• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Should Cap's Abilities Be Portrayed On The Screen?

hmm... basing him on the Ultimates Cap would probably be fine.. especially since that's what younger readers are mostly familiar with..

Here's how I want Cap to be portrayed.

[YT]fmJFK7JLEE4[/YT]

Just put him in the regular costume and I'm fine really. I really like that he can take punches from Hulk and that a punch from Cap actually makes him flinch.

???????????:huh:

Not the best fighter??? A super soldier from WWII? An expert in Judo, Karate, boxing, combat acrobatics and strategy, not the best fighter??.
sure he knows the most fighting techniques, but he'd get killed in less that 2 seconds in a fight against Iron Man or Thor because compared to them he's like a baby
Cap has taken down just about every villain in the Marvel U by himself....even those above of his class.
well he shouldn't be able to, he's basically a slightly stronger and faster Batman, he shouldn't be able to take guys who are super human

You don't have to be the strongest to be the best fighter.
no but when Iron Man is on your team your pretty much useless in a fight if your just a peak human

Ironman? He'd need an EMP to knock out his power. Take his helmet off with his Shield before he can reboot. Cold cock Tony in the face
yah if Tony was ******ed and just let Cap beat on him while doing nothing, Tony is capable of killing Cap in one punch and can move faster than Cap can see

i don't want to see Cap doing things a peak human is incapable of doing, like watching that video Savage posted, i don't want to see Cap surviving being punched by the Hulk thats BS, unless they up his power, i have no problem with them making him more powerful, but if he's just a peak human that kind of stuff makes no sense. like i dont want to see Cap jumping 20 feet in the air, or knocking a guy as strong as Thor over, i mean even if he threw his shield at a 50 ton strength guy it would barely phase them, let alone knock them over

You are absolutely wrong.

Do you know what Judo is all about?
The word "judo" shares the same root ideogram as "jujutsu": "jū" (柔, "jū"?), which may mean "gentleness", "softness", "suppleness", and even "easy", depending on its context. Such attempts to translate jū are deceptive, however. The use of jū in each of these words is an explicit reference to the martial arts principle of the "soft method" (柔法, jūhō?). The soft method is characterized by the indirect application of force to defeat an opponent. More specifically, it is the principle of using one's opponent's strength against him and adapting well to changing circumstances. For example, if the attacker was to push against his opponent he would find his opponent stepping to the side and allowing his momentum (often with the aid of a foot to trip him up) to throw him forwards (the inverse being true for pulling.) Kano saw jujutsu as a disconnected bag of tricks, and sought to unify it according to a principle, which he found in the notion of "maximum efficiency". Jujutsu techniques that relied solely on superior strength were discarded or adapted in favour of those that involved redirecting the opponent's force, off-balancing the opponent, or making use of superior leverage.

Cap is a master at this! That's why he's won so many battles. His razor sharp mind and skill can win the day in most fights.......even with those who are stronger.

Now ....can this work all the time? No. But to make such a broad statement that it "makes no sense" for him to beat stronger opponents is preposterous.

Ultimate Cap is pretty much written to be cinematic; copy and paste.

You are absolutely wrong.

Do you know what Judo is all about?
The word "judo" shares the same root ideogram as "jujutsu": "jū" (柔, "jū"?), which may mean "gentleness", "softness", "suppleness", and even "easy", depending on its context. Such attempts to translate jū are deceptive, however. The use of jū in each of these words is an explicit reference to the martial arts principle of the "soft method" (柔法, jūhō?). The soft method is characterized by the indirect application of force to defeat an opponent. More specifically, it is the principle of using one's opponent's strength against him and adapting well to changing circumstances. For example, if the attacker was to push against his opponent he would find his opponent stepping to the side and allowing his momentum (often with the aid of a foot to trip him up) to throw him forwards (the inverse being true for pulling.) Kano saw jujutsu as a disconnected bag of tricks, and sought to unify it according to a principle, which he found in the notion of "maximum efficiency". Jujutsu techniques that relied solely on superior strength were discarded or adapted in favour of those that involved redirecting the opponent's force, off-balancing the opponent, or making use of superior leverage.

Cap is a master at this! That's why he's won so many battles. His razor sharp mind and skill can win the day in most fights.......even with those who are stronger.

Now ....can this work all the time? No. But to make such a broad statement that it "makes no sense" for him to beat stronger opponents is preposterous.

