How Would You Change Solid Snake (For MGS4)?

XwolverineX said:
Teh suckage.
I see it more as "Teh could use some minor tweaking but is otherwise not bad."

11290995125.jpg

XwolverineX said:
So...what, are you just opposed to the idea of an old Snake :confused:?

XwolverineX said:
Exactly again. You're an a hot-streak. :up:
Well considering Snake's age, and considering the fact that he's a clone, it was pretty much inevitable.

Boom said:
Well considering Snake's age, and considering the fact that he's a clone, it was pretty much inevitable.

No. They could find a way.

XwolverineX said:
No. They could find a way.
Not really. He was supposed to look 50 in MGS2.

It's so sad how Kojima will actually bow to pressure from fans in what is supposed to be 'his' vision. Sad, sad, sad :(

Horrorfan said:
It's so sad how Kojima will actually bow to pressure from fans in what is supposed to be 'his' vision. Sad, sad, sad :(

What're you talkin' about?

Horrorfan said:
Making subtle changes to the character design isn't a sign of weakness.

If he were to make Snake younger and completely change the theme of his game to work around that, THAT is a sign of weakness.

Im no means a metal gear expert, but I believe the expansion disc to one of the games mocks raiden mercilessly, because fans hated him...despite the fact Kojima loved him like a baby puppy. If that was me I'd be like 'I love him. My vision. Deal.'

He's rumoured to be tweaking this purely because of fan outrage. Imagine if Capcom would have ditched the new RE4 when all the hardcore fans (myself included) complained about the change.

And he has claimed in an interview he ONLY decided to come back to direct this MGS after he recieved death threats from 'fans'. He said that to the UK OPS2 mag when it was reveleaed he would be directing, after originally not planning to.

Horrorfan said:
Im no means a metal gear expert, but I believe the expansion disc to one of the games mocks raiden mercilessly, because fans hated him...despite the fact Kojima loved him like a baby puppy. If that was me I'd be like 'I love him. My vision. Deal.'

He's rumoured to be tweaking this purely because of fan outrage.

You must be talking about Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser. That wasn't a merciless mockery of Raiden. It was created for harmless laughs. "Poking fun" at him would be the better way to word it, because he wasn't going to be the main character this time.

Some people overestimate the dislike toward Raiden nowadays. It's not nearly as bad as it was back when the game first released. Most people have come to terms with him. Many have actually developed a liking for the character.

For the record, sure, fan feedback was a factor in Raiden's makeover. Keep in mind, though, that we're several years after Big Shell. Obviously the character is going to be somewhat different, for story purposes. It's not just because of "fan outrage."

Horrorfan said:

He's rumoured to be tweaking this purely because of fan outrage. Imagine if Capcom would have ditched the new RE4 when all the hardcore fans (myself included) complained about the change.

And he has claimed in an interview he ONLY decided to come back to direct this MGS after he recieved death threats from 'fans'. He said that to the UK OPS2 mag when it was reveleaed he would be directing, after originally not planning to.

No. :o

Zenien said:
It was mentioned in the Game Informer article a few months ago.

So nobody here would like to see ANYTHING changed?

The 'stache has to go. Either give him a stubble or a scruffy beard as in MGS2.

And let's not care what Zenien has to say here. She'll bow to Kojima even he makes Snake look like a little schoolgirl in a pink dress. :down:

Phaser said:
The 'stache has to go. Either give him a stubble or a scruffy beard as in MGS2.
Agreed.

Hell, I'd even take a thick beard and moustache. Then he'd have the Old Big Boss image going on.

I mostly want Snake to revert back to his MGS look, without a 'stache or beard. Just some stubble to show that he's aged. I saw a great manip of it somewhere here on these boards and was pretty convinced by it. Since, this is supposedly Snake's last outing in the series, I'd also want his old image back for sentimental reasons.

Phaser said:
I mostly want Snake to revert back to his MGS look, without a 'stache or beard. Just some stubble to show that he's aged. I saw a great manip of it somewhere here on these boards and was pretty convinced by it. Since, this is supposedly Snake's last outing in the series, I'd also want his old image back for sentimental reasons.
MGS4OldSnake.jpg

newmgs4snake03.jpg

I'll take the first one anyday. That look simply screams "Solid Snake", even moreso than the ones with the scruffy beard.

Horrorfan said:

first off...Kojima didn't poke fun of Raiden because he's selling out his 'baby puppy'. he poked fun at Raiden because he's just a video game character and Kojima has a sence of humor. he likes to interact with his fans differently than most game makers.

second...we should be greatful that Kojima cares enough for his fans to bend a little for us. he could easily be like Uwe Boll and say 'f*** the fans....if they don't like what i make then they suck anyway.' since when was it wrong for the fans to get what they want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"