Superman Returns How many lines will Routh have?

Cold2daToucH004

No... Scarecrow
Reaction score
Before people flame me to death and melt me away. Here me out for a second. First, I'm a supporter of this film since day one. Yes, day one. I love the suit, I love the choice of actor (Brandon), and supporting cast is awesome.

I'm a bit afraid though after seeing the teaser, the trailer, then second trailer... then TV spots, then International trailer.

Has anyone noticed the a majority of the spots/trailers are the other actors talking, with just a line or two from Brandon? Why is that? From what I've seen so far, it kinda seems like the supporting cast will be the lead.

What do you guys make of this?

Maybe scenes involving his dialogue give away some of the plot which it seems they are avoiding to do in the trailers.

Just chill on it and see. He could be the surprise of the film in terms of performance and being held back mostly to see on film.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
considering hes superman...alot.

:)
You'd figure that, but from what I've seen in the trailers/teasers/spots... it doesn't seem like that. The shots we see him acting in he looks great. But we don't get any dialogue other then 'Hello'.

Cold2daToucH004 said:
Before people flame me to death and melt me away. Here me out for a second. First, I'm a supporter of this film since day one. Yes, day one. I love the suit, I love the choice of actor (Brandon), and supporting cast is awesome.

I'm a bit afraid though after seeing the teaser, the trailer, then second trailer... then TV spots, then International trailer.

Has anyone noticed the a majority of the spots/trailers are the other actors talking, with just a line or two from Brandon? Why is that? From what I've seen so far, it kinda seems like the supporting cast will be the lead.

I would say it is on purpose and they want his acting to speak for itself in the movie.

Cold2daToucH004 said:
You'd figure that, but from what I've seen in the trailers/teasers/spots... it doesn't seem like that. The shots we see him acting in he looks great. But we don't get any dialogue other then 'Hello'.

I think being an unknown they are breaking him in slowly..like they did with Reeve..in the original trailer for the 78 movie..reeve hardly said anything in the trailer.

This movie is Superman, everyone else is secondary.

If youre inquiring as to why theres less Brandon in the trailers, the answer is obvious.

Go watch the trailers for Superman 1....Chris Reeve barely uttered a word but it focused more on the bigname stars like Brando instead of unknowns (to bring in the numbers).

Yeah makes sense I guess.

I'm just nervous and very anxious to see how he does.

Kane said:
This movie is Superman, everyone else is secondary.

If youre inquiring as to why theres less Brandon in the trailers, the answer is obvious.

Go watch the trailers for Superman 1....Chris Reeve barely uttered a word but it focused more on the bigname stars like Brando instead of unknowns (to bring in the numbers).

wow!

i just said the same thing at the same time.:eek:

I think he'll have a couple lines. Maybe, dont know.

I think he'll have a decent amount of dialouge in the movie. I think they're holding if off from the trailers so we can hear some greatl words in the movie.

Cold2daToucH004 said:
Yeah makes sense I guess.

I'm just nervous and very anxious to see how he does.

I can understand why you're nervous. Many of us are, but he might nail it. Seeing as many fans who saw footage at San Diego Comic Con & WonderCon, it has help build confidence in me that he could be fantastic. And I think the reason not much lines of his from the trailers is because he's an unknown. Singer doesn't want people to get too familiar with him till the movie out. :)

Cold2daToucH004 said:

Superman has the main dialog, with posible explanations to some of the thing happening in the movie (spoilers), so they don´t want to give away all the cool stuff

Well.....I figure he'll have a good amount of dialouge. Not like Batman, where you can get away with having him say little to nothing. Superman's gotta talk...

Cold2daToucH004 said:
It's a TRAILER! There are some trailers where NOBODY talks....does that mean it is a silent film?

Yeah, this worries me too. I really WANT to believe in Routh as an actor... I think he does LOOK the part... maybe not quite as much as Reeve but definitely a close second, simply because Reeve's resemblence to the actual comic book drawing is so close it's eerie. But I haven't had any real opportunity to see him act yet except for a few quick moments of dialogue. Some of his facial expressions we see look intense, but even those are really fast. But yeah, i may just be because he's an unknown and they have to gradually ween everyone off of Christopher Reeve or... ugh... Tom Welling.

They're clearly holding him back so we see Superman. I have yet to see anything that convinces me he can act that well, though I'm almost positive he can, at least as Clark Kent and Superman.

Comic Book Boy said:
It's a TRAILER! There are some trailers where NOBODY talks....does that mean it is a silent film?
Yes.

Comic Book Boy said:

No it doesn't mean it's a silent film.

My answer was better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"