Yeah, this and Cap's heightened reflexes is why he can take on these super powered beings. Plus he has a weapon that's indestructible with the strength to hurt even the likes of Thor and Hulk with it.

Yeah, this and Cap's heightened reflexes is why he can take on these super powered beings. Plus he has a weapon that's indestructible with the strength to hurt even the likes of Thor and Hulk with it.

Exactly!

Here's how I want Cap to be portrayed.

Just put him in the regular costume and I'm fine really. I really like that he can take punches from Hulk and that a punch from Cap actually makes him flinch.

He can take a punch like that because he's learned to roll with them. His reflexes help him in that regard.

why he's won so many battles. His razor sharp mind and skill can win the day in most fights.......even with those who are stronger.

it doesn't matter how skilled of a fighter you are, when your enemy can move faster than you can blink your done. Who would win in a fight, a baby who knows every fighting form in the world against an olympic athelete? theres a better chance of that baby winning than Captain America even hurting Thor realistically

it doesn't matter how skilled of a fighter you are, when your enemy can move faster than you can blink your done. Who would win in a fight, a baby who knows every fighting form in the world against an olympic athelete? theres a better chance of that baby winning than Captain America even hurting Thor realistically
Make up your mind. Now you're talking about speed. Cap has beaten those types as well.

ULtimate cap works but i want other skills...

I would definitely want to see him be a suped up human, super powered, not peak human because that's really a waste. Unless they actually say something along the lines of peak human conditions being in the realm of super powers and the best athlethes in the world are subconciously still holding back at 50% their potential.

Secondly if he is a soldier, I want him to show he is prolific at all soldier skills. Driving vehicles, close and long range combat, proficient with any weapon, pistol, knives, swords, daggers, lances.

I want him able to communicate in multiple languages

I want him physically capable of bashing a car in (so his blow is equal to a strong guy wielding a sledge hammer).

I want him physically capable than sprinting as fast as a motor cycle rider on running long distance.

I never want to see him out of breath except for hardcore combatants like the red skull.

I would like to see him being capable of jumping on to the roof of a single story building unaided.

I don't want to see his sheild return to him. If it hits a target and richochets in a certain direction and he moves their to intercept it, that's fine but i don't want him holding out his hand like a jackass waiting for his shield to come back. Give that credit to thor, let cap work to make him look good.

I want him to use his shield offensively and defensively.

I want to see him using knives and adapting quickly to modern technolgy.

I'm still not sure if I want to see him feel natural in a place like the avengers initially or feel intimidated by being around people with general powers, super tech and actual gods. It depends on what type of writing they want for him.

I think Captain America should be like he was in Ultimate Avengers. Meaning a mix between Ultimate Cap and 616 Cap.

You know what? Just make him like the Bionicman but without the mechanics. I think that's a pretty good description of his abilities.

And he has to have the regular costume. It's just...America all over.

He should have the regular costume later on.

and by later on I mean no wings…
4986a3e5.jpg

ultimates11.jpg

UltimatesCaptainAmerica.jpg

2492736646_2aeeb781fb_o.jpg

I like the ultimates costume save for the red circles on his shoulders.
He was awesome in that clip against Hulk, using his body as best as he could, finding weak stops in an almost invulnerable creature.
And most of all, never giving up.

not a fan of the chainmail costume, makes him look like a chicken with feathers...

I think it depends on how it's done. I like when it's more form fitting instead of puffed out. Plus to me it kind of adds something interesting to the overall look.

I think it depends on how it's done. I like when it's more form fitting instead of puffed out. Plus to me it kind of adds something interesting to the overall look.

I definitely like the form fitting chainmail look, it really livens up the design without compromising the original look.
Plus the pics above with the feathers, especially the first one, actually looked BADASS!

it'd clunk everytime he moved, hardly stealthy...

Not necesarilly, wouldn't really have to be loose and clunky, it might not even have to be actual chainmail at all, but instead protective adamantanium scales or something like that.

it'd clunk everytime he moved, hardly stealthy...

Funny, I never imagined it clunking around or really moving all that much. It's like you literally see them as metal bird feathers. :huh:

You know what? Just make him like the Bionicman but without the mechanics. I think that's a pretty good description of his abilities.

And he has to have the regular costume. It's just...America all over.

i agree thats how the tvmovies portrayed his abilities

Just use everything after the equal sign in the link...Or just post the link. I'm curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"