. For the most part my government does things that help me rathe than hurt me so I'm willing to work through the bad. Im willing to admit the dents and cuts in America and willing to do things to make it better for myself. Thats why in 2008 I'll vote for a new president that I feel will do a better job for me and for the USA.

I can respect people like you and Wilhelm that bring up real issues to debate and real problems. I don't respect people who throw around bull**** ideas and hate not based in reality.

Exactly

Wilhelm-Scream said:
well, let's see:

women aren't allowed to talk to men in public...check
women aren't allowed to go to college.............check
women aren't allowed to show their flesh.........check
all enemies of Allah have been slain and dismembered...check

yep, looks like they've won.

it's the law there not necessarily the religion. ppl are taking it out and doing those things. they are slaying people and giving women no freedom. nowhere in quran does it say that. just because the extremists do it doesn't mean that is the law of islam. and i am saying this because you mentioned allah. i'm tired and tired of people thinking that the quran says it's ok to do this. allah says that the people that should be punished are those who do not follow islam but those who take time out to trash it and make it something it is not. but allah himself will take care of that. not the followers.

and allah is arabic for God. just thought i'd mention that once again.

I think often times that people mistake "hatred for Americans" with "frustration that the U.S. gov. is ****in' up pretty bad".

Cho Chang said:
I think often times that people mistake "hatred for Americans" with "frustration that the U.S. gov. is ****in' up pretty bad".

trust me many people are frustrated with what's going on.

D.Rex said:
No they haven't won. The terrorists will never bring about the downfall of the Western World as they claim thats what there out to do. They don't have the resources, technology, or manpower. Thats why they lose battle after battle and always have to resort to suicide and roadside bombs.
But as others have said it is impossible to stop terrorists as they will always exist just the same way there will always be crinimals. Murderers, robbers, rapists. They'll always exist. You can defeat Al Queda and conquer Iraq. But can't ever wipe the world clean of terrorists.

The key here is awareness. The United States needs to know they exist and know how to stop them. Not set out on this ridiculous and impossible quest of purging the world of terrorists. Which a lot of people claim is just a front as a way to claim oil.
What the US should have done is kept on it's original goal in Afghanistan and fully defeated Al Queda and the Taliban eliminating Osama and throwing them out of power. You can't kill all of them but you can crush an organization like Al Queda. Had they stuck to this original goal Al Queda would be defeated by now and Bush and the US would have been much better off in the public eyes of the world and the world would be a little bit safer of a place. But instead Bush left the job half done and went on his way to Iraq. Inspiring more hatred than needed and causing more problems than solving.

THE TRUTH. :up:

Cho Chang said:

I think your right in some cases. Sometimes it is frustration. But in this case it's just a hatred.

Earlier Jour said in the earthquake thread that the US isn't prepared for an earthquake of devasting proportions and therefore we deserve it to be taught a lesson. That's the kind of bs I'm talking about. Nobody deserves to die in an earthquake no matter where your from.

Cho Chang said:

Often yes, but still there are some people who do go into the first category (Kittie Rose), I haven't seen enough of Jourmugand's statements to categorize him as an America hater but he certainly isn't one of the "frustration of the U.S. government" people.

I'm putting him in the middle with kainedaimo, people who haven't actually stated hatred but still think that they're system is superior, should be implemented in the United States, and post "facts" that are easily disproven.

EDIT: Never mind, I read jourmugand's statements in the earthquake thread, I'm putting him in the Kittie Rose category.

hippie_hunter said:
There are even people in the United States who don't care for the actions of the American government. I can respect that beleif. I just hate it when people spout off crap like the American economy is on the verge of collapse, our relations are permanently destroyed, etc.

We were guessing Jourmungand's nationality to be European because the last two people who acted like him were European (Irish in particualr).

at the moment the vast majority of america disapproves of our President and his Administration as well as our GOP controlled Congress.

Spider-Bite said:
at the moment the vast majority of america disapproves of our President and his Administration as well as our GOP controlled Congress.

True, but its annoying when people, because of their dislike for Bush, will try to cast anything and everything about America in the worst light possible....no matter how absurd it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"