The Dark Knight How awesome was Two-Face's face?

Loved Two Face's look. Absolutely horrifying.

The audience at the premier I attended gasped in horror when he was revealed. Awesome.

My audience did too. One woman even left the theater with a grossed out look on her face! She never came back... :wow:

I absolutely LOVED Two-face's appearance in TDK. IMO, I thought it was perfect...

Was it over the top? Absoutely. But I definately prefer it over a more realistic interpretation.

IMO, that would've been quite boring.

My audience did too. One woman even left the theater with a grossed out look on her face! She never came back... :wow:
Something similar happened at one of the showing I went to. I man, his wife, and their kid left after he was revealed, it disturbed the mom and child.

LOL :oldrazz:

I also loved Two-Face's look. That's why I'm so sad he died. I REALLY wanted him to be the main villain in the next movie.

Well if theres spoiler tags on them, whats the problem with posting them? Im just trying to prove a point to this kid about the similarities between a third degree burn and Two-Face's look in TDK, and how they're pretty much the same.

It happens in every thread. Gross! :yay:

Are you sure she wasn't sitting behind you...? :dry:

Two-Face's look is probably as realistic and as close to the comics as you can get while still maintaining a PG-13 rating... It's not too plausible to demand 100% realism from the movie.

What can I say, he had the bulging eye. It was terrific. It was a perfect compromise of reality, and comic book aesthetics. I just wish everything was executed that well, looks wise.

I can't believe people were that disgusted. Soft-stomachs. I felt it was tamer than I expected.

I loved it. People gasped in horror when it was revealed, but I was gasping in joy.:brucebat::grin:

Incredible. ****ing incredible.
When he turned his head.....I was just stunned. And it filled me with feelings of horror and a vague feeling of absolute delight, that only was allowed to really come out when the film was over. 'Cause Face, he was no laughing matter in this flick. Come to think of it, along with Mr Freeze, Two-Face is the most humourless, somber Batman villain. (And he was ****ing CACKLING in Batman Forever -- Never mind that horse**** anymore though) and I am glad his arc was completed. This guy, you just can't see robbing banks with identical twins and a two-toned car.

Two-Face was perfect in this film. His look was amazing although it still took me a while to swallow since Nolan has conformed to realism.

It may stretch the boundaries of Nolan's established aesthetics and paradigms but I am happy to let that slide based on the stunning performance from Eckhart.

Also how the hell has Lee Jone's Two-Face entered this discussion? In no way is his purple face painted mockery of a classic Bat-Villain any where near the caliber of this one. It even looked bad in 1995.

Googled it. Found this.
people_on_fire_2sfw.jpg

My friend said he looked like the terminator:

term-1.jpg

I tried to explain to him that its basicly the same thing. Half the terminators face burned off and under neath he had a robot skull. Dents face had a human skull.

He said it still looked like the Terminator.

He does look a bit like the Terminator. I thought the same thing.

Terminator might have taken some ideas from Two-Face.

Yeah his face looked good, very nasty, for some reason I kept expecting his eye to fall out

Two-Face was awesome. The look, the arc, the performance from Echart. It TIES with Ledger's Joker as my favorite thing about this movie. The look was horrifying and nasty (that gets a gasp when you first see it on opening night from the entire audience), but not so much that you look away to avoid puking. It is gross and ghastily, but not stomach churning so.

As for the look, well the idea of Two-Face is silly. The man would get infections all over that open wound if it hasn't been fixed (which they would do without his permissiion after they realized he was insane) and die within a matter of days. And you're right he wouldn't be able to talk and his left eye would go blind within hours and shrivel up in days as well.

BUT THIS IS A COMIC BOOOK MOVIE. Nolan did not intend this to be real life or taken as something that can happen, he just grounds it in so much realism and reality you accept the fantastical things as possible in a setting that is our world. Because the Joker and especially Batman re pretty unrealistic too.

Yeah, he did look awesome though. I was worried when the leaked pictures came out, it looked terrible. But it looked awesome in action.

I liked the hole through his nose. Just the little details.

my fav. part of the look, was that his cheek bones were showing through his burnt skin, that was awesome. two face was stylized but I think that's just the director's indulgence with the character, i'm sure nolan couldn't resist to give us a bad ass looking two face, and thank god he did, two face was bad ass.

Google "third degree burn" and you'll see what I mean.

I have had third-degree burns over a significant portion of my body since I was two years old. I don't have to Google anything: You don't know what you are talking about.

I didn't like the TDK Two-Face but it was most definitely better than Batman Forever

Two Face was awesome and looked great. Much better than the crap we got in Batman Forever.

Two Face was done well, but they didn't do him perfectly by any means, they left out quite a few aspects of his character I would have liked to see.

For starters, it didn't even look like he had a split personality. It seemed like he was still Harvey, he just wanted revenge. That was disappointing to me. And while they showed his obsession with duality a bit, they didn't show how important it was to him. We never got the sense that he would go nuts if he didn't have his coin. I definitely thought there was much more they could have explored with his character.

And I'd say the look was average. It just went too far, it was very unrealistic. A man with a burn that severe would be dead. Not only that, it seemed a bit cartoony that he could still move his eye, and that his eye was undamaged except for his eyelid being burned away. It was just a little too far, seeing those strands of muscle move when he talked reminded me of the mummy.

I didn't think it was horrible though. I liked it more then Forever, I just thought they went too extreme. I want something in the middle between what we got, and how Mel Gibson's face looked in "The Man Without A Face"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"