How to deal with opinions you disagree with

I remember being in psychology class and this girl was like Star Wars was sexist and my friend went on a verbal tirade about Princess Leia, Mon Mothma and won. Stupid girl. :up:
Did the b**** just miss every single Princess Leia scene?!?
God. :whatever:

Even when she was forced to wear a metal bikini...it was by a leering, repulsive freak-creature and she got to personally kill him for his crimes.

god

Show them you're right

punch.jpg

Can be difficult, and it proves nothing.

Did the b**** just miss every single Princess Leia scene?!?
God. :whatever:

Even when she was forced to wear a metal bikini...it was by a leering, repulsive freak-creature and she got to personally kill him for his crimes.

god

God!
gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg

jag

You know, if you guys weren't so intensely self-absorbed, you'd realize that all of life is a balance between the emptiness of eternity and the need to make art, to remind ourselves we were here.

Thankfully us gals are so selfless that we realize that life is really a balance of making yourself happy while making as many others happy as you can ;)

Can be difficult, and it proves nothing.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
The art of war-

Basically I disagreed with the interment of the Japanese-Americans in WW2 and since I was part of the minority and tried to voice my opinion I was said to be too disruptive! I raised my hand!:csad: More people need to bring up questions and disagree in education or we could just be taught anything!

Basically I disagreed with the interment of the Japanese-Americans in WW2 and since I was part of the minority and tried to voice my opinion I was said to be too disruptive! I raised my hand!:csad: More people need to bring up questions and disagree in education or we could just be taught anything!

Wait...how old are you? :huh:

jag

One day, I'm actually gonna make a shirt saying 'everyone is entitled to my opinion' and wear it in to class.

On the flip side, I know people that immediately attack someone who has a different opinion, even if they express it in a calm manner. I've seen people verbally assault someone that said they didn't have an issue with gay people, but just didn't agree with the homosexual lifestyle. They more or less lambasted them as if they were Hitler reborn. This was in a debate at work.

On the flip side, I know people that immediately attack someone who has a different opinion, even if they express it in a calm manner. I've seen people verbally assault someone that said they didn't have an issue with gay people, but just didn't agree with the homosexual lifestyle. They more or less lambasted them as if they were Hitler reborn. This was in a debate at work.

I think they assaulted the person because the statement I bolded sounds like they're tip-toeing around their homophobia. I really have no idea what that means; you either support something or you don't.

Does tip-toeing around homophobia indicate that maybe the person doing it might be a little light in the loafers themselves and just can't deal with that? :oldrazz:

jag

It's early. Haven't had my green tea, yet. I'm just warming up, here. I'll get some better material out later today. :hyper:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"