• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Have you ever had to be a leader?

I've probably been more of a follower growing up, though after the military, I've had no problem stepping into leadership roles. I actually enjoy it, and I've learned that I like things done my way... :)

As scary as it may seem if you haven't ever done it or believe yourself capable of it, it's a great feeling. Sometimes you just gotta sink or swim...

Being the leader is quite cool.I've always been the head honcho of my group and it's fun telling people what to do.The downside of this thing is that when things don't do well,people would look at you for some inspiration which is something i'm not good at.

USMC said:
it's a great feeling.
It's not a great feeling when you're saddled with well-meaning morons though, and lack the power to do away with them. :down

If you're in your late teens and you haven't led anything by now, i would be a little worried.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
It's not a great feeling when you're saddled with well-meaning morons though, and lack the power to do away with them. :down

Lol, I just tell them they're wastes of space and get someone else to do the job. :)

The Amazing Lee said:
I've led my penis into the great land known as Vagina.

:o

Did you get lost on the way? :huh:

USMC said:
Did you get lost on the way? :huh:

Nah. Though he wouldn't make up his mind.

He kept going into it and then out again. Simultaneously.

Very interesting you should bring this up. It's a topic I've been pondering a lot lately.

Throughout most of my teenage years, I was quiet, kept to myself, the laid-back follower. But as I began to get involved in the teen group at my church, I started seeing a need for a leader. I began attending events and being active in the group, and I started being a leader by example. Later on, I began developing into a verbal leader as well. My tendency to act wacky and attempt to elicit laughter was a means for me to break the ice, get close and have influence.

Now, I find myself in a curious position. Going to classes at college now, despite having been homeschooled, I am very outspoken and a verbal leader. I am the one to initiate discussion in groups, get things moving, and try to get things organized, because most everyone else is afraid to. I encourage participation. However, my leadership actions are not my natural inclination. I accepted them by necessity you might say. Now I find myself teetering in the balance between how I am going to further define myself. Am I to go back to being the solemn, thoughtful type, which is my normal tendency, or become the outspoken, outgoing leader, which is not that much of who I really am?

To sum it up, I don't necessarily desire to be a leader, but I realize somebody needs to be and am willing to step up and fill the gap if I have to. Anyone else in a similar situation?

The Amazing Lee said:
Nah. Though he wouldn't make up his mind.

He kept going into it and then out again. Simultaneously.

I won't lie, that's hot. :o

Babs Gordon said:
Isn't it usually the other way around? :huh:
A land comes to my penis?

Although yeah...there's definetely something coming. :hyper:

Wilhelm-Scream said:

my staff right now is JUST like that.
the big boss is all like " well things should be easier now that you have all those extra hands and eyes"
and I seriously went like " yeah, all those hands wrapped in wads of cotton and no ****ing depth perception....awesome"

I will take a lead if I have to, but if I don't need to I won't. Classic example being debateish lessons like sociology. If nobody wants to say something first, I'll say it. If nobody wants to challenge an idea, I'll do it, and if someone has to speak at the front of the class its usually me.

I've been a manager in a few areas too. I started out helping at the back of a charity shop to please my grandmother and ended up stock manager sort of by accident, and when I was a warehouse box-mover I ended up being in charge of pretty much all the in-and-out.

I'm normally the first one to do something though. The herd needs someone to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"