World Hobb-Goblin or Green Goblin

HELL N' SPIDERS

Spider with a Power Ring
Reaction score
Tell which one do you prefer, and why. And try not to get on a tangent or call names.

Not even a competition really...

Green Goblin because he makes Peter's life a living hell.

With the extra b in the name for some reason I read it as Hobo Goblin :hyper:

Green Goblin, he was the original. Norman invented the equipment
and the goblin motif. Kingsley, Leeds, Macendale, and Donovan just stole
the equipment and re-worked the costume. Norman had a more personal agenda, he was motivated by sinister urges and not just a lust for wealth.
I know that other men have also worn the GG costume, but Norman Osbourn
was the first, and thus the definitive persona behind the mask.

Not even a competition really...

Green Goblin because he makes Peter's life a living hell.

Ditto

He went through all the trouble just to find out who Spidey was, and has been tormenting him since ... and he's responsible for the death of Peter's first true love

I'm gonna be the sour grape or the bad apple or some (other needless fruit reference) or whatever & go with Hobby....

YEAH... now we get down to some real talkin'... I have a passion for Hobby because... (HEAR ME OUT) in the comics & tv appearances, Kingsley, Leeds, Macendale, and Donovan (PARTICULARLY MACENDALE) have always had a deep, round, backstory... I KNOW norman gets more play and yes Green Goblin probably gets a lot more attention in the comics and otherwise, but Hobby seems to have a more interesting characterization...

It's not the normal supervillian who is rich with all the toys and goes mad.

It's more than that... I mean it took a lot of inginuity for Hobby to just create another version of the Goblin! ! !

I THINK HE LOOKS MORE MENACING TOO... it would have been interesting to see a movie version of the Hobgoblin.

The Green Goblin because he was the first to know who Spidey really is, and he killed Gwen Stacy. He has left an impact in the Spidey universe even until this day. :up:

can someone explain to me, without talking origin, why G. Goblin is better than HB

i don't understand... they have near the same weapons, but Hobby is more sinister (CLEARLY)

Hell N' Spiders = Bats N' Hornets ? :huh:

can someone explain to me, without talking origin, why G. Goblin is better than HB

i don't understand... they have near the same weapons, but Hobby is more sinister (CLEARLY)

How the hell is Hobby clearly more sinister? Did he kill Gwen Stacy? Did he kill Peter and MJ's baby? Did he make Flash Thompson a vegetable? Did he bury Aunt May alive? Did he orchestrate the Clone Saga?

No. The Green Goblin did all that.

POINT TAKEN, but Green Goblin is overhyped. it's not like Hobby couldn't have done any of that as well.

Coulda' woulda'.......DIDN'T. Norman did it all. Not Hobby. That's why Green Goblin is better and more sinister.

As for overhyped, there's only one Spidey villain that falls into that category, and that's Venom. At least Norman has earned his reputation.

I think Norman is the one true Goblin. I don't care for the Hobgoblin, at all.

Coulda' woulda'.......DIDN'T. Norman did it all. Not Hobby. That's why Green Goblin is better and more sinister.

As for overhyped, there's only one Spidey villain that falls into that category, and that's Venom. At least Norman has earned his reputation.
:applaud:applaud:applaud:applaud:applaud:applaud :applaud:

How the hell is Hobby clearly more sinister? Did he kill Gwen Stacy? Did he kill Peter and MJ's baby? Did he make Flash Thompson a vegetable? Did he bury Aunt May alive? Did he orchestrate the Clone Saga?

No. The Green Goblin did all that.
Bingo.

Green Goblin, no contest.

point taken about G. Goblin but Venom overhyped?

he was overhyped for spidey 3 (A MOVIE THAT SUCKED... venom could have been done so much better)

overhyped in the comic world... NO, there are a lot more Green Goblin fans than Venom fans apparently! ! !

THIS THREAD ATESTS TO THAT! ! !

point taken about G. Goblin but Venom overhyped?

he was overhyped for spidey 3 (A MOVIE THAT SUCKED... venom could have been done so much better)

overhyped in the comic world... NO

Yes, Venom is overhyped in the comic books. He's merely a glorified stalker with a chip on his shoulder in the comics. What terrible or significant things has he ever done to Spidey?

Nothing. Yet some people think he should be labelled Spidey's greatest foe. They're having a laugh. He's not even close to that.

THIS THREAD ATESTS TO THAT! ! !

Your thread only has about seven different people posting in it. Hardly the big picture for every fan across the world, is it?

BATS N' HORNETS your starting an argument with Joker, right? Just reminding you...

I'm not meaning to argue friend, THESE ARE ALL JUST OPINIONS ANYWAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"