Watchmen HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Damon Lindelof

Yeah me too. I loved the Leftovers so I’m going to trust Damon. Never read the graphic novel but seen the movie.

Do yourself a favor and read it. You're missing out.

Lol, the movie was better. :p

When I was younger, I valued the film in so many ways. But now looking back, it really does feel like a juvenile understanding of the graphic novel.

I already feel like Lindelof has a better grasp of the material than Snyder.

Sorry, but the squid had to go. :p

My problems with the movie have nothing to do with the squid. Getting rid of the squid was a wise move. But I still think the movie still sucked and did no justice to the graphic novel whatsoever. :oldrazz:

I'm actually more optimistic about this BECAUSE it's not attempting a direct adaptation. That world Moore created was so interesting, I feel like there could be a wealth of worthwhile stories to tell about it. Hopefully LIndelof & Co. have tapped into one. Exploring its ideas from a different viewpoint might be a great approach that could make for a worthy companion to the graphic novel, imo.

I have no idea what to expect which is a good thing and I'm glad that its not a direct adaptation but instead it will be its own thing. I wonder if they will set it in the 50's/60's with the Minutemen as the protagonist or set it in modern day.

I wonder if they will set it in the 50's/60's with the Minutemen as the protagonist or set it in modern day.

From what little the creative team has said, it sounds like the bulk of the story is contemporary-- What 2018 would look like in the Watchmen world-- but will feature detours/flashbacks into the past. From the casting, it definitely appears that as part of their contemporizing strategy they are taking on black/racial perspectives within the Watchmen world, which should be interesting.

Do we know yet when this will air?

Haven't heard anything except "sometime next year."

From what little the creative team has said, it sounds like the bulk of the story is contemporary-- What 2018 would look like in the Watchmen world-- but will feature detours/flashbacks into the past. From the casting, it definitely appears that as part of their contemporizing strategy they are taking on black/racial perspectives within the Watchmen world, which should be interesting.
As a black man, I'm intrigued by this concept and I hope this will be executed well.

As a black man, I'm intrigued by this concept and I hope this will be executed well.

Yeah I’m intrigued by this aspect as well. The BLM movement, I could see there being a story where several members of the AA community decide to police their own community from the gang violence and the police (I’m betting this will be an even more divisive world than the one we live in. Possible Adrien Veidt committed suicide because of the guilt and the fact his plan achieved nothing in the end). Be kinda cool to have a Omar Little meets Rorscharch vigilante in a place like Baltimore

There were some photos of a KKK rally and I saw a couple rumors it might be tied to Hooded Justice. Been a long time since I’ve read the graphic novel, can’t remember if Hooded Justice has a backstory or identity, but with the black hood and the noose around his neck, I think that would be a pretty compelling backstory for him to have been an AA back in the 50’s, survivor of a lynching, maybe his grandson takes on the mantle in this story.

Idk, I’m completely just guessing here. I’m ready to find out more information

I think Hooded Justice was supposed a circus performer turned vigilante.

As composers I think they're kind of one-note, but they'll do fine for this. Could've been much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"