• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Flash How would a version of the Flashpoint story work here?

Reaction score
What the title says. If this was discussed before, link the thread.

What would the story be? Could it trickle into Arrow? What changes would happen?

It's been talked about in many threads... But one way for it to work is to have Oliver's dad play the "batman" role.

At the end when everything goes back to "normal" they can add Supergirl connections to the new universe.

I'd like there to be some lasting changes to the world after he reverts everything "back to normal".

Oliver dies on the Queen's Gambit. Robert Queen kills the other survivor on the raft and meets Yao Fei on Lian Yu putting him on the path to becoming a more ruthless Arrow. Swap Laurel with Sarah on the Queen's Gambit as well making Laurel the proto (or actual) Canary. Merlyn is a good guy trying to stop a version of the the Undertaking.

Ray Palmer was in Central City instead of Starling during the particle accelerator explosion giving him shrinking powers. Caitlyn instead of Ronnie is a metahuman (Killer Frost).

It's not really hard just to mix things up.

Oliver dies on the Queen's Gambit. Robert Queen kills the other survivor on the raft and meets Yao Fei on Lian Yu putting him on the path to becoming a more ruthless Arrow. Swap Laurel with Sarah on the Queen's Gambit as well making Laurel the proto (or actual) Canary. Merlyn is a good guy trying to stop a version of the the Undertaking.

Ray Palmer was in Central City instead of Starling during the particle accelerator explosion giving him shrinking powers. Caitlyn instead of Ronnie is a metahuman (Killer Frost).

It's not really hard just to mix things up.

Do we lose Firestorm from that? Plus what happens to the rest of the supporting casts of both shows?

What would the story be? Could it trickle into Arrow? What changes would happen?

I don't think it would ever happen, but I'd be very interested to see a Flashpoint storyline play out across multiple episodes (even up to an entire season) across The Flash, Arrow and Supergirl (although the impact of any Flashpoint related changes on Supergirl may be unclear or have little weight depending upon how long Supergirl has been on screens before the event happens).

IF the Flashpoint storyline was across multiple episodes or an entire season, then I think they'd need to keep Barry and Oliver (and Kara) as central characters. So, Oliver would have needed to survive the shipwreck, but maybe he was captured on the Amazo or by the League of Assassins. Barry could have still been at the explosion, but developed alternate abilities.

Really, I think they should just have as much fun as they want and put the characters in extreme situations, even killing them off. All leading to the big finale where Barry, Oliver (if he reforms into a hero), etc join forces to restore the original timeline even at the expense of whatever happiness the heroes have in the Flashpoint storyline (e.g. Barry's mum being alive, Oliver's dad potentially being alive, Barry and Oliver potentially being in loving, meaningful relationships with Iris and Laurel, etc).

People have pointed out that they're taking lots of cues from Geoff Johns' run which includes Flashpoint. And with the whole time travel element, it seems possible.

It could definitely be done. I don't think it'd even be hard. Right off the bat you guys are talking about Robert Queen as Arrow and it'd be super awesome/boss!

Barry never came out of his coma like Superman was locked in a box.
Iris leads the resistance like Lois did
Vibe becomes the premiere superhero of the world like Cyborg
Firestorm is made of a group of people ala Captain Marvel.
Perhaps Amanda Waller and Ray Palmer were supposed to get married and end up having it out in a full on war, Wonder Woman vs Aquaman style.

Very doable. Should probably be saved for later, since I don't think that's what's happening with this particular trip to Barry's home.

The only problem they would run into is the Wonder Woman/Aquaman war. There really isn't anything in the CW-verse that would fill that gap. Maybe the League of Shadows on one side, but who would be the other?

The only problem they would run into is the Wonder Woman/Aquaman war. There really isn't anything in the CW-verse that would fill that gap. Maybe the League of Shadows on one side, but who would be the other?

An even more extreme version of Amanda Waller

"Let's nuke these cities and shoot these planes down to get rid of a few terrorists or assassins."

That would be awesome, Robert queen as arrow, league of shadow vs. Argus war, maybe Merlyn is still with the league, maybe robert takes queen takes over the league himself like R'as wants Oliver to do.

Slade's Mirakuru Army?

arr221c.png

Put the Mirakuru army, led by Slade, in the hands of Waller, the Triad, or someone else, and I could see that working as the 2nd side of the war.

It could definitely be done. I don't think it'd even be hard. Right off the bat you guys are talking about Robert Queen as Arrow and it'd be super awesome/boss!

Barry never came out of his coma like Superman was locked in a box.
Iris leads the resistance like Lois did
Vibe becomes the premiere superhero of the world like Cyborg
Firestorm is made of a group of people ala Captain Marvel.
Perhaps Amanda Waller and Ray Palmer were supposed to get married and end up having it out in a full on war, Wonder Woman vs Aquaman style.

