How do you like your steak?

Have any of you been or seen a sushi restaurant that is so fresh, you can select your fish from a fish tank and the sushi chef will clean and slice the fish right then and there for your serving?

I want that for a steak restaurant.

I like my steak like I like my women, well done. :up:

Have any of you been or seen a sushi restaurant that is so fresh, you can select your fish from a fish tank and the sushi chef will clean and slice the fish right then and there for your serving?

I want that for a steak restaurant.

I have a local japanese grill that will let you pick your steak from a group of uncooked steaks and then cook it in front of you.

I'm a huge fan of medium rare (or even rare), but some of you have never had a properly cooked well-done steak in your entire lives, apparently. When properly cooked, a well-done steak should be tender and juicy.

Have Gordon Ramsay's rage-filled tirades taught you nothing?

I'm a huge fan of medium rare (or even rare), but some of you have never had a properly cooked well-done steak in your entire lives, apparently. When properly cooked, a well-done steak should be tender and juicy.

I have never heard of a tender and juicy well done steak. Sounds like a paradox.

Medium Well.

Hi Squirrel.

I like my steak well done. That medium rare craze isnt for me :barf:

I have never heard of a tender and juicy well done steak. Sounds like a paradox.
I'm telling you man, it happens. Lower your standards a bit and maybe watch some of the steak challenges on Ramsay's shows like Kitchen Nightmares, or even Master Chef. The winning well-done steaks have *zero* pink in the middle, yet he presses down on them and juices start running out. It's incredible.

My wife only eats well-done steaks, and I've seen this **** first-hand. I didn't believe it either at first. I still prefer my steaks bloody as hell, but I gotta say I was impressed!

From what I have seen it is rather hard to cook a juicy well-done steak. I have seen it as well, but is much harder to cook than anything else.

Lol, I find Gordon Ramsay entertaining, but I take his culinary advice with a grain of salt, so to speak.

He's a French-trained British chef; basically two culinary traditions that are based on doing the best you can with poor quality meat. But when it comes to having a nice piece of ribeye in your hands, I'd rather follow the advice of an American Southwestern chef, even a *****ey one like Bobby Flay.

hey now, scottish or irish beef is awesome.

and a juicy, well done steak isn't that hard to do. you just gotta sear it so the juices can't escape, then lower the heat and cook it a bit longer.

but still, blood adds to the flavor.

In all seriousness though, it's not that I dislike French and British food, it's just that the best recipes from those culinary traditions tend to focus on making delicious food from any quality level of meat. A steak-quality cut of meat would be wasted if I took cooking directions from Gordon Ramsay; back to my Godiva-chocolate chip cookie example.

It's like this: technically the Chinese invented sushi, but how many people here would prefer to order their sushi from a Chinese restaurant?

Well done steaks when I was younger, is why I didn't like steaks for the most part until I was order and realize there were other ways to eat it.

Now, just give me a seasoned steak cooked the way I want and it's perfect.

Lol ive heard people order it "Remove the horns, wipe its ass, and send it out to me."

I like my steaks well done.

It's gotta be Well Done. Also I don't tip! And I don't believe in hell so lol.

Last edited:
I had no idea well done steaks were so popular :huh:

I like my steak bleu.

Cook it for 10 seconds on each side.

There's a difference between well done and burnt. People think burnt when they say well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"