How did Wolverine's claws get through his adamantium coated rib cage?

Leon's got a point. Actually it looked to me like Logans claws were supposed to go through his shoulder, in which case there wouldn't have been spaces. But the scene was thematically correct, even if it wasn't logical. Logan was about to sacrifice himself more than that...

wow the things I dont think about while Im watching movies....excellent point.

You see, the ribcage is not a solid thing, it has spaces in between ribs for expansion and contraction and the like. It seems to me like the claws went through the spaces inbetween each rib.

Originally posted by Cyclops
You see, the ribcage is not a solid thing, it has spaces in between ribs for expansion and contraction and the like. It seems to me like the claws went through the spaces inbetween each rib.

Yep pics of spaces

:confused: When did Wolverine stab himself with his own claws?

When they were all wrapped up in metal at the top of the Statue of Liberty.

And the thing that bothers me about that scene isn't how they went though his rib cage, it's how they came out of his hands.

See his wrists were bent of the time, so his claws either, would not move at all, or they would pop out the top of his wrist instead of inbetween his knuckles, which I think is a bological impossiblity for him, though I can't say for sure.

I thought the claws were attatched to his knuckles, so that Wolverine would still be able to bend his wrist when he had them out.

?

I'll have to check out this scene again to see if we actually see how his wrists are aligned when he detracts them..

-TNC

Originally posted by Jeanne
I thought the claws were attatched to his knuckles, so that Wolverine would still be able to bend his wrist when he had them out.

?

If that were the case then were would they go when they retract? There's no space in the hand to house the length of the claws. The claws reside in his forearms and pop out right before his knuckles when he wills them to (or in the movie's case in between the knuckles)

Originally posted by pejo
Umm...the spaces between ribs, maybe?

yeah, that might be how:D....LMAO!!! Sorry, but that was too funny, the question and that reply:D Whew...you make my night, thanks:)

Originally posted by Endeavor
If that were the case then were would they go when they retract? There's no space in the hand to house the length of the claws. The claws reside in his forearms and pop out right before his knuckles when he wills them to (or in the movie's case in between the knuckles)

That's the 'Marvel' of comics and fictional characters...don't read so much into it, but enjoy it:)

What do you mean? I'm not "reading" into anything. This is an established fact (fictional as it may be) that has been put down on paper.

What do you mean? I'm not "reading" into anything. This is an established fact (fictional as it may be) that has been put down on paper.

Ok...calm down:) my point was, it is fictional and I don't think they were thinking ppl would take it 'so' seriously and technical when they made Wolvie with his claws, but thought ppl would be like....Damn, he is kick ass!! Did not mean to upset you....Really:)

I... was not... upset. Just because I have a question mark in my post people assume I'm upset.

I figured you didn't know that what I said was established comics cannon, that's all.

I... was not... upset. Just because I have a question mark in my post people assume I'm upset.

I figured you didn't know that what I said was established comics cannon, that's all.

Actually it was the ''" that made me think you were upset...lol, but yeah I knew it was from Comic cannon (a bit of a collector)....just overlooked it, cause Logan's just so hot...:wolverine so I forgive them;) (I can even forgive the X-men movies for all their boo-boo's:D I'm a forgiving person....though still a tad upset over Storm not having blue eyes) but I digress:)

:rolleyes: I knew someone was going to ask that! :)

I figured they retracted backwards into his arms, but the actual join was on his knuckles. But to be honest, there isn't really any room for those things anywhere.

Yeah they way his wrists are bent in that scene also bothered me--his claws aren't going to bend on the way out.

AFTER his claws have come out, then he can bend his fist at the wrists and the claws will be fine. But if he bends his wrist down or up before they come out, the claws will come out of his wrist or out of his palm, respectively.

As to the suggestion that the claws passed in the spaces between the ribs, this of course occured to me. But the problem is that even if it just so happens that all 3 claws get thru a space instead of jamming against a rib upon both entry and exit (which is unlikely), the only way they can get thru is sideways, and the way they come out of his back is not like that. Also, even if they made it thru the ribs, how would they make it past his adamanitum coated shoulder blades?

Here's another question I had while I was watching X-Men 1.5 last night...

"Everyone get out of here."
"Why?"
"Because I can't move."

Isn't Wolverine's JAW laced with adamantium, too? How would he be able to warn them?

1) you don't have to move your jaw to talk.
2) Just because Magneto kept his arms and legs from moving doesn't mean he did the same for his jaws.

i never thought about this before, and i really don't think i'm going to think about it now. haha, 3:00 in the morning does funny things to me.

I'd say Adamantium can bend but not break. I.e., in the train and in the mutation machine, Magneto bends Wolverine's claws. This probably causes great internal damage, but later they snap right back into normal positions. So, maybe Wolvie has an adamantium 'hideyhole' in his hands which keep the claws from poking out of his palms or wrist or anything.

:wolverine His Ribs Aren't completely covered. They are only laced onto the bones, so his claws could easily pass through his ribs. Believe me, I know everything about wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"