First Avenger How Thor Affects Cap: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
As most of you know, Thor is not being released everywhere at the same time. I don't want anyone to flip out over an inadvertant slip of what in Thor will effect Captain America, what the credits scene is, etc. So before this ever becomes an issue, I am making this thread as a place where you can discuss anything Thor relating to Cap freely without tags (until Thor's mass release).

THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!! YOU ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I can see this problem coming up, so I am doing something about it now :)

This is all I know so far:

At the very end of Thor, Loki in disguise as the doctor, is after the cosmic cube. This is obviously a lead in to the avengers as in that it is believed Loki is using the cube for some unknown plan. I don't think this really effects captain america but it does connect it with Thor and then finally Avengers.

Any chance the thread title can get changed to "Affects"? Throws me off every time I read it.

Haha yeah. My mom was a bit of a grammar Nazi, so I guess it's rubbed off a bit.

Any chance the thread title can get changed to "Affects"? Throws me off every time I read it.

they should just remove one of effects affects and use the other for all cases.

I think it's more how CA ties in with Thor and The Avengers.

We know from Comic-Con that the Cosmic Cube or the Tesseract belonged to Odin in the MCU and he placed it on Earth for safekeeping. It'll pass from the Red Skull to SHIELD's safekeeping. Loki would recognise an Asgardian treasure, hence his interest in it, and if the rumours are true, use it to summon the Skrulls.

And dying off quickly.

There's no mention of Captain America in Thor. :woot:

See post below :word:

Also, less attitude next time :)

I think it's more how CA ties in with Thor and The Avengers.

We know from Comic-Con that the Cosmic Cube or the Tesseract belonged to Odin in the MCU and he placed it on Earth for safekeeping. It'll pass from the Red Skull to SHIELD's safekeeping. Loki would recognise an Asgardian treasure, hence his interest in it, and if the rumours are true, use it to summon the Skrulls.

:up:

Last edited:
So what's this Cosmic Cube? I'm new to Marvel and i've only seen it in Brubaker's Cap run. What exactly does it do?

It looks like a cheap plot gizmo if you ask me. HUR LITTLE CUBE WITH POWERS, LETS FIGHT OVER IT. You know what i mean?

"ALLSPARK! MINE!" - Another Hugo Weaving character.

But to answer your question, the Cosmic Cube has the ability to alter reality.

In Thor, Loki threatens to pay a visit to Earth because he realises his brother has fallen in love with a human. The rumour is he'll use that Cube to bring the Skrulls to our planet (because we have no idea in the MCU or not if they even know of Earth). If you ask me, it's a clever harmonising of the 616 and Ultimate origins of the Avengers.

What was interesting to me is that during the THOR post credit scene...

It appears that Fury (& the cube) is in some kind of WW2 bunker.

"ALLSPARK! MINE!" - Another Hugo Weaving character.

But to answer your question, the Cosmic Cube has the ability to alter reality.

In Thor, Loki threatens to pay a visit to Earth because he realises his brother has fallen in love with a human. The rumour is he'll use that Cube to bring the Skrulls to our planet (because we have no idea in the MCU or not if they even know of Earth). If you ask me, it's a clever harmonising of the 616 and Ultimate origins of the Avengers.
Thanks for the info and lol about Weaving. I just noticed that he's playing yet another villain who's after a magic cube.

What was interesting to me is that during the THOR post credit scene...

It appears that Fury (& the cube) is in some kind of WW2 bunker.
So Fury is ageless in the movies too?

Thanks for the info and lol about Weaving. I just noticed that he's playing yet another villain who's after a magic cube.

So Fury is ageless in the movies too?
Probably in a hidden bunker Skull had, I bet. I have yet to see Thor but I bet that's the case since we know Red Skull finds Odin's tomb in the 1940's.

Are the skrulls located on one of the other worlds talked about?
In Thor? no, not that I'm aware of, nobody has mentioned the Skrulls in Thor. (we have an easter egg thread in the Thor movie threads.)

Why would a cosmic cube be used to summon Skrulls?

That's a fairly pointless and innoccuous use of the cube. It's a device that alter reality itself.

This is all I know so far:

At the very end of Thor, Loki in disguise as the doctor, is after the cosmic cube. This is obviously a lead in to the avengers as in that it is believed Loki is using the cube for some unknown plan. I don't think this really effects captain america but it does connect it with Thor and then finally Avengers.

the way i understood it, he was more of an influence. not an actual disguise cos he was a seperate figure in the reflection

Probably in a hidden bunker Skull had, I bet. I have yet to see Thor but I bet that's the case since we know Red Skull finds Odin's tomb in the 1940's.
No. I just mean't that it looks as if the Cube was discovered in an old bunker, and that is where Fury met with 'Selvig'

Thanks guys. :woot:

Why would a cosmic cube be used to summon Skrulls?

That's a fairly pointless and innoccuous use of the cube. It's a device that alter reality itself.
not if

the cube sends out some kind of signal the Skrulls may know. Odin hid the Cube for a reason, and probably far away from the Skrulls.

the way i understood it, he was more of an influence. not an actual disguise cos he was a seperate figure in the reflection

That's what I thought. He seemed more like a puppet to me than actual disguise. Otherwise they'd have to explain how Jane Foster and her friend seems to have known and worked with the doctor for years (apparently). Not to mention that I'm not entirely sure the doctor's actions in the movie would entirely line up with being a Loki reflection. Unless there's something I missed it's open to debate until we're shown definitively.

I don't want to talk to you guys...I'm just here to spam my wares....ain't I cool......

....oh darn, I'm banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's this Cosmic Cube? I'm new to Marvel and i've only seen it in Brubaker's Cap run. What exactly does it do?

It looks like a cheap plot gizmo if you ask me. HUR LITTLE CUBE WITH POWERS, LETS FIGHT OVER IT. You know what i mean?

You'd have to go way back to the Kirby comics. It was a cool plot device and sure seemed ominous in the Skull's hands. Be cool if someone could post a cover from those years.

Don't know how to post it other than give a link. This is the one I remember as a kid. Sure captured my attention.
this...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Skullcosmic.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"