How are you enjoying Season 8?

Discussion in 'Game of Thrones' started by a user, May 13, 2019.

?

Thoughts on Season 8?

1. Loving it.

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. Liking it.

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Feeling disappointed.

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  4. Hating it.

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  5. Haven't watched yet.

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. 8ulk87 Winter is Coming

Well i agree with you but i will give the people who disliked the 8th season some slack.

GOT is a WW phenomenon and people loved it passionately.

Its the n1 series for many people so i see how they could feel betrayed.

But still i think some overreacted.

ludovica likes this.
  2. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

I don't hate them, but I do think that they started the drop off in quality in season 5 (what they did with Sansa there is one of the worst things in the show in my view), not in this season, and both season 7 and 8 have been way too rushed and really felt differently written than before.

3. legendkillin Registered

It was okay season, nothing wowed me though. Maybe its because I never fully loved GoT I enjoyed it and watched episodes in a one and done way. Now Spartacus when it was on Starz that show had me excited many times towards its end.

TheVileOne likes this.
  4. TheVileOne Registered

Here here. I also love Spartacus, and I felt it had a much stronger and more logical ending.

I don't have as much of an emotional connection to this show and these characters. I never did. I watch this show more as an observer and to know what everyone else was talking about.

I think all the visuals and aesthetics of this show are second to none. The acting is clearly high quality. It's the writing I tend to find very bad, Michael Bay level.

legendkillin likes this.
  5. Fist of Khonshu Registered

If there was a poll option between "like" and "disappointed" that includes both, that would be my vote.

Some things worked for me, others didn't. Overall, I still enjoyed the ride, while realizing that it was a far cry from the quality of its beginning and how it could have (and should have) concluded if only:

1) GRRM had finished the book series, or worked harder to furnish D&D with something more substantial to work from, instead of pursuing numerous distractions away from ASOIAF.
    2) D&D had truly been focused and interested in finishing it, instead of looking forward to Confederate.
    3) the final two seasons had been standard length to allow the major story arcs and themes to develop and conclude properly and believably.
    4) they had recruited superior and more competent writing assistance, preferably from GRRM himself.

#80 Fist of Khonshu, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  6. x-er Registered

i agree, plus cersei feeding misandei to the lions

7. Lip Registered

In my eyes, D&D proved to be fantastic producers. Game of Thrones is fantastic in almost every level: the costumes, the make up, the hair, the visual effects, cinematography, direction, production design.

But they failed as writers and storytellers. That's just my opinion.

8. Filmfreak Registered

That's exactly how I feel. Ever since season 6 the show took a downfall for me, with season 8 being basically the last straw. In the last three episodes people are saying what some of us have been saying for the last few years. So the suddenly shocked fanbase and the internet delirium is one of the few things I was able to enjoy this season. :p

OutOfBoose likes this.
  9. jonny snow Registered

after watching all seasons and the ending is like that? my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

10. uncletyrion Registered

In my opinion, this is an overreaction. I believe HBO is on track to making another hit series, based on Martin's other work, Fire & Blood, Volume 1. I think GOT prequel is going to be a hit. It HAS to be from a HBO business perspective.

#85 uncletyrion, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021