World Hobb-Goblin or Green Goblin

How the hell is Hobby clearly more sinister? Did he kill Gwen Stacy? Did he kill Peter and MJ's baby? Did he make Flash Thompson a vegetable? Did he bury Aunt May alive? Did he orchestrate the Clone Saga?

No. The Green Goblin did all that.

I think Norman Osborn is his greatest enemy, but I think Hobby is a cooler villain.

I think Norman Osborn is his greatest enemy, but I think Hobby is a cooler villain.
IMO, the Green Goblin is cooler than Hobgoblin. There is just so many things about the Green Goblin that are fantastic. Don't get me wrong though, Hobgoblin is very cool to.

if you need anymore reason that HG is better than GG check out this episode of Spiderman TAS...

it's called Goblin War.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1580629JAfK3AD2?searchId=4601209157813810037&rank=11

PS. we seem to be down to our last diet coke... a gentleman is on his way to pick some up...just look for a black car! NO, this black car would be rather difficult to miss... AND BY THE WAY, the gentleman is usually in quite a rush...

JUST FOR THE TASTE OF IT... DIET COKE! ! ! AHHHHHH!

Hobby & G. Goblin teamed up in the alternate universe during the Spider Wars anyway!

if you need anymore reason that HG is better than GG check out this episode of Spiderman TAS...

it's called Goblin War.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1580629JAfK3AD2?searchId=4601209157813810037&rank=11

PS. we seem to be down to our last diet coke... a gentleman is on his way to pick some up...just look for a black car! NO, this black car would be rather difficult to miss... AND BY THE WAY, the gentleman is usually in quite a rush...

JUST FOR THE TASTE OF IT... DIET COKE! ! ! AHHHHHH!

I am confused at how this helps your point.
GG wins in the end of this.

Green Goblin, since he knows Spider-Man identity.

what if all the Hobby's got together... THEY COULD & would destroy G. Goblin.

NORMAN is too much of a lex luthor, lamont cranston, bruce wayne type rich boy anyway@!

what if all the Hobby's got together... THEY COULD & would destroy G. Goblin.

Right, because we know none of them would stand a chance against him one on one in a fair fight. Why? Because Norman PWNS the lot of them :)

NORMAN is too much of a lex luthor, lamont cranston, bruce wayne type rich boy anyway@!

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Just because Norman is rich that means he's like Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor? LOL! Why don't you just throw in Tony Stark while you're at it :whatever:

They're both cool. I like the Hobgoblin's look better; although the GG has the better story/dynamic with Parker.

I say Green Goblin is better. Character just is more interesting...But Roger Sterns Hobgoblin is best of the non-classic villains.

I must follow the mainstream here and say Green Goblin by far. He just has a more personal dynamic with Peter that nobody else does.

1. He's original, using his own inventions.

2. He's the first villain to ever find out Spidey's identity and he's put that information to great use. Since that time he's inflicted almost every hurt conceivable to Peter. In the span of years, he's captured him repeatedly, killed his first love, returned from the dead (not a major feat admittedly:cwink:), stole his only baby (though this is debatable), tried to turn him into an ally through psychological warfare, turned his world upside down and inside out by making him think he's a genetic creation, not a human at all, and subsequently killed the actual clone too (with whom Pete had developed a special relationship), faked aunt May's death and who knows what else I'm forgetting at the moment.

3. His son and Peter's closest friend (at least at that time) was affected by his legacy and spawned a new wave of torments for Spidey.

I could continue, but I don't think i have to. Hobby had this whole "who's the man behind the mask" going for him, but after that he became quite generic, a face among countless mob bosses and henchmen. Entertaining at times but nowhere close Norman's level.

And Venom? Take his coolness factor out and the guy's small league. Not only are his motivations really weak (SM3 actually improved that) but he's never done anything remotely important. They did try to present him as gravely dangerous (having Pete be afraid of him) and for a time he was kinda successful as the ultimate manifestation of the symbiote as an enemy, but bottomline, the readers never witnessed anything truly evil or twisted coming from him. Entertaining villain, cool antithesis with Spidey (same powers and all) but ultimately nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"