The Dark Knight How should this movie begin?

Metallo22

Civilian
Reaction score
I got one of either two ideas.

1.) Scarecrow is still on the loose. Batman catches up and captures Crane. He's taken to Arkham, where we see Dr. Harleen Quinzel for the first time.

2.) The Joker takes Rachel Dawes to the top of Gotham Tower, while he has his thugs keep Batman busy, and then the Joker drops Rachel from the roof.

I go back and forth between both ideas, although right now, I'm leaning towards having number 1 open the movie, with the second idea happening about mid-way through the movie. Then, we have Rachel's funeral, and that leads into the final act showdown between Bats and Joker.

What's everybody else's ideas or thoughts? Sorry if this thread has been done before, as well.:batman:

Batman taking down a robber.

Batman and joker share an intimate moment while expressing their love for each other.

same way as the first.
Bats forming the bat symbol.

I'm sorry for the Brokebat joke, but I can't resist:

Joker telling Bats "I wish I could quit you!"

shaggyaggie457 said:

What the hell is the point of your sig?

With the text "Just kidding, Ledger isn't the Joker"

but I doubt that'd happen :(

theShape said:
What the hell is the point of your sig?

Hypocritical, I know, but I couldn't resist.

But will I tell "Brokebat" jokes again?

NEVAH! :)

shaggyaggie457 said:

Shaggy...I expected more from you :(

Sorry Norm, my dark side came through.

But as I said, in regards to future "Brokebat" jokes:

Nevah!

StorminNorman said:
Shaggy...I expected more from you :(

the pope of a "major" religion is dissapointed in you!.

you can sense the shame!.

Maybe the film could start with more flashbacks? or even some of the same flashbacks from begins before cutting away to batman high up in gotham looking over the city?

how I see the movie beginning depends on if they make Ledger the Joker already and just insane....or if they start the movie as him pre-Joker and eventually turns into him...

I know this was probably brought up a long time ago....but I see him as an Arkham escapee and has had a raw side-effect from the fear gas and is scared to the point he goes pale and eventually just laughs at fear with his adaption to it and just starts killing people ...

if he starts the movie as the Joker...they should have him calmly talking to a couple on the street and asking for directions or something to that extent....then says a creepy one-liner in how to get to 'fill in the blank' and the person looks at him like...wtf?...and he laughs and shoots them in the face one by one and disappears....

or they can actually catch him and he turns into the Joker that way and Harleen Quinzel studies him in Arkham as Crane's replacement...then develops an infatuation with him....

overall I think he'd have to be someone who already escaped from Arkham....or doesn't have to...I'd prefer it...

I could go with either of these:

1. Bats forming the bat symbol.

2. Batman taking down a robber.

I think something of a nod to the beginning of B89 would be cool.

Not sure about the opening scene exactly, but the beginning of the movie should be about Batman hunting this crazy Joker guy, and not being able to get anywhere. Then, a little ways into the movie, Joker makes his big reveal. I dont like the idea of starting the movie off with them having an established relationship as people have suggested. Their first meeting needs to be shown on screen.

Katsuro said:
I dont like the idea of starting the movie off with them having an established relationship as people have suggested. Their first meeting needs to be shown on screen.
I agree.:up:

Katsuro said:
Not sure about the opening scene exactly, but the beginning of the movie should be about Batman hunting this crazy Joker guy, and not being able to get anywhere. Then, a little ways into the movie, Joker makes his big reveal. I dont like the idea of starting the movie off with them having an established relationship as people have suggested. Their first meeting needs to be shown on screen.

Thats what I think :up:

spiderman style...criminal in a warehouse with a gun and stolen money...batman makes him paranoid lookin all over the place then get em'!

.............Just a thought

Zsasz in a rundown apartment with blood on his hands carving another tally mark into his skin. Batman crashes through the window, has a brief fight with Zsasz and eventually takes him down.

Katsuro said:

they shouldn't come into direct contact until at least an hour into the movie....

of course I'm thinking they'll make the movie 2:30 long like last time....and I hope they do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"