How is your relationship with your Father?

The thread has to be mainly for males because thats pretty much the makeup of Hype.

Anywho I'll give another female perspective. I respect my daddy, he taught me a lot of good things and he is the smartest man I know... academically. Part of me will always love him I guess and there is always room for him to apoligize to me sometime before he dies, I don't hold grudges for long so I'm pretty sure I could forgive him.

Truth be told though, he won't ever change so I look at what I just wrote as a "fat chance seniro, because he is a cold controlling person who only cares about himself. I kind of greatly dislike him now and wish I could just shake some humanity into him but alas that can't be done. It makes me incredibly sad that he is that way...and kind of pitty him because deep down inside I think that he is just a very sad person...sigh I suppose one of the big things that pushed me over the edge was him basically not caring when my sister, his daughter, died in 2004 and wanting me not to care. Also the constant bashing of my character didn't help. I'm too damn good, queeky freaken clean! Any sane man would kill to have me as a daughter.

Strained and touchy.

I'll always love him as my father but I have my problems with him as a person. Hes an OCD, histrionic, self-absorbed control freak. Hes also very racist and belligerent, he flies way off the handle over small things. He definitely has anger issues but he won't do anything to resolve them. You can't disagree with him on anything or its somehow a personal attack on him, "you just hate me". He sticks his nose in everyone's business and passes judgement, but god forbid you do the same to him.

Dew k. Mosi said:
I didn't know my dad until I was 17. My parents hadn't married since he was a hippie and wanted to live on a commune. We met when I was at a speech competition in Berkeley, and ever since then we've been good. At first it was awkward, I mean, just calling him Dad seemed weird. But now, he has been in my life longer than he hasn't so it is comfortable. I often wonder if it would have been different if he had been around. Who would I have been if my dad had had a hand in raising me? It's strange though because he and I have similiar personality traits which I obviously inherited though personalities are supposed to be environmental and experiential

Well for a long time in psychiatry nurture was put above nature, and it was generally thought that about 80-90 percent of who you were was because of your enviroment, not your genes. But in recent years the viewpoint on this subject has changed somewhat, and now they think nature has more to do with it than they originally thought.

Yeah....I do some things my dad does apparently.

It makes my mother really angry at me.
And it's not like I picked the habbits up from him either.

I'll do something and she'll be like "OMGAWD DON'T DO THAT, YER FATHER DID THATTT" or, my favorite "you're just like your FATHER!!!"

Man I hate my parents, lol:dry:

Yup, another example, I have a 3rd cousin whose mother(who was my 2nd cousin) died when she was about 3 years old, yet she still acts a LOT like her

bruce.jpg

I never knew my father!

Me either although, I'm not a shark ;)

I'm really close with my dad. Closer than ever. We have alot of the same interests, we talk all the time, etc etc.

My dad and i are more like brothers, i mean i'm at the age now where i have my own family and handle my own responsibilties. So now he enjoys seeing me go through the same stuff he has had to deal with.

when i was little my dad and i were great . we had one of the best daddy-daughter relationships....but the thing is .....as i got older....we've drifted apart....we fight a lot. i don't know what it is...hopefully it is just a phase. i really love my dad. my dad is a really sensitive guy and his temper gets the best of him. he can be controlling and it's like everyday i am disrespecting him more and more. his temper gets out of control and i don't think he realizes how far he goes.....

he is on a business trip and i won't see him till feb for a week then i won't see him till may...maybe this break is what we need.

when i was little my dad and i were great . we had one of the best daddy-daughter relationships....but the thing is .....as i got older....we've drifted apart....we fight a lot. i don't know what it is...hopefully it is just a phase. i really love my dad. my dad is a really sensitive guy and his temper gets the best of him. he can be controlling and it's like everyday i am disrespecting him more and more. his temper gets out of control and i don't think he realizes how far he goes.....

he is on a business trip and i won't see him till feb for a week then i won't see him till may...maybe this break is what we need.

Are you the oldest daughter or the only daughter in your family?

I have a good relationship with my father, even if I only see him for a few hours a week.

^You ever confuse that with a Red Bull and have hijinx ensue?

Overall good. However as a young kid I wished he did more activities (sports and such) with me though. He was more into my life as I entered my teens. Which I suppose is when you need a father the most anyways.

Between the ages of 0-11 is the funtime era. From 12-18 is the time you start to hate the parents. 18+ they become more like associates that have authority over you, but slowly wavers off depending on the relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"