Iron Man 2 How much War Machine do you think we'll get?

Spider–Man

Civilian
Reaction score
I mean, do you think they'll actually write it with WM carrying the bulk of the hero duties thru the course of the film? I see it more as starting with Stark as IM, then him falling victim to the bottle and asking Rhodes to take over for the second act, then having the third act being either IM has to fight WM cuz the WM armor has affected Rhodey's mind OR WM can't handle whatever the threat is for the climax and Stark must become IM to team up with Rhodey.

imo, they should put War Machine only in the second movie...I mean, bring something new for the franchise, which would please many fans. if they put WM in the first movie, the hype for him in the second won't be the same.

Spider–Man;12411907 said:
I mean, do you think they'll actually write it with WM carrying the bulk of the hero duties thru the course of the film? I see it more as starting with Stark as IM, then him falling victim to the bottle and asking Rhodes to take over for the second act, then having the third act being either IM has to fight WM cuz the WM armor has affected Rhodey's mind OR WM can't handle whatever the threat is for the climax and Stark must become IM to team up with Rhodey.

This is likely how it will go, although the WM armor wouldn't be the one that drives Rhodes crazy, it's the Mark III suit. Then Tony has to put on one of his earlier suits to stop Rhodes from hurting himself or anyone else. Remember Rhodes filled in as Iron Man before he was War Machine. How they'll tie this all in with the Mandarin as well, we'll just have to wait and see.

imo, they should put War Machine only in the second movie...I mean, bring something new for the franchise, which would please many fans. if they put WM in the first movie, the hype for him in the second won't be the same.

WM will not be in the 1st movie. Just Rhodes. 2nd movie, yeah WM will be in it.

This is likely how it will go, although the WM armor wouldn't be the one that drives Rhodes crazy, it's the Mark III suit. Then Tony has to put on one of his earlier suits to stop Rhodes from hurting himself or anyone else. Remember Rhodes filled in as Iron Man before he was War Machine. How they'll tie this all in with the Mandarin as well, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd like to see Tony just starting to use the WM suit which he's just developed when the alcoholism takes its toll. Rhodey becomes WM and the WM suit drives him crazy. Stark has to use the Mach III to battle him. It may not tie right with the comic but I think that'd work best. I think the Mach III should be for Stark alone!

According to Terrence Howard in one interview, we'll start to see the birth of War Machine. His excitement is to much to contain on the matter, so, he somewhat spilled the beans by saying we'll see progression with the anger that drives Howard in the first film. I'm excited. :hyper:

i think we'll get a WM similar to the movie suit. like sm3 they'll just change the suit black and add more guns. :ninja:

I think it may be just a small part of the next film-- IF they even go there..

nicely said there :oldrazz:

Spider–Man;12411907 said:

I like this idea, but I think they want to go for Mandarin as the villain. I can see IM falling into alcoholism, then WM needs to take on Mandarin on his own, only to almost get killed forcing IM to try to sober up.

also...it would be perfect to have him in the second movie if Tony really will face his alcoholism.
while he's off the trail...War Machine takes the job.

I think something like only a third of the film. Then much like the comics, is injured, possibly in a fight with the Mandarin, which is the catalyst that causes Stark to don the armor again.

I don't want War Machine to be a huge part of the film. Maybe, as was just stated, have him fight against the film's main baddie about 2/3 into the film and cause Tony to get out of his alcoholic haze and put the armor back on.

Maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't mind IM and WM teaming up in the end...it'd really have to depend on who they're fighting and if it can be done in a non-cheesy way.

I don't want this to become a Batman & Robin or Spider-Man 3, too many characters at the end fighting cluster F.

If he needs to be in the 2nd movie, he should be in the 2nd act battling the baddies while Stark battles his demons and makes his triumphant return in the 3rd act.

The thing that interests me is that based on Favreau's interview on the front page and some of Howard's past comments, I'm thinking that we are going to see the storyline where Rhodes loses it during his tenure as IM/WM and Stark has to fight him in IM2.

I don't want War Machine to be a huge part of the film. Maybe, as was just stated, have him fight against the film's main baddie about 2/3 into the film and cause Tony to get out of his alcoholic haze and put the armor back on.

Maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't mind IM and WM teaming up in the end...it'd really have to depend on who they're fighting and if it can be done in a non-cheesy way.

After seeing the movie, and all that, I agree about the whole not giving War Machine a huge part. Like someone stated before, having too many big character causes conflicts at times.

The thing that interests me is that based on Favreau's interview on the front page and some of Howard's past comments, I'm thinking that we are going to see the storyline where Rhodes loses it during his tenure as IM/WM and Stark has to fight him in IM2.

Likewise. They give us the same Iron Man action without feeling like a "War Machine" movie by giving us Rhodes in that suit while Stark copes with alcoholism.

I'd like to see Rhodes take on the IM duties during the middle of the movie (not the beginning, not the end), perhaps as Stark deals with alcoholism and his life falling apart and things of that nature. I'd say we need a good 10-15 minutes of "War Machine," honestly. A single memorable action sequence should be enough.

As for War Machine as a second Iron Man, I'm not sure that's necessary at all... all we need is Rhodey in a suit making stuff happen for a little while. That'll make most people's day.

I think the idea of him "losing it" is silly, and inconsistent with his portrayal in the movies.

QFT - all of it. IM should stay the focus. WM should be a cool side-track. Team up in the end to get Tony back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"