The Dark Knight Is Nolan abusing his reputation?

I really think that the person who made this thread was very very dramatic. I swear...

Nolan is not abuseing his "Power" if you call a mildly succesfull Batman movie power. What he needs do, is make a batman movie that can appeal to more then one group of people. Take away the batman character from the movie, and leave only Bruce Wayne, Begins turns into a urban crime drama film. The second movie needs to be less "realistic" and actually have a real Batmobile, with cool gadgets. That tumbler crap is to high profile for a detctive, he can't sneak into anywhere driving an army vechile. The fightscenes were badly shot, and look like student films. The editing and certain real effects looked terrible, 150 millions dollars and yet Nolan can't spend it properly.

Eros said:
That tumbler crap is to high profile for a detctive, he can't sneak into anywhere driving an army vechile. The fightscenes were badly shot, and look like student films. The editing and certain real effects looked terrible, 150 millions dollars and yet Nolan can't spend it properly.

Eros said:
Nolan is not abuseing his "Power" if you call a mildly succesfull Batman movie power. What he needs do, is make a batman movie that can appeal to more then one group of people. Take away the batman character from the movie, and leave only Bruce Wayne, Begins turns into a urban crime drama film. The second movie needs to be less "realistic" and actually have a real Batmobile, with cool gadgets. That tumbler crap is to high profile for a detctive, he can't sneak into anywhere driving an army vechile. The fightscenes were badly shot, and look like student films. The editing and certain real effects looked terrible, 150 millions dollars and yet Nolan can't spend it properly.

You make me sad:(

eros has his opinion. But he's making as if Nolan failed on the movie.

Not everyone can like the movie but thankfully, Batman Begins is an universally loved movie.

Well, I suppose the fact that Ledger may well not have accepted the part explains Chris's silence. Jett really needs to apply a little more restraint to his reportage of rumours.

I think nobody knows will Ledger sign or not.

Even Nlan is waiting.

But if Ledger doesn't sign, Nolan should hurry to find his Joker until November.

Dark Phantom said:
I'm a little upset over the casting of Ledger as Joker, although I would have preferred Lachy Hulme or even Paul Bettany. But the main reason I'm mad is because Nolan just picked Ledger out of the blue and we had knowledge of this what so ever. Now I may sound whiny like, "Nolan should listen to the fans first." But thats not the case.

So?

Dark Phantom said:
Nolan built up a reputation with Batman Begins. He listened to the fans for casting choices before making his own. He went over to DC comic writers to ask for their approval before making any neccassary changes. My point is, it seems that Nolan is taking advantage of his status as a director. Many fans put their faith into Nolan, accepting mostly anything that will be developed in BB2. But now its like a stab in the back. Its like Nolan doesn't care who the fans want as Joker.

You didn't take part in the development of Batman Begins...STOP acting like you did.

Dark Phantom said:
Maybe Ledger was really good in his screentest and Nolan saw something. Maybe Ledger will prove me wrong and make a great Joker in the film. But Nolan should have kept the fans informed that Ledger was a candidate. Its like he's forgetting to do everything that made BB such a huge success.

And how exactly did you come to that conclusion? He's a critically acclaimed Hollywood director. Get off your high horse and come back down to reality with the rest of us.

We're fanboys...not executives of DC or the WB. Nolan doesn't have to answer to any of us about anything.

It's funny, looking back on this thread and seeing all the skepticism over Heath's casting when, now, there's almost universal praise for the role.

Things like this is one of the many things I'll miss after the movie comes out :(

Wow, it is pretty interesting to look back on!

I have a question. Can someone link me to the 1st thread where people talked about the 1st revealing of Heath's joker from WSS? And a link to the 1st thread when Heath was 1st announced as the Joker?

LOL, this thread is quite hilarious to read now.

i love the threadstarter's current avvy is ledger joker and his signature is all about ledger...how opinions change...goes to show some fanboys should just wait before they run their mouths off..i hope this guy is kicking himself.

People who doubted Heath will never admit it. Quite funny actually (the majority of people wont admit it)

I'm actually good friends with Dark Phantom, and he really has come around to praising Ledger's Joker whole heartedly, from what he's seen

This thread was just to good to let die :o

I will admit I had my doubts about Heath as the joker, and I am glad to say that I was wrong. Heath has turned at to be perfect casting. Thanks for the hard work, and dedication you put into the role!:)

HAHA! Awesome thread bump!

Dark Phantom, Franklin Richards, xwolverine2, take the walk of shame. :woot:

Maybe Ledger was really good in his screentest and Nolan saw something. Maybe Ledger will prove me wrong and make a great Joker in the film.

This is so funny. It's ironic coming from someone who now has a Ledger avatar and mentions Ledger twice in his sig. XD

THIS is why people sometimes don't listen to fans. Fanboys can be whiny, self-centered little ingrates who don't really know what's best usually. Sometimes it takes more courage and conviction to stand up for your own choices than cave into ******ed whining such as this.

Or alternatively, they are often right and some were merely proven wrong in this instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"