Very doable. Should probably be saved for later, since I don't think that's what's happening with this particular trip to Barry's home.

Yes indeed. More importantly I think it could be a lot of fun for the cast and crew to play out these what if scenarios in the Flashpoint timeline. The writing staff wouldn't necessarily have to copy/paste Flashpoint's story beats to make it work. It'd also give the fanbase a chance to see some fan service they'd never get in the actual timeline.

Only problem I foresee is that it could throw off casual fans of Arrow into confusion. Unless they kick off the Flashpoint arc from an Arrow/Flash crossover episode(s) where the Flashpoint timeline is created as an unforeseen side effect of the crossover's resolution. It'd also have to be at least half a season long for both Arrow and Flash, but this would be a first for tv and a huge win for CW's DCverse.

A lot of possibilities if they follow through with this and could be great fun for the creators as well as the fans. It'd also be a way to 'fix' a couple a things (Laurel's Canary Cry, Palmer's shrinking powers) in the actual timeline without being called out for retcon'ing.

Even despite what everyone has said it still wouldn't feel like much of a thing. To see how large an impact it would need to effect more people. Hopefully they'll do it around the end if season 3. Hopefully by then we'll have a live action vixen series as well as two seasons of the spin off. That way there will be a lot more characters to see how it impacts them instead of just Flash/Arrow and their few adversaries and few allies that would be shown.
Also this way Arrow would be at the end of it's run and won't be impacted by such a huge storyline. By this point we'd hopefully have more heroes and a possible justice league to now no longer be around if flashpoint happens. Hopefully we'll have Thea's superhero identity (hopefully speedy II but going by Artemis) and Cisco as Vibe.
Hopefully have a Killer Frost on the pirate ship with Deathstroke and possibly a super powered Brick.
Hopefully the spinoff will provide us with a few more heroes whose lives will be changed.

Last edited:
Permanently changing the timeline of Arrow would be bad, imo.

I could see them doing a very limited version of Flashpoint, (very scaled down without any of the other superheroes or villains except maybe the Rogues and Arrow) but even that would be awesome.

I mean, even if they showed an alternate timeline in which Barry saves his mom, and then of course alters the timeline (he captures RF and brings him back to the present - well, his present in 2015)

When he returns to his own time, his powers are gone, and none of the people he knew are the same (probably sad or evil versions of themselves) plus there will be other consequences (maybe Iris will be dead or he won't be able to save her). Maybe the Rogues are running the city, without Flash to stop them.

Anyway, the world is a mess - and it would be cool to see darker versions of the Arrow cast- and Barry realises after talking to a captive Thawne (no powers either, since Barry was his source) that he has to find a way to restore his powers - which forces he and Thawne to work together.

Then, they go back in time and stop Barry from saving his mother, restore the timeline and go their separate ways - vowing to continue their fight next time they meet.

Anyway, plenty of you guys have probably thought of something similar - I think it would make a great 2 or 3 part story.

So, in answer to the OP, yes a Flashpoint story would definitely work (now that the time-travel door has been opened), however, I think it would be a very downscale version - they have to work with what they've got.

Still, any version would be awesome if the writers take the same care they've taken with the whole RF plot so far !

Only way it works is if it affects The Flash only because they would be too worried about alienating and confusing Arrow viewers who don't watch Flash.

I don't watch Arrow so I wouldn't really have an idea of how that would work in this universe. I do agree with those who say to give the universe more time to expand though. It's a perfect season 3 or 4 story.

Since Flash and Arrow are in the same universe, Flashpoint will affect both shows. Since Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are out of the question, some things will take their place.

Barry saves his mother, alters the timeline, and is powerless. Reverse Flash taunts him with a costume and then they fight their final battle.

Oliver either dies when he was a child and his father becomes Green Arrow or he runs Queen Industries.

Captain Cold will be known as Citizen Cold.

Iris, in place of Lois, will work with a resistance group.

Deathstroke will lead a pirate army.

I really don't see a Flashpoint story happening as of the recent episode. (15)

It'd be awesome but highly-unlikely.

It's been talked about in many threads... But one way for it to work is to have Oliver's dad play the "batman" role.

Yeah, that's been the idea that interests me the most. We're not going to see people like Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman any time soon and even if they were introduced I don't think they would necessarily have the same impact here if they were used anyway. I think Ollie's dad being the Flashpoint Arrow like Thomas Wayne was Flashpoint Batman would be a very interesting take on the story.

Slade's Mirakuru Army?

arr221c.png

Perhaps Slade & his army versus the League of Assassins? Or maybe a version of Argus lead by Waller that's shut down Central City (and maybe Starling City) with martial law fighting either Slade's army or the LoA, maybe even the rogues.

I think a loose version of flashpoint is coming and that is how they are resurrecting sara and having stein for spinoff show without ronnie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"