Sequels How many more movies would you like with >Original Cast<?

Some people here just wants to see a Deadpool film or a X-Men film set in the 80s. But like I said before, X-Men is not MCU. So they should just focus on 1 movie at a time than making the X-Men movie universe bigger by releasing spin-offs and prequels.

they should do what they want to do, and if thats a bigger movie universe, why not? because you dont want to? lol

They can do more movies, its not that all the movies have to reach 500m or something.

No its just my suggestion. You probably don't care if they don't do well at the box-office as long as you get the movie you want.

Not all movies has the potential of reaching 500million or something simply because they aren't appealing to casual viewers. Every X-Men movie that underperformed at the box-office might have an effect to the future X-Men movies, so as long as this franchise hasn't sunk yet to the ground, they should try to save it as soon as possible by trying to appeal to the general audience and giving what they want, instead of trying to be creative by making spin-offs that aren't that appealing compare to the original trilogy.

Most X-Men characters simply can't hold an audience on their own. There is a reason why we haven't gotten a Deadpool film but now have 2 Wolverine movies.

There is a reason why we haven't gotten a Deadpool film but now have 2 Wolverine movies.

There are two reasons.

First reason is that Fox and Brian Singer have showed barely any interest about using character leads besides Prof X, Magento and Wolverine. And they run the show. Tons of X-Men can hold an audience, much more so then Prof X and Magneto. If they can make a movie about them and get money they can get money from other X-Men being focused on.

2nd and most important reason for Deadpool's case is the script is a hard R. The producers,writers, director and Reynolds ( all who are still attached) are not budging from that. The studio is catuious of an R movie in the X-Men world, that has been stated by just about everyone associated with that film. Notice how even on the advertising of Marvel's Lego video game Deadpool is front and center with strictly A listers and the only other X-Men is Wolverine? Deadpool appeals to people younger then 17 quiet a bit. Fox doesn't want to take a risk on losing their money.

Last edited:
totally agree with your points.

Other spin-offs can easily be successfull, as long as they dont have a huge budget like x-men team movies.

I mean, Deadpool can easily have a budget of $50m, and end being profitable.

Same with other spin-offs.... its all about a GREAT creative team, including the director, and a great cast.

If the movies have a great director, cast and great marketing, they can be decent hits, just like many other "new movies" have been decent hits all these years.

Agreed 100%. The X-Men need to learn how to expand their Universe and build to bigger things. Not just Drop one or two more films were characters are either gonna get no development or get the chop. The X-Men have to keep up in this day and age.

There are just too many well known characters here. No one is ever gonna see a proper Gambit, Archangel, Psylocke or Polaris developed if they just stick to a one movie formula. Like the case with Nightcrawler, Gambit, Emma and Havok they would show up then disappear in a following film to make room for others probably never to be seen again. Those 4 characters deserved so much more.

Everything from Singers comments to Millar being hired hints at multiple films for their future so I think we are good as long as these next two don't flop. The main X films will always be there regardless.

Last edited:
exactly.

And just as another point:

A x-men spinoff can easily look like something totally new and different to general audience. Even the tittle doesnt need the name "X-Men". The more different it looks from the trilogy or FC, the better, this way general people "wont get tired" of more of the same, because it wont be the same.

AND.... here is my point, try to get a great cast... lets say... just as an example:

Michael Cane
Charlize Theron
Joshep Gordon Lewit
Liam Hemsworth
and a few more familiar faces

AND a great/talented director.

And then, someone on here tell me this possible spin-off wont be a success.

What? will someone say Fox cant get a great cast like this for a x-men spinoff? no? ok, there you have it then. ;)

Last edited:
exactly.

And just as another point:

A x-men spinoff can easily look like something totally new and different to general audience. Even the tittle doesnt need the name "X-Men". The more different it looks from the trilogy or FC, the better, this way general people "wont get tired" of more of the same, because it wont be the same.

...and thats what I want to see. New and different. :up:

That would still take a lot of time. If I were them I would just stick and focus to the original series and release a new movie every 2 to 3 years, improve the character developments and make an end-game plan for the series.

they can still do that, as most of us want too ;)

there could be an X4 and X5 but i think after that is questionable

added with a possible FC3 and Wolverine 3, and possibly another mutant spin off at some point

thats a possible future agenda, definetly.

And more than enough for next 8-10 years, lol

from the point of view from the original cast this is a 4th film and from the point of view of the FC cast this is a 2nd film, so whether the original cast will stay on past 6 films is questionable

its rare a cast will stay on past 6

Last edited:
agree.

I mean, 6 movies is more than AWESOME for the same cast, so if Fox go that far, big props to them!

Id be crazy happy with just one more movie alone, so if they do two, I will be biggest fan ever :D

they can still do that, as most of us want too ;)

They can do that if they want to throw their money easily. But realistically, there won't be a movie for X-Force, New Mutants and spin-off movies for smaller characters. Producers would want to use their money on their MOST marketable properties.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure an X-Force film would be Cable, Deapdool and Domino centric. But I could very well see that happening. Although they didn't exactly pull out the A listers for FC.

I'm pretty sure an X-Force film would be Cable, Deapdool and Domino centric. But I could very well see that happening. Although they didn't exactly pull out the A listers for FC.

It still had Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Beast who all appeared in previous X-Men movies.

Given by First Class' performance at the box-office, I doubt FOX would want to risk by releasing another movie with a bunch of B and C list characters.

It still had Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Beast who all appeared in previous X-Men movies.

Given by First Class' performance at the box-office, I doubt FOX would want to risk by releasing another movie with a bunch of B and C list characters.

As many have pointed out on here, FC was not a failure and is the highest rated X-film. There is not that much difference in box office between the films. All these characters need is a good introduction and good film. Then they will sell. Prove you have a good product and entertaining characters and people will show.

There is nothing wrong with introducing new characters or films. The industry already suffers enough from that bs.

As many have pointed out on here, FC was not a failure and is the highest rated X-film. There is not that much difference in box office between the films. All these characters need is a good introduction and good film. Then they will sell. Prove you have a good product and entertaining characters and people will show.

There is nothing wrong with introducing new characters or films. The industry already suffers enough from that bs.

its a case of like for marvel iron man used to be pretty unknown to non-comic book fans or general audiences, but now he has become one of the most well known marvel characters, yes maybe partly was the actor that played him but i doubt him alone kept these films going if they were terrible films for 4 sequels

And as if a First Class 3 movie can be as successful as an Iron Man movie. The first one didn't even beat X1 at domestic box-office.

oh my god, psylock, you're too closed minded... like seriously, let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"