Venom How do you feel about Venom's look/voice?

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Pennywise, Apr 24, 2018.

?

How do you feel about the look/voice

1. Love it!

2. Hate it!

3. CGI needs more work before it can be judged.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Pennywise Registered

The voice gives me Tony Todd vibes, even though it most likely is Tom Hardy's voice modulated!

2. I'm Old Greg do you love me?

3. A R E S Registered

Yeah, fan-made is Venom. Original while good, looks a bit too much like a venomized Spawn (the eyes).

4. Nathan Registered

Fan-made is awesome.

5. SM71 bending unit

Look and voice are both amazing

And I think we may be seeing something close/similar to that fan-made image ^ at some point(s) throughout the movie. They eyes definitely move and emote like Deadpools, and I wouldn't be surprised if the mouth opens wider at certain points too

Also, what we saw is probably VERY early CGI. We still have 6 months until release! Which will probably consist mostly of CGI work. This bodes extremely well to me, because I personally think the CGI already looks fantastic

Can't wait!

6. WarriorDreamer Registered

I think it's all great over-all.

7. Pennywise Registered

8. Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

I'm late to the party but my brother pointed out the other day that Hardy sounds like Bobby Boucher in the trailer and now I can't unhear it.

9. ehh iono

I like the look (except for the lack of the white spider emblem) and the voice is pretty neat. I can give the movie props in those departments for the time being.

10. Aximili86 Registered

Man I hate how the ultra-beastial, gigantic, slobbering-tongue-and-tendrils-constantly-wriggling-everywhere Venom has kind of become the standard, t he go-to everyone thinks of when they think "Venom".

The original McFarlane look is so much scarier & cool. Big, but human-size-big. Hemsworth size, without the gigantic head-splits-in-half jaw and mutant-Gene-Simmons tongue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I mean, as far as the other more current take on Venom goes, the movie design seems fine. *Shrugs* Faithful to this interpretation of it, for sure.

11. SM71 bending unit

I kinda agree, I really like the original look. It's just plain creepy. But it's kinda hard to argue that these vvv don't look awesome too

12. Aximili86 Registered

It's definitely a fine representation of the more modern style Venom, absolutely. I have no issue with either this or Raimi's take, both look fine.

I dunno, just kinda feel like that McFarlane original gets zero love.

13. ehh iono

The design is the least of this movie's problems.

14. SM71 bending unit

:whatever:

Other than the infinitely repeated "It's not officially connected to the MCU / Spider-man isn't in the origin" what are the plethora of this movie's problems?

Not saying it's going to be great, but:

-Great director
    -Great cinematographer
    -Great composer
    -Great lead actor
    -Great lead actress
    -Great entire overall cast
    -Great character design/execution
    -Great first official trailer (hard to debate, it was generally extremely well received)

If it's just the first two tired complaints again (which I definitely do understand, but at some point people need to accept it or move on), it's hard to say this movie has a ton of problems. I'm not saying it will be, but this movie definitely has a chance to be awesome if people will just chill out about the same old few things, take off their (rightfully earned) MCU glasses, and just see what this has to offer. There will be plenty of opportunities to crush and destroy this movie/franchise if it ends up garbage

15. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

I found the trailer to be largely mediocre. The last shot of Venom is good, but the fact that it spent most of the time showing us Tom Hardy fighting people with flailing tendrils and flying through the air on a motorcycle..... meh. Not a great trailer in my opinion and I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that it was extremely well-received. I'm not saying that most people agree with me, but I didn't see it exactly catch the internet on fire.

Not to mention that, as a huge Spider-man fan, it's a pretty huge problem that Spider-man is apparently not a part of this origin. I can't just easily brush that off. If it ends up being a great movie I can maybe come to terms with it but at the moment..... I can't say I'm on board.

#40 Flint Marko, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  16. ironwez20 Registered

Sorry but like I e been saying and so has everyone else Sony let us down many times so it’s ok to be skeptical. We had a great director and cst for asm series and look where we are now. Has nothing to do with the MCU it’s cause Sony is just a terrible company who has let us down multiple times in the past.

17. ironwez20 Registered

Agreed. While venom looks amazing we don’t know how much we’ll see of him. Most of the trailer was Tom hardy fighting with his tendrils. What if that venom scene isn’t in the movie? We don’t know til the movie comes out but right now it’s ok to be skeptical

18. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Could have been a lot worse. Especially with Sony and Pascal anywhere near it.

19. ironwez20 Registered

Plus avi arad is the producer and he ruined spidey 3 and asm franchise to soooo yea. Like I said it good to be a bit skeptical.

20. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

Not to mention Matt Tolmach as well.

21. ehh iono

Oy vey. Yes, please roll your eyes at me. So productive.

The criticisms of this film not connecting to Spider-Man or the MCU are valid. On top of that, as previous posters in the thread mentioned, Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing, which is a bad sign. You can have a good cast, but that has nothing to do with the movie being good or not.

22. ironwez20 Registered

Avi arad pushed for venom in spiderman 3 and resulted in a bad movie, also was a producer for the amazing franchise. So anything done by him should be considered so so. Like I said. Venom looks amazing but I’m still on edge. I agree with people who don’t just fall for it right away just cause they showed a couple seconds of venom.

23. SM71 bending unit

Uh, just like you're post was productive?

But seriously, Spider-man is on loan from Sony to Marvel. I don't know why people are so surprised that this Venom movie isn't right out of the gate 100% connected to the MCU? It could still happen down the line if it ends up successful (Sony still owns Spider-man and Marvel would love to bring in a great, successful villain - something they're short on), but I had 0 misgivings about this being an MCU film or not

And as far as Arad and Pascal and Tolmach are concerned, I definitely can understand people's reservations. However, as much as people wana crucify Arad for the SM3 fiasco, and as much as I absolutely love/praise Sam Raimi, I would not put the blame of Venom's handling on Arad. He pushed for the characters inclusion, yes, but he didn't butcher and fail epically with the execution. I love Raimi to death, and for giving us SM1&2, but that was mostly on him. Now I'm not 'blaming' Raimi, because he was forced to use a character he didn't like/understand/want to, but the sentiment that Avi Arad screwed up Venom the first time around is a little off-base imo

24. SM71 bending unit

SM3 actually could have been a great movie. Look at its incredible trailer to see that. There's actually a lot I like in there. There's just a bunch of things I really hate in there unfortunately as well. The Flint Marko-Uncle Ben retcon, the emo Peter dancing/punching MJ, the little kid taking pictures in the crowd while the big, intense, dangerous and dramatic final battle was going on -- that's what made the movie bad. It's almost like Raimi's sub-conscious was trying to sabotage the movie because he didn't 100% believe in it. Which again, I don't blame him for

And honestly, the core idea and storyline of SM3 was much better than what Raimi's initial ideas were for it imo. So I don't think the executive decisions regarding SM3 were necessarily all that bad... It was primarily in the execution

25. ironwez20 Registered

Nah Sony pushed for a film raimi didn’t want so raimi pretty much was behind the scenes for this one. 1 and 2 are great movies cause they gave raimi full control. Sony stepped in with three and pushed for venom which raimi didn’t want so the movie turned out bad. Anytime Sony steps in it’s a problem.