How Would You Change Solid Snake (For MGS4)?

XwolverineX said:
Okay, I think I remembered her. But at the end of MGS1 didn't she let out a major secret or something?

Not to my recollection... and the last time I beat MGS was a couple of days ago so I'm fairly sure she didn't :p

Demon Within said:
IM so sad with the direction MGS has taken since the playstation 1 MGS. No matter how great the gameplay, graphics or replayability are in MGS4 it will never better then MGS because snake looks like a shell of his former self. IMO Kojima is trying to be too creative with his character designs and its backfiring.
How exactly?

When people get older, they tend to LOOK older

Also

you

have

respond

every

detail

this?

Can't you just throw everything in 1 post without having to quote the same post 50 times? It's annoying.

kainedamo said:
Grow up. That's all I have to say to you. I mean really. What a cry baby. Boooooo hoooooooooo, Mommy, Daddy!! They made Snake look old! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Wow, what a travesty. They gave him a mustache. So ****ing what?!? Real people don't live their entire lives with ****ing beards.

I'm sorry but just reading this out loud made me spill milk everywhere. I was expecting "Grow up, my philosphical teachings will show you the light my son, we adults handle things maturely."

I'd just like to chime in for a minute.

I agree with Phaser in the sense that a stubble/beard would actually emphasize the power of the PS3 moreso than a single moustache. A moustache only covers the area between the nose and the upper lip, whereas stubble/beards cover the entire lower jaw. That's significantly larger. Can you imