• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

HE directed that?

Bryan Singer : SUPERMAN RETURNS (really such a shame, used to respect that guy for givin us usual suspects, apt pupil and the xmen movies but gosh wat was he thinkin)

The same thing he was thinking when he ****ed up X-Men even worse.

The same thing he was thinking when he ****ed up X-Men even worse.
...You can't honestly say that X1 and X2 were ****ed up.. They're the closest we're ever going to get to a live action X-Men without it looking completely gay..

Spielberg - A.I. Its not his style, its very Kubrick.

It's been said twice before, but it was a kubrick movie. Spielbreg pieced the movie togehter using his notes. Pretty cool. :up:

Can anyone think of any directors that have this one movie in their filmography that really surprised you to discovered that they directed(in a bad way, I mean)?

I was suprised to learn that Joel Schumacher directed a thriller like Phone Booth and yet it just blows me away how bad he raped the Batman franchise.

Shoemaker's done some good work. Tigerland and The Lost Boys were shumacher vehicles.

Oh and as for my pick. MCG's- MARSHALL.

The charlies angel guy.

Sometimes I forget to wrap my head around Spielberg directing The Color Purple, Clooney directing Good Night, and Good Luck, Ben Stiller directing The Cable Guy, and Eddie Murphy directing Harlem Nights.

-TNC

Roland Emmerich directing Ghost Chase. I loved that film when I was a kid, and then pretty much forgot about it. Then came Stargate and Independance Day, and I saw that they were by the same guy.

Alex Proyas and "I, Robot".

I had trouble believing the director of such innovative movies like "The Crow" and "Dark City" could make such a boring pedestrian sci-fi flick.

circa 1993: Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List.

if you've seen all of Spielberg's films up to that point, you know what i mean by being surprised that he can make a movie like SL.

I, Robot is an awesome movie :o

Not directing but Judd Apatow was a writer for Celtic Pride. :dry:

circa 1993: Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List.

if you've seen all of Spielberg's films up to that point, you know what i mean by being surprised that he can make a movie like SL.

Everything I have seen from Spielberg as a director comes to one conclusion for me personally. I can watch anything he directs and be captivated with enjoyment. Yes I loved The Terminal too. :o

Everything I have seen from Spielberg as a director comes to one conclusion for me personally. I can watch anything he directs and be captivated with enjoyment. Yes I loved The Terminal too. :o

I loved the Terminal too, i dot know why?

Alex Proyas and "I, Robot".

I had trouble believing the director of such innovative movies like "The Crow" and "Dark City" could make such a boring pedestrian sci-fi flick.
Yeah to that. But blame Fox. :cwink: (Didn't Proyas say after I, Robot, that he'll never work with Fox as long as certain people are in control? If so, I'm surprised of the Silver Surfer talks.)

Peter Jackson and The Frighteners. I love that movie and didn't realize he directed it until after the LOTR trilogy (which I love to hate).

Same here I had no idea who Jackson had done that. I only noticed him after LOTR (which I love to love).

I seriously didn't believe anyone when they were saying that Jackson was going to direct LOTR. All I could think of was Meet the Feebles and Braindead.

I seriously didn't believe anyone when they were saying that Jackson was going to direct LOTR. All I could think of was Meet the Feebles and Braindead.

But I think he did a great job. :woot:

Most directors have that he directed that movie

its a rarity that a director can go his whole career without making a bad pic

or for the reverse even the guys who make bad movies can normally squeeze out a gem every now and then

a side not, Peter Jackson rules and none of my affinaty for him has happened this century on Dead Alive is a masterpeice

Then there is always the exceptions...like Uwe Boll. :o
well there are some people that just don't have talent or the wearwithall to make a good movie, Uwe Boll may be one of those, but don't be surprised if somewhere down the road he makes a movie you hate to love

Tim Burton directing PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE!... yeah...

Oh, and he may not have directed it, but M. Night Shamylan wrote STUART LITTLE!

...You can't honestly say that X1 and X2 were ****ed up.. They're the closest we're ever going to get to a live action X-Men without it looking completely gay..

right, that was a great x-men movie right? i mean completely centered on wolverine, incorrectly attributed characters, poor characterization, poor storytelling, bland action (sans the night crawler scene). I'm pretty sure your right that this is the closest thing to an x-men movie without it looking gay:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"