Superman Returns How Do You Feel About Singer NOW Thread

Alonsovich said:
How did I get wrong the quote? As far as I remember Singer DID say this, which is what I posted and you also posted it:

"No, this is not an origin story. It actually puts the origin, the earlier films into a kind of, uh, the best way I can describe it is “vague history."

"It's not an origin story. It actually puts the origin of the earlier films into a kind of, the best way I can describe it, a vague history..."

Excuse me... Where does Singer say this is NOT a sequel? Because last I checked, any film that follows vaguely or not earlier films is nothing more that a sequel... and anything that the director or the screenwriter to make it seem awesome and all that bullcrap is nothing more that that... bullcrap. I repeat: show me one single quote by Singer where he says textually that this is not a sequel. Stop having blind faith and kissing Singer and WB's asses...

Where does Singer say THIS IS as sequel??????????

Stop assuming things based on some 'insiders' reports...

Sverdlovski said:
Where does Singer say THIS IS as sequel??????????

Stop assuming things based on some 'insiders' reports...

Read my post again. Key word: Earlier Films. Those two words are enough. And it's not based on insiders (BTW, S-V is quite reliable I must say...), it's based in Singer's own words. Remember: EARLIER FILMS.

Sverdlovski said:
Ok, if you wanna see that way... your problem... :rolleyes:

If you want to believe everything that someone in the movie buisness says... your problem... :rolleyes:

Pickle-El said:
That's YOUR, Zanos, and MANY others problem.

JUMPING TO FRIGGIN CONCLUSIONS!

Some of THE most close-minded, one-sided, pride-filled fans EVER fill up these boards...and why????

Because you think YOU can come up with a better story and cast. :rolleyes:

Why don't you pitch your idea to WB and bless us with a leave of absence. Thanks.

am not sure how old u are, but u got some tension in you. Stop trying to be Singer's lawyer here. We are just expressing our opinions, so you just have to tolerate it

If you just wanna take the supposed 'bad' parts of what the director says about his idea for a movie, that's your problem... again.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sverdlovski said:
If you just wanna take the supposed 'bad' parts of what the director says about his idea for a movie, that's your problem... again.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for you but I think Singer and WB already have very good lawyers... nice try though... :o

Sverdlovski said:

well, u can't wait for the movie to release to express ur thoughts because than we don't need the Superman forum until it's release. All we can do is express our opinions on the choices that Singer is making. I'm not sure where he is going with Kal Penn's character, that just seems over the top wierd. I like the idea that he isn't doing an orgin story, but if he is just picking off of what Donner is doing, than where is the originality.

I remember him saying that this movie will be similar to the first Batman movie, where Batman was already established as Batman in the city of Gotham City. So, from there i was happy.

but i hear about Kal Penn's casting and Martha Kent being a widow and she saying that it is picking of after Superman 2, than i'm starting to see that Singer is just doing what Donner would have been doing with Superman 3.

Baadshah2 said:
am not sure how old u are, but u got some tension in you. Stop trying to be Singer's lawyer here. We are just expressing our opinions, so you just have to tolerate it

You are basically spamming, trolling, antagonizing, whatever you want to call it. It's the SAME thing. Don't make yourself out to be the victim here.

1.) I'm a little shakey on what Singer has told us so far about the film...Not to pumped about it. Etc.

Or

2.) Singer has NO VISION, his past movies ALL sucked, he can't think outside the box, this is nothing more than a Donner clone-S 2.5, Routh is a horrible actor, Spacey sucks too, howcome they are just copying Superman 1 and 2?? (Not to mention SPiderman 2) THIS MOVIE IS A TRAINWRECK!!! ITS GONNA FAIL...

(see the slight difference in weighing opinions and just dribbling at the mouth?)

well, all i see is u complaining on other people's opinion instead of giving your own

All u say is, "wait for the film to release and than give ur opinion". so, i suggest u leave the forum, and than come back after the film and stop wasting our time :rolleyes:

From IESB.net

Q: Singer has said that this new film will resemble Superman 1 and 2, can you see that?

Kevin Spacey: I think that it will resemble those films but at the same time it won’t. From what I have been told fans of the first films will recognize plenty but this film will also stand alone. Superman has been around way before the films of the 70's and 80's so the world has an understanding of he is. You also have a great TV show that is showing Clark’s younger years and that is shaping up who Superman will eventually become.

A lot of the complaints seem to come from fans who wanted John Byrne's Man Of Steel Miniseries on the big screen and are upset they are not getting it. Because Singer didn't go with what they wanted, he is apparently a no talent hack. Aw, fanboys. :rolleyes:

I fail to see how ANYTHING that we have heard about this movie thus far is as bad as what Tim Burton was going to give us with Superman Lives, or what McG was going to give us with the Kryptonain civil war and completely changing Superman's origin into something that rips off Star Wars Episode One and The Matrix.

