How do you find a complete stranger? (TDKR related kinda)

Ghostooze

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok this is going to sound a little silly, maybe stupid even. But I'm going to give it a shot.
I remember a story (I think it was NYC) where this guy wanted to talk to a girl on the subway but didn't get the chance to, so he went to the internet, and drew pictures, and eventually he did find her. So now, I'm currently in a similar situation.

I have very little to go on here. But I sat next to a girl I wish I talked to. Why? Because to the best of my knowledge we were both seeing TDKR at midnight, alone...and sitting next to each other. I usually go to the movies alone because it is easier to find one empty seat than two, three, or four. What really caught my attention about her? Is that she was a very enthusiastic moviegoer. Very into the movie, clapping, laughing. But not annoying about it at all. And I've been next to annoying enthusiastic moviegoers. So the movie ended and the people to both of our sides left, and she didn't go with either, so I'm taking a pretty big assumption in thinking she was there by herself.
What are the odds that two people going to a midnight show alone would end up sitting next to each other?

As the credits were rolling, I couldn't think of anything to say without sounding creepy or like a jerk, so sadly I walked away. I was never good at these things, obviously. So I went to the bathroom, and I guess what I thought of the perfect ice-breaker to start up a convo, 10 minutes after the fact. So I went back to the theater and she was gone. ....uuughhhh

All the info I have is this:
-the theater was Garden State 16 in Paramus, NJ
-the show in theater #5 at 12:05am
-we sat in the 2nd or third row (can't remember which), not in the very very front under the screen, the first rows near the main walkway.
-she was kinda small, 5'ft sounds even a bit too high, with blonde hair, and a white-ish shirt
-and she was a reading book to pass the time. Don't know which book, but I think this means she was there a while to make sure she got a good seat.

So there's my sappy story. How would you go about finding this person?
Think this will have a happy ending?

Last edited:
Post everything about her on 4 cent garbage. They'll find her. Define happy ending.

There's always the missed connections on personal ads :p

Just let it go and save it in your "forever alone" file. Be happy knowing that in an alternate universe, you did talk to her.

So, you thought it'd be creepy to talk to someone yer sitting next to in a movie theater....but its not creepy to track them down online to talk to them?

either way, good luck!

So, you thought it'd be creepy to talk to someone yer sitting next to in a movie theater....but its not creepy to track them down online to talk to them?

either way, good luck!

It's kinda of funny, something like what I'm trying to do maybe 10 years ago most would see it as romantic, but these days it comes off as "stalking". A great society we live in today.

There's always the missed connections on personal ads :p

This, the only option. I have no idea if it works. There should be a section in your free local rag paper. Folks post missed opportunities all the time, not as much as they use to since the internet, I think.

This, the only option. I have no idea if it works. There should be a section in your free local rag paper. Folks post missed opportunities all the time, not as much as they use to since the internet, I think.

But this is my missed opportunity, not hers. She wouldn't be looking in a section like that...

There is a "missed encounters" section on Craigs list.

But this is my missed opportunity, not hers. She wouldn't be looking in a section like that...
Pretty much the only thing I think you can do.

Let this be a lesson to you. You only live once and you better take advantage of every opportunity you have. Because saying "what if?" is a very miserable way to live.

There is a "missed encounters" section on Craigs list.

Worth a try I guess.

I thought about asking the theater, I'm wondering if she is a regular at the theater if she knew to get to this midnight show way early, and to bring a book. Problem is, its a very high densely populated area, might be more difficult than finding a needle in a haystack. That might be my best option.

There's Reddit. They love solving mysteries there. Though be warned, your experience may vary. Most of them are good people who would love to help. Most.

There's Reddit. They love solving mysteries there. Though be warned, your experience may vary. Most of them are good people who would love to help. Most.

Reddit is full of juvenile, filthy-minded perverts. Go to /b/, they'll find your gal. They saved millions from ingesting contaminated lettuce from Burger King.

Aw man that sucks! You should have just asked her what she thought of the film!!!!

Sorry to hear the "lost opportunity". They always suck! It just builds your character though in the sense that you realize you just have to make that jump.

I hope you mange to find her! Wish you all the best bud. Just know that if it's meant to happen it'll work itself out. Maybe you'll run into her again at the theater.

Aw man that sucks! You should have just asked her what she thought of the film!!!!

Sorry to hear the "lost opportunity". They always suck! It just builds your character though in the sense that you realize you just have to make that jump.

I hope you mange to find her! Wish you all the best bud. Just know that if it's meant to happen it'll work itself out. Maybe you'll run into her again at the theater.

I think thats my best chance. What are the odds I'll find a website we both visit so she'll see my message.
I'll have to save up and see alot of movies now...

Ok this is going to sound a little silly, maybe stupid even. But I'm going to give it a shot.
I remember a story (I think it was NYC) where this guy wanted to talk to a girl on the subway but didn't get the chance to, so he went to the internet, and drew pictures, and eventually he did find her. So now, I'm currently in a similar situation.

I have very little to go on here. But I sat next to a girl I wish I talked to. Why? Because to the best of my knowledge we were both seeing TDKR at midnight, alone...and sitting next to each other. I usually go to the movies alone because it is easier to find one empty seat than two, three, or four. What really caught my attention about her? Is that she was a very enthusiastic moviegoer. Very into the movie, clapping, laughing. But not annoying about it at all. And I've been next to annoying enthusiastic moviegoers. So the movie ended and the people to both of our sides left, and she didn't go with either, so I'm taking a pretty big assumption in thinking she was there by herself.
What are the odds that two people going to a midnight show alone would end up sitting next to each other?

As the credits were rolling, I couldn't think of anything to say without sounding creepy or like a jerk, so sadly I walked away. I was never good at these things, obviously. So I went to the bathroom, and I guess what I thought of the perfect ice-breaker to start up a convo, 10 minutes after the fact. So I went back to the theater and she was gone. ....uuughhhh

All the info I have is this:
-the theater was Garden State 16 in Paramus, NJ
-the show in theater #5 at 12:05am
-we sat in the 2nd or third row (can't remember which), not in the very very front under the screen, the first rows near the main walkway.
-she was kinda small, 5'ft sounds even a bit too high, with blonde hair, and where a white-ish shirt
-and she was a reading book to pass the time. Don't know which book, but I think this means she was there a while to make sure she got a good seat.

So there's my sappy story. How would you go about finding this person?
Think this will have a happy ending?

The way you described her, it seems like if she wanted to talk to you, she would have. Let it go. We've all been there where we wish we would have talked to that someone. Trying to them find isn't romantic nor makes you look like a stalker. It just makes you look desperate.

The way you described her, it seems like if she wanted to talk to you, she would have. Let it go. We've all been there where we wish we would have talked to that someone. Trying to them find isn't romantic nor makes you look like a stalker. It just makes you look desperate.

Unless she was reading Twilight, then she might be in to the stalker type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"