How Would You Change Solid Snake (For MGS4)?

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
Considering how much fan backlash Kojima got with Solid Snake's design back in September, and considering that there are still alot of people who want it changed, I'd be surprised if the model hasn't been tweaked. Whether that means just a change in facial hair, or Snake being made younger, I'm sure Hideo made some changes. What would you like to see?

Age-Wise:
Solid Snake was 37 at the end of MGS2. Hideo said that MGS4 would take place ten years after Big Shell AT MOST. So at most, Solid Snake will be 47 in this game. In the MGS2 Document, it described Snake as looking like a 50-year-old man, despite not even being 40 yet. This is of course due to the fact that he is a clone, and his cells are deteriorating at a faster rate. With this in mind, and given the power of the PS3, it's logical for Snake to look exceptionally old in this game. However, depending on when this game takes place is an important factor. Snake two years after Big Shell will look different than Snake ten years after Big Shell. If the game takes place ten years after MGS2, then age-wise I think Snake should stay the same as the TGS trailer model. If the game takes place, say, two or four years after MGS2, then I'd like to see him made to look a little younger. Snake's overall appearance needs to reflect the time frame.

Hair:
I personally like the all-gray hair actually. It has a nice contrast to the suit, and it reminds me of Old Big Boss. However, I'd only like for Snake to have all-gray hair if the game takes place about ten years after Big Shell. If it's closer than that, I'd like to see Snake with brown hair and gray streaks. This would also apply to his beard (this will be mentioned later). As I said before, it completely depends on the time frame. The more years that have past, the more gray his hair/beard should have in it. Also, Snake should have that little tuft of hair that brushes over the front of the bandanna, but it would be thinning because of hair loss.

Facial Hair:
This is still the one thing I've seen criticized by fans, even after six months. At this point, it's the only thing people want to see changed. The moustache, in my honest opinion, should go. Solid Snake is a nomad, and a renegade. Maintaining a cleanly shaven moustache seems out of character to me. There are two different types of facial hair I'd like to see in replacement. The one I would most prefer is the MGS2 look, which was basically just a scruffy beard and moustache. If not that, I'd want a full beard and moustache, like in MGS3. Kojima said the 'stache was a way of showing off the PS3's power. I think a beard would do a better job at that. As said above, the color of his beard would depend on how many years have passed since Big Shell. Honestly, this is really the only thing I WANT to see changed. I loved the E3 2005 artwork because of how gruffy and badass Snake looked. I'd like to maintain that image. Save the 'stache for Ocelot.

Sneaking Suit:
I love it. Design-wise, I don't want to see anything changed. All that needs to be done with it is for textures to be worked on (But apparently the TGS trailer was a rush job, so hopefully this isn't really an issue).

Solid Eye:
I like it, but I hope it's not permanently fixed onto the Snake model. I'd like to take it off a some points.

There actually wasn't a lot of backlash, not on the MGS boards from what I saw. I'd keep him exactly the same, he looks great. Though I wouldn't throw a fit if his facial hair changed, but everything look good imo.

He's fine, just get rid of the moustache and give him a full beard

I'd just make him look like he did in MGS2 but with no mullet.

Somebody did a manip of Snake a little while back that looked perfect.

Zenien said:
There actually wasn't a lot of backlash, not on the MGS boards from what I saw. I'd keep him exactly the same, he looks great. Though I wouldn't throw a fit if his facial hair changed, but everything look good imo.
Upon the trailer's release there was alot of negativity regarding Snake, IGN especially. Just about everyone has gotten used to it now, but most people still want to get rid of the moustache. That's a very common gripe/complaint I hear.
WhatsHisFace said:
I'd just make him look like he did in MGS2 but with no mullet.
What kind of hair would he have then?

Boom said:
Upon the trailer's release there was alot of negativity regarding Snake, IGN especially. Just about everyone has gotten used to it now, but most people still want to get rid of the moustache. That's a very common gripe/complaint I hear.

We can play he he says she says game if you want, I'm just saying that from the forums I visit, (TXB, GAF, GA, Sony, B3D, SHH, ALL the big MGS boards like MGOnline, ect) there wasn't a "big backlash", it simply wasn't there. People were shocked when that fiorst scan cropped up, but that scan was captures in the worst way possible, aggregating the age factor beyond what it really looked like, and the shot used was pretty unflatering. Once people saw the trailer they were like "cool".

Hope about this: Instead of choosing which MGS games you like the most at the begining of MGS4, you can choose between a bunch of variations on...facial hair...

It would be one of my worst nightmares because then I would have to spend time pontificating over what the 'true' facial hair for Snake really is, the one I should choose, the one I should know is the correct facial hair... and then I'll have to make a seperate file for every variation... :(

Cancel the game and wipe this series from the minds of all.

Zenien said:
We can play he he says she says game if you want, I'm just saying that from the forums I visit, (TXB, GAF, GA, Sony, B3D, SHH, ALL the big MGS boards like MGOnline, ect) there wasn't a "big backlash", it simply wasn't there. People were shocked when that fiorst scan cropped up, but that scan was captures in the worst way possible, aggregating the age factor beyond what it really looked like, and the shot used was pretty unflatering. Once people saw the trailer they were like "cool".

What the hell did you just say? :(

I'd like to see a full bearde & 'stache Snake... although I don't mind the 'stache much... Heck I'd play the game if they give us Raiden with the HF Blade from the start...

This is impulsive, I know, but I can't wait for the ****ing trailer.

This wait is driving me insane.

Whiney fanboys should never been pandered to. Snake looks cool as he is.

new62ob.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"