The Dark Knight Is Nolan abusing his reputation?

Well considering I have a Masters Degree in Theatre, I think I know a little bit about acting and I'm telling you with that monotone delivery of Ledger's his acting style is robot-like. He did good in his films but he wasn't being asked to play such a bigger than life character like the Joker.

90% of film and theatre is casting. I think he was miscast.

What do I know about The Joker? I've been reading comics for thirty years. I think I know a little about The Joker. :D

:thing: :doom: :thing:

LOL where did you get your master's degree from? :huh:

You guys think this ****'s funny, try digging up the "Latino Review: Heath Ledger is The Joker" thread from two years ago.

Or alternatively, they are often right and some were merely proven wrong in this instance.

Nah. Every single time when it's either "Wait and see" vs. "OMG FREAKOUT NERD RAGE", wait and see is always the best option. Always.

Except that many people opt for the third option, hailing every dingle studio decision as inspired.

TDK looks to be very good, so this appears less blatant at this stage, but a synoptical reading of the course of message board commentary for a movie like Spiderman 3 or Superman Returns makes it quite obvious.

I didnt realise this is an old thread, I got to page 3 and I was like wtf?!

I finally woke up and read the dates of the posts.

That will teach me to have a hang over

Amusing reading. :woot:

Although, I have to say, the majority of the early replies (didn't read thru the whole thread) were quite mature and dare I say...sensible regarding Ledger's casting. Give yourselves a pat on the back, lol. ;)

Amusing reading. :woot:

Although, I have to say, the majority of the early replies (didn't read thru the whole thread) were quite mature and dare I say...sensible regarding Ledger's casting. Give yourselves a pat on the back, lol. ;)
Well the majority of people on here, are very intelligent, open-minded people. It's a shame that the select few, are the ones that give all us fan boys a bad name, with their close-mindedness.

x]
i bet the guy who made this thread wishes he could take it back
but you know every one was like Ledger???
and the only response was Nolan knows what hes doing
but.. Damn! He knew exactly what he was doing, everything shown by Ledger is gold and I gotta agree with Leterman they should of made a spin off movie of just the Joker ( Played by Heath of course ) I would of so seen that movie xD

Or alternatively, they are often right and some were merely proven wrong in this instance.

Except that many people opt for the third option, hailing every dingle studio decision as inspired.

TDK looks to be very good, so this appears less blatant at this stage, but a synoptical reading of the course of message board commentary for a movie like Spiderman 3 or Superman Returns makes it quite obvious.

LMAO, it's funny to see people like you continue to defend fanboy whining, while ignoring the real point. Sure, fanboys can be right when it comes to obvious things, like FF2 being an unholy mess. But that's something anyone can see.

The point here is that people like you jump to premature negative conclusions based on their own ego and sense of somehow being wronged. That sort of immature whining just takes a big old *****slap when you look at a thread like this. You lose. Deal with it.

LMAO, it's funny to see people like you continue to defend fanboy whining, while ignoring the real point. Sure, fanboys can be right when it comes to obvious things, like FF2 being an unholy mess. But that's something anyone can see.

The point here is that people like you jump to premature negative conclusions based on their own ego and sense of somehow being wronged. That sort of immature whining just takes a big old *****slap when you look at a thread like this. You lose. Deal with it.

I wouldn't go that far. In this thread at least, regwec kept an open mind, being cautious about putting himself on either side of the fence. So I'd hardly say this thread is of any relevance to his later grievances with The Joker in this film.

Thanks, Keyser. Sometimes its nice not to be obliged to converse with illiterate riff-raff like that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"