How to deal with opinions you disagree with

I'm gonna give this "Ignoring more stupid people" thing a go. It'll be extra hard b/c being on a college campus increases the probability that I'll encounter an absurb opinion.

What would you like, Jaguarr?

I'll take the porterhouse. Ask the chef to cook that to a true medium-well if you would. I'll take the garden salad on the side with blue cheese dressing and I'll take the baker fully loaded but ask them to go easy on the sour cream. Also, bring us a bottle of the J. Lohr Merlot. A 1998 or '99 would be nice. And a little more bread when you have the time. Thanks.

jag

i usually try and understand the ROOT of the indifference.. if its someone whom i would like to converse with or be around them often.... if i can understand WHY they feel that way .. im more apt to ACCEPT the way they feel

You can't win :) If you want some magical KILLER comeback, there isn't one, sorry. However take solace in this fact, people who usually are stubborned in their arguments are usually the ones with the most faults, simply because they haven't taken the time to view it from the other side, they simply parade their ignorance as gospel truth. It's best to ignore them and move on, the only thing to gain is the enlargement of one's ego. However, you seem to bring up the message board. THere's a slight difference, arguing on a message board is simply fun. A good flame war based on intelligent ideas is one of hte most fun activities on here. There rarely are any good sparring partners because in the words of Jag, they go and get feelings, and don't even argue intelligently, they just revert to name-calling :(

I'll take the porterhouse. Ask the chef to cook that to a true medium-well if you would. I'll take the garden salad on the side with blue cheese dressing and I'll take the baker fully loaded but ask them to go easy on the sour cream. Also, bring us a bottle of the J. Lohr Merlot. A 1998 or '99 would be nice. And a little more bread when you have the time. Thanks.

jag

LoL I i will see what I can do, now ask for me, I want for you to get me the usual.

jag

My water has been empty for like 7 and half minutes now... :whatever:

jag
Bleu cheese? Um, your age is showing. You might want to cover that up.:hyper:

You can't win :) If you want some magical KILLER comeback, there isn't one, sorry. However take solace in this fact, people who usually are stubborned in their arguments are usually the ones with the most faults, simply because they haven't taken the time to view it from the other side, they simply parade their ignorance as gospel truth. It's best to ignore them and move on, the only thing to gain is the enlargement of one's ego. However, you seem to bring up the message board. THere's a slight difference, arguing on a message board is simply fun. A good flame war based on intelligent ideas is one of hte most fun activities on here. There rarely are any good sparring partners because in the words of Jag, they go and get feelings, and don't even argue intelligently, they just revert to name-calling :(

No, no, no....they CATCH feelings. They don't go and get them. You need to seek the guidance of Jplaya, the man who bestowed us with this addition to our lexicon.

LoL I i will see what I can do, now ask for me, I want for you to get me the usual.

Why are you asking customers to get you something? You're a terrible waiter. :huh:

My water has been empty for like 7 and half minutes now... :whatever:

He's new, here, I think. He'll catch on. Either that or the rest of the wait staff will give him a beat down in the parking lot after his shift.

Bleu cheese? Um, your age is showing. You might want to cover that up.:hyper:

You're still alive? :huh:

jag

\

Why are you asking customers to get you something? You're a terrible waiter. :huh:
:huh:

jag

All I want from you is- Hundreds of billions of dollars, utter domination of known space, and the pleasure of hearing that all my enemies have died in terrible, highly improbably accidents that cannot be connected to me. Thats my usual Jag.

All I want from you is- Hundreds of billions of dollars, utter domination of known space, and the pleasure of hearing that all my enemies have died in terrible, highly improbably accidents that cannot be connected to me. Thats my usual Jag.

You've missed a Lithium dose or two recently, haven't you?

jag

Ha! Movies205 thinks feelings just sit around and will let you "get" them. Those things are wiley and need to be caught :o

Ha! Movies205 thinks feelings just sit around and will let you "get" them. Those things are wiley and need to be caught :o

Bah, you people and your semantics... Feelings are for noobs the 1337 take soma! :cmad:

:woot: Eros is your God? well... that makes a little sense, since he is the God of Love ;)

Couldn't it be the Freud concept of Eros? Equally so perhaps we're all suffering from an Oedipal conplex :eek:

You know, if you guys weren't so intensely self-absorbed, you'd realize that all of life is a balance between the emptiness of eternity and the need to make art, to remind ourselves we were here.

Bah, you people and your semantics... Feelings are for noobs the 1337 take soma! :cmad:

You could have used a couple tabs of Soma in your "Who remembers me?" thread before the mods deleted it. :up:

You know, if you guys weren't so intensely self-absorbed, you'd realize that all of life is a balance between the emptiness of eternity and the need to make art, to remind ourselves we were here.

I suppose that would depend on what your personal working definition of art is, wouldn't it?

jag

I'm so awesome I don't need to read this...

If you were any weirder I think I'd hang myself.

I gemerally tell that individual I disagree, and I can't be converted to their side. I also mention I have no intention of converting them to my belief.

Show them you're right

punch.jpg

There's only one way to win an arguement.

you-got-served-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"