How is your relationship with your Father?

I've already stated about my emoness. I will respond to you with a "**** you," though.:up:

cf53b9efca1859051db911d203876f4d.gif

Actually, i don't like pain, so I can't cut myself.

I love my dad...we sometimes have yelling matches over little things but we both never let down until someone stops us...I love him and just b/c we argue doesn't mean we dont have a good father to son relationship...It's great to have a good dad and mom.

when i was a kid, i would say he did about a 2 on a scale of 1-10
1 being the worst of course
10 being the best.

now that i have gotten older, he doesn't really have to be a "dad" per se, but he does give me money sometimes to try and make up for his screw ups in the past, so that has bumped him up to a 7.

if it weren't for the cash though, he would be in the negatives right now.:o

so basically you only like your dad because he gives you money? if he died tomorrow, you would'nt care?

so basically you only like your dad because he gives you money? if he died tomorrow, you would'nt care?
*ghasp*
it's ALWAYS sad when one loses a means for monetary gain!!

i would be sad, yes.
just because someone didn't do a good job at what they're supposed to doesnt' mean you hate them, he's just not a good dad.

*ghasp*
it's ALWAYS sad when one loses a means for monetary gain!!

i would be sad, yes.
just because someone didn't do a good job at what they're supposed to doesnt' mean you hate them, he's just not a good dad.

would you have had prefered another father figure.

I don't think anyone could have done a better job. I've got the best dad in the world.

It's funny, I was just thinking of this recently. My dad was diagnosed with MS a few years ago, and although he's not bound to a wheelchair, there are things like playing catch that we can't do anymore. I played baseball when I was a kid, and my dad was my coach for 8 of the 9 years, so it's pretty important to me.

But other than that, watching movies with him is probably the thing I enjoy the most.

My Dad walked out when I was five and never came back. I think he rates as a pretty crappy Dad. :p

"he's no son,he's no son of mine"-phil collin.

I love it when GAH tries to be serious.

Well I barely speak to my real father but I have a great relationship with my Stepfather who raised me with my Mother.

My dad did the best he could. Unfortunatly he had to work himself too hard to support us. He taught us to be honest, kind and polite. He also tried to make sure we got plenty of exercise (nothing quite like dad getting you out of bed at 5 in the morning to go jogging, let me tell you).

My Dad is a Jerk. We have never really gotten along and aren't really that close. We don't have anyhing in common. My father had always used to put other people first before me and my mum. He never had a good relathionship with his father as his parents divorced when he was a teenager. His parents pretty much left him to raise himself and his younger brothers. One of them died and the other one got taken into care. He never really got over that so thats probabley why are relathionship never really worked out.

My Biological father died in '91. I met him four times, the last time a couple of weeks before he passed away. He cheated on my mom and she kicked him out. He moved to Edmonton and only recently have I learned about him from my cousins and some other relatives who knew him.

I have a step-father and he has been my Dad and continues to teach me so much about life. Although I would have liked to have known my real dad more, I have been blessed in that my Step-dad has taught me about being a "father" and a "dad."

No, I've never had a good relationship with him.
It's funny how somebody can have such an influence on how you are as a person, yet I hardly know the man. I don't think I hate him anymore...I just pity him. He's a sad old man who pissed away his life, and everything in it.

It kind of hurts that I'll never have a relationship with him, and he'll probably die soon, the way he's always carried on. He's had too many close calls already. I know one day I'll get a phone call and that'll be it. I think I've been trying to prepearing myself emotionally for it. Especially now, the age I'm at, I'm finding myself wishing I had some sort of guidance, or advice of some sort.

and I know I can't get that from either of my parents. It kind of makes me sad, but life isn't fair, and you just deal with the hands it's given you.

I have a great relationship with my father, we get along just fine :up:

my father is my commanding officer who also used to be my financial support...

I still refer to him as sir, we don't talk, he asks me questions and i either respond with yes sir, no sir, or perhaps something more specific to the actual question.

it's great.

Me and my dad always got on pretty well. He's a bit loud and rough but I think thats where I get most of my aggressive tendencies from. My parents spilt when I was pretty young, but I still saw him every week, and we got on better when I wasn't living with him.

He pisses me off all the time because he can't manage his money, and if he gives me a hug he always manages to bruise me and doesn't have any patience with my speech problems. At the same time, I wouldn't change him for anything.

In my childhood and into my early 20's, my relationship with Dad wasnt so great. He told me to jump, and I'd ask how high. Out fo nowhere he would criticise me. Praise was scarce, criticism was more common.

Over the past few years, I've been biting his finger off when he jabs it in my face. He even grudgingly admitted that I'm not a little boy anymore. Mom died last May and he has given me alot more space and respect since then. I wouldnt say we are buddies, but a lot fo the hostility is gone.

For better or for worse, he taught me to tough it out. Dont give up just because something is hard. Its a good lesson, I just didnt like the way he taught it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"