First Avenger How Thor Affects Cap: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

I just saw this at http://www.iamrogue.com/news/movie-...ton-discusses-lokis-role-in-the-avengers.html. It's a quote from Hiddleston about Loki. I'll put this in spoilers.

It seems to suggest that the doctor who he appeared with at the end of Thor is just his puppet.

Hiddleston: See this is where there could be some kind of assassin sitting and waiting to shoot me. Well you are on to something. You have seen that tag and you are on to something. So Loki can mind control people but there are certain things that Loki has to do himself. So I wouldn’t say that it is all going to be Stellan.

Seeing the Cosmic Cube in that case was AWESOME! I can't wait to see people's reactions when they learn what it REALLY is :cap:

Seeing the Cosmic Cube in that case was AWESOME! I can't wait to see people's reactions when they learn what it REALLY is :cap:

I can't wait to find out what it really does in the movieverse myself. I don't think I've heard anyone hear nail down what it's supposed to do in this movie.

I had no idea that this movie was gonna be in 3D....

I watched Thor today and was surprised to see the Captain America trailer and in 3D! I've seen the trailer tons of times, but seeing it in 3D made it look soo much better, which usually doesn't happen!

The theater I was in was 40% kids and they went nuts for it, so, I'm thinking Captain America might be more well known by audiences than I originally expected or maybe in general, it's just a good looking movie..

It seems kinda cheesy that its a glass cube with energy. Couldnt it be like a crystal or something? That goes for the comics too.

I dunno, i never liked the cosmic cube. Seems like the ultimate deus ex machina.

I know I saw a photo with the Red Skull holding the cosmic cube somewhere

What if Cap gets buried with the cube at the end of the movie? Maybe that's how SHIELD gets the cube & finds Cap?

What if Cap gets buried with the cube at the end of the movie? Maybe that's how SHIELD gets the cube & finds Cap?

Well I know they said that how Cap gets to the 21st century is slightly different than the comics, so perhaps the cube helps keep him alive?

Well I know they said that how Cap gets to the 21st century is slightly different than the comics, so perhaps the cube helps keep him alive?

Or transports him?

Ugh... I hope it doesn't transport him. That'd be lame, especially since it appears he meets Fury as soon as he awakens.

Transportation works for me. I'm willing to let go of him being frozen in ice,lol.

We already know Cap is found in the ice.

Na, I don't think so. I think somehow the cube is left behind where Red Skull thinks it's safe when Cap jumps his plane, and ends up in ice.

Well I hope they keep Captain America in the ice and not with the cube. Not that it wouldnt be awesome, I just always liked him being frozen. :woot:

Seeing how my theater has a Cap Standee of the shield covered in ICE, I think you are right:woot:
Ours only has the poster and it's at the end of one of the hallways to the theaters. You have to be exiting that side in order to see it. :(

What was interesting to me is that during the THOR post credit scene...

It appears that Fury (& the cube) is in some kind of WW2 bunker.
Going with the Project PEGASUS crate in IM2 that was holding Howard Stark's belongings, I'm pretty sure that's where the post credit scene takes place. It makes sense for them to have the Cube there. It mixes the 616 and Ultimate version of it together.

Na, I don't think so. I think somehow the cube is left behind where Red Skull thinks it's safe when Cap jumps his plane, and ends up in ice.

I think Cap and the Cube go down together, and it is the Cube's power that keeps him alive and young while frozen in the ice.

Probably in a hidden bunker Skull had, I bet. I have yet to see Thor but I bet that's the case since we know Red Skull finds Odin's tomb in the 1940's.

Why would Odin have a tomb whe Thor shows him alive in our present day?

Odin's Treasure Tomb/VAULT has been on Earth for ages. The Asgardians have been coming to earth since the Viking era or before.
In Thor you see Odin explaining about the capture of the Casket of Ancient Winters to a 10/12 year old Thor and Loki and that was during the very early Viking era which is hundreds of years old.
Also we hear Fandral tell Thor that "This isn't like going to Earth and being worshiped as a god after throwing a few Lightning bolts", We assume sometime after Odin stops the Frost Giant attack of Earth when Thor was in HIS later rebellious TEEN years that Thor visited Earth and the Vikings.
Odin had moved a few items in the Asgardian Vault to different places. This happens between the time Thor was 10 and his later Teens which was still during the Viking era.

I think Cap and the Cube go down together, and it is the Cube's power that keeps him alive and young while frozen in the ice.

I love the notion that the Cube plays a seriously big role in Cap, leading to the Avengers...

I thought Cap being human physical perfection enabled him to survive the ice.

Yeah I was thinking the sss is what was keeping cap alive in the ice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"