The Dark Knight "Heath has created something quite terrifying" - Empire Magazine interview

cool article! thanks for posting.

Great articles. I laugh at that line where Caine said about meeting Nicholson in a nightclub. :D :D

"Im not worried at all" says Bale. "That was exactly the problem i had with all of the other movies - after i had read Frank Millers Batman : year one and the various other graphic novels, i looked at those films and said "Well, how come its always been that Batmans the most boring character?, ive never found him to be intriguing at all. Whereas these graphic novels depicted him as really being by far the most fascinating character. So i feel like we gained that back with Batman Begins. Now we've made him a character of substance, i have no problem with him competing with someone else. And thats going to make better entertainment and a better movie, which is great."

I agree with Christian Bale. Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin each focused on the villains more than Batman.

To me, that was one of the main reasons to make Batman Begins.... to make a Batman movie ABOUT BATMAN.

"Hes just somebody who exaggerates tha scar on his mouth" adds hemming. A quick word with Conor O'Sullivan, lead make-up prosthetic artist, gives us some clue as to how The Joker recieves this scar. "I cant say too much because its a major plot point for the movie, but lets just say that The Joker himself is responsible for at least some of the scarring".
"What the director has done" says Caine,

Where's the purple part from? I don't see that in my copy :huh:

"What the director has done" says Caine, "which is so clever, is that the Joker has left the make-up and just let it rot off. It is never renewed. He's got a big, wide mouth and it gradually almost looks like a bad skin disease".

This i find particularly interesting - i was worried that The Joker would just keep applying make-up but im guessing this means he has his accident, goes fúcking nuts, applies the make-up and then the movie is basically in real-time - cant imagine the joker sleeping with the make-up and it being fine the next day :o

"What the director has done" says Caine, "which is so clever, is that the Joker has left the make-up and just let it rot off. It is never renewed. He's got a big, wide mouth and it gradually almost looks like a bad skin disease"
He's appearently referring to the skin coloured make-up. Not the white one.

I still find it funny how some people think they're making this new Joker to "outdo" Jack's Joker. :whatever:

I love how we're getting all of this cool s--t lately, none of which has been related to this ridiculous viral marketing campaign.

"Heath has created something terrifying", "Heath scared the living hell out of me" etc... That sounds like my kind of Joker.:up:

"Heath has created something terrifying", "Heath scared the living hell out of me" etc... That sounds like my kind of Joker.:up:

Ditto :woot:

It's so frustrating right now, conversing and getting bombarded with Jack-lovers who get pissed when I say Heath is gonna be dark. "What, Jack wasnt dark?? He shot a guy multiple times and messed up a girls face! How can you say Heath is dark judging by some pics?!"

Give me a ****ing break :whatever: . I didnt say I like Heath more than Jack. And i'm also saying he's darker because, well, the interviews say it, as well as getting to know him thru the viral sites. Just chill out, i'm not hating on Jack's joker. Jack is a legend and nobody will ever top him because hes the best ever. There, happy? lol

Ditto :woot:

It's so frustrating right now, conversing and getting bombarded with Jack-lovers who get pissed when I say Heath is gonna be dark. "What, Jack wasnt dark?? He shot a guy multiple times and messed up a girls face! How can you say Heath is dark judging by some pics?!"

Give me a ****ing break :whatever: . I didnt say I like Heath more than Jack. And i'm also saying he's darker because, well, the interviews say it, as well as getting to know him thru the viral sites. Just chill out, i'm not hating on Jack's joker. Jack is a legend and nobody will ever top him because hes the best ever. There, happy? lol

I fall under the category of a Jack-lover, admittedly, but I can't wait to see what Heath does. What I loved about Jack in '89 is that he did play it more colorfully(not like Romero but still). I liked the murdering-but-still-silly-clown Joker but Heath's Joker definitely looks far more terrifying and certainly darker.

Jack's Joker wasn't darker(not like Batman #1) but he wasn't trying to be. Everyone needs to realize these are two different versions of the same character.

:joker:

I was thinking, the narrows plants could contain a kind of toxin similar to acid. Now, if a person were exposed to excessive amounts of this, they'd go insane. But somebody might embrace this insanity, and since while you're on acid, you don't sleep, i bet this transformation will actually be similar to what would happen in that instance. Slow deterioration of the mind and body.

Why do we need acid or bleach? Why does he have to have an accident? I think that he'll do it to himself. Bottle of cheap bleach, all over his face. Sizzle, sizzle.

Why do we need acid or bleach? Why does he have to have an accident? I think that he'll do it to himself. Bottle of cheap bleach, all over his face. Sizzle, sizzle.

OMGZ BECUZ ITS IN THE COMICSZ!!

I fall under the category of a Jack-lover, admittedly, but I can't wait to see what Heath does. What I loved about Jack in '89 is that he did play it more colorfully(not like Romero but still). I liked the murdering-but-still-silly-clown Joker but Heath's Joker definitely looks far more terrifying and certainly darker.

Jack's Joker wasn't darker(not like Batman #1) but he wasn't trying to be. Everyone needs to realize these are two different versions of the same character.

:joker:

Well said Mr. Socko! :up:

"I had to do this bit where Batman and I watch a video which The Joker sends to threaten us. So i'd never seen him, and then he came up on the television in the first rehearsal and i completely forgot my lines. I flipped, because it was so stunning, it was quite amazing. Wait until you see it, its incredible"

:) Awesome.

This i find particularly interesting - i was worried that The Joker would just keep applying make-up but im guessing this means he has his accident, goes fúcking nuts, applies the make-up and then the movie is basically in real-time - cant imagine the joker sleeping with the make-up and it being fine the next day :o

What about the different hair-lengths we see in the different photos? Do you think he just cuts his hair at some point, or could the movie take place over a longer period??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"