Some people should learn to count their blessings. Hollywood could have given us worse.

Baadshah2 said:
well, u can't wait for the movie to release to express ur thoughts because than we don't need the Superman forum until it's release. All we can do is express our opinions on the choices that Singer is making. I'm not sure where he is going with Kal Penn's character, that just seems over the top wierd. I like the idea that he isn't doing an orgin story, but if he is just picking off of what Donner is doing, than where is the originality.

I remember him saying that this movie will be similar to the first Batman movie, where Batman was already established as Batman in the city of Gotham City. So, from there i was happy.

but i hear about Kal Penn's casting and Martha Kent being a widow and she saying that it is picking of after Superman 2, than i'm starting to see that Singer is just doing what Donner would have been doing with Superman 3.

Well let's see, Saint isn't the director, nor has she read the script, so I doubt she really knows anything besides the fact, that her Ma Kent is a widow and Pa Kent is dead.

but maybe she heard it from Singer, like a brief descriptino of the plot, if so, why would she say that than????

From IESB.net

Q: Singer has said that this new film will resemble Superman 1 and 2, can you see that?

Kevin Spacey: I think that it will resemble those films but at the same time it won’t. From what I have been told fans of the first films will recognize plenty but this film will also stand alone. Superman has been around way before the films of the 70's and 80's so the world has an understanding of he is. You also have a great TV show that is showing Clark’s younger years and that is shaping up who Superman will eventually become.

Alonsovich said:
How did I get wrong the quote? As far as I remember Singer DID say this, which is what I posted and you also posted it:

"No, this is not an origin story. It actually puts the origin, the earlier films into a kind of, uh, the best way I can describe it is “vague history."

Key word: Earlier Films.

Excuse me... Where does Singer say this is NOT a sequel? Because last I checked, any film that follows vaguely or not earlier films is nothing more that a sequel... and anything that the director or the screenwriter to make it seem awesome and all that bullcrap is nothing more that that... bullcrap. I repeat: show me one single quote by Singer where he says textually that this is not a sequel. Stop having blind faith and kissing Singer and WB's asses...

The following supports the evidence towards a sequel direction and I quote:

Eva Marie Saint Talks About Superman
Source: Robert February 5, 2005

IESB.net caught up with Eva Marie Saint this weekend and asked about her playing Martha Kent in Bryan Singer's upcoming Superman movie. Here are several clips:

Eva said her shoot will be in March and will last for approximately 3 weeks. We can only assume then that the first few scenes must be shot on the Kent farm.

She also acknowledged that she is playing a widow. She is playing the same Martha Kent character that was married to Glenn Fords character, Pa Kent in the first film. This storyline will continue from where Superman 2 left off as previously reported.

1-She's playing a widow (Donner continuity)

2-This storyline will continue from where Superman 2 left off as previously reported.

So I guess this is a sequel AKA Superman III. If they chose to use the "vague history continuity" crap and ignore important details and storylines this could very well be another "Tarzan and the Lost City".

Vague history means that you don't have to watch STM or SII to understand SR... they assume you know who Superman is, he flies etc... they'll start from there. According to Bryan Singer himself, the best analogy would be Batman 89 when Batman is already a known figure in Gotham City.

Someone at The Planet made an analogy with El Mariachi and Desperado, and I think it's great.

ya true, i can see that. But, i saw both El Mariachi and Desperado, and i saw Desperado first, and that movie didn't quite tell the story right, because all the story was in the El Mariachi movie. It doesn't help with a vague history, because that is like say that you have to see STM and SII to understand the vague history they are telling, especially if Zod is in the film. Why even have Zod, oh why Singer????

Baadshah2 said:
ya true, i can see that. But, i saw both El Mariachi and Desperado, and i saw Desperado first, and that movie didn't quite tell the story right, because all the story was in the El Mariachi movie. It doesn't help with a vague history, because that is like say that you have to see STM and SII to understand the vague history they are telling, especially if Zod is in the film. Why even have Zod, oh why Singer????
Who said Zod is in it...?

bringing back Zod is a blatant lack of originality, no one is gona make me think other wise...

but, it's already confirmed though in a way by everyone, Zod will be used in the film one way or the other. Either in flashback sequences or something

I dont mind him not being in this movie.... I have always believed that the best thing would be to give Superman emotional battles at first..... then in the next films build up the physical battles.... ZOD, METALLO... whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"