How would Jean in X3 react to...

Decay said:
The real Jean Grey, not Phoenix, wouldn't kill anyone.

Yes. I think whoever put this script together failed to take into account that there are certain fundamental traits about Jean that are even more powerful than th Phoenix persona and all that power. I can accept her taking out Xavier. All that frustration and anger that build up inside her over the years, and him being now portrayed as an arrogant lying SOB. I could see her blacking out from rage and giving into her anger. I can see her going berzerk towards the end of the film and blacking out again too, giving into her rage.

But I cannot see her intentionally or unintentionally destroying Scott. Hurting him? Yes. But not killing him. And even despite her rage, she did not hurt, kill, or maim any of the other X-Men, civilians, or innocent bystanders. . Despite things getting messy and confusing and everyone getting mixed up and running in all directions at the same time, the only ones who were obliterated were the soldiers who tried to attack her, or the mutants fighting on Magneto's side. She could have blasted Storm out of the sky, but didn't. She could have blown Bobby and Kitty away, but didn't. Beast could have disappeared in the blink of an eye, but didn't. And there was a reason for that.

JeanGrey12 said:
i think it could have affected her in a good way. maybe she could have realized that she could take control of the phoenix.

Yeah, a little positive reinforcement could go a long way, couldn't it? She was angry and upset that people wanted to control her. They kept trying to toss a net on her or to go to Prof X so he could toss a net on her himself.
She was like a frightened animal feeling cornered and ready to lash out to protect herself. I think giving her a little bit of breathing room, earning her trust and letting her come to you and accept your help willingly, appealing to her good side a bit more, pointing out how much the OTHERS cared about her may have worked better. Instead of this "LET ME IN! I WILL HELP YOU NOW!!!"

Just a quick thought for tonight (been a long day): Some people suggested that Jean wouldn't be able to redeem herself or conquer her dark side or have the will to live because of the guilt she feels for the people she killed or injured.
Wolverine himself has racked up a pretty healthy tally of body counts. What keeps him going and wanting to live? Why won't he off himself when he considers how many needless deaths he's caused? Even in the movies he realizes he's been quite a killer and an animal but manages to go on.

ntcrawler said:
Yes. I think whoever put this script together failed to take into account that there are certain fundamental traits about Jean that are even more powerful than th Phoenix persona and all that power. I can accept her taking out Xavier. All that frustration and anger that build up inside her over the years, and him being now portrayed as an arrogant lying SOB. I could see her blacking out from rage and giving into her anger. I can see her going berzerk towards the end of the film and blacking out again too, giving into her rage.

But I cannot see her intentionally or unintentionally destroying Scott. Hurting him? Yes. But not killing him. And even despite her rage, she did not hurt, kill, or maim any of the other X-Men, civilians, or innocent bystanders. . Despite things getting messy and confusing and everyone getting mixed up and running in all directions at the same time, the only ones who were obliterated were the soldiers who tried to attack her, or the mutants fighting on Magneto's side. She could have blasted Storm out of the sky, but didn't. She could have blown Bobby and Kitty away, but didn't. Beast could have disappeared in the blink of an eye, but didn't. And there was a reason for that.

yeah, i mean jean loved scott. a lot. i didnt feel like jean killing him was necessary to the overall story. he could have very easily worked through the whole movie.

ntcrawler said:
Yeah, a little positive reinforcement could go a long way, couldn't it? She was angry and upset that people wanted to control her. They kept trying to toss a net on her or to go to Prof X so he could toss a net on her himself.
She was like a frightened animal feeling cornered and ready to lash out to protect herself. I think giving her a little bit of breathing room, earning her trust and letting her come to you and accept your help willingly, appealing to her good side a bit more, pointing out how much the OTHERS cared about her may have worked better. Instead of this "LET ME IN! I WILL HELP YOU NOW!!!"

i actually agree with this a lot. i mean everyone was trying to force themselves on jean and they needed to see she was in a position where she didnt want to be controled.

ntcrawler said:
Just a quick thought for tonight (been a long day): Some people suggested that Jean wouldn't be able to redeem herself or conquer her dark side or have the will to live because of the guilt she feels for the people she killed or injured.
Wolverine himself has racked up a pretty healthy tally of body counts. What keeps him going and wanting to live? Why won't he off himself when he considers how many needless deaths he's caused? Even in the movies he realizes he's been quite a killer and an animal but manages to go on.

true true

The X-men should have refused to leave Jeans side during the final battle. Then they could have had an awesome fight with Jean, as she switched personalities back and forth. Then Cyclops could have arrived and Jean would be able to feel redemption since he is alive. Then Jean could have defeated the Phoenix and all would be well :up: That would ahve been 100X better then the underwhelming final confrontation with Wolverine alone.

Sparta* said:
The X-men should have refused to leave Jeans side during the final battle. Then they could have had an awesome fight with Jean, as she switched personalities back and forth. Then Cyclops could have arrived and Jean would be able to feel redemption since he is alive. Then Jean could have defeated the Phoenix and all would be well :up: That would ahve been 100X better then the underwhelming final confrontation with Wolverine alone.

What? You mean have a true group effort in X-3? Why would we have that?

But I agree.

Majik1387 said:
What? You mean have a true group effort in X-3? Why would we have that?

But I agree.

This is getting good. I'm taking notes I think we're starting to put together a plan here :). What needs to be done is that the battle of Alcatraz needs to be turned from a glorified street gang fight into something that can be considered truly worthy of the conclusion of a story arc and of the first trilogy.

In other words, a true group effort. Battling Magneto as a team, saving Leech as a team, and ultimately saving Jean, as a team.

Sparta* said:
Then Cyclops could have arrived and Jean would be able to feel redemption since he is alive. Then Jean could have defeated the Phoenix and all would be well :up: That would ahve been 100X better then the underwhelming final confrontation with Wolverine alone.

I think that's the key. Without Cyclops there could have been no real redepmtion, and so the whole concept was doomed during the first 20 minutes. No wonder the film felt so dark.
It's very easy to kill off a character. It's very convenient. I personally believe that if a char must die, it should serve some purpose for the plot or the story. If it's a heroic character than he/she should go down with dignity and for a reason. In Star Wars, we accepted the deaths of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jin, Yoda, Biggs Darklighter, Red Leader, and Anakin. We were sad to see them go but we understood why they died and accepted it. I refuse to accept death when it's written for the sole purpose to shock the audience or make them cry. It cuts off the story arc when there should clearly be more. Especially here.
Yeah, it's very easy to kill off a char. It takes guts, it's a challenge to keep one alive and to find out what happens next. See how the other chars cope, see how that char recovers or what happens next. I'm up for that challenge. It's nice to know that some of you are too :)

ntcrawler said:
This is getting good. I'm taking notes I think we're starting to put together a plan here :). What needs to be done is that the battle of Alcatraz needs to be turned from a glorified street gang fight into something that can be considered truly worthy of the conclusion of a story arc and of the first trilogy.

In other words, a true group effort. Battling Magneto as a team, saving Leech as a team, and ultimately saving Jean, as a team.

whats interesting is storm, who at the beginning of the movie was stressing the need to work as a team, seemed like she wasn't working with anyone through that whole battle.

JeanGrey12 said:
whats interesting is storm, who at the beginning of the movie was stressing the need to work as a team, seemed like she wasn't working with anyone through that whole battle.

You make it sound like she was trying to compete with Wolverine for who gets the most camera time :)

That or maybe even she has her character flaws and maybe just like Wolverin is known to fly off and jump head-first into a situation. Maybe they do have a few things in common after all. Which would be good because it would give us a chance to yank Logan off of Jean, give him someone else to lust over so that Scott can reclaim his rightful territory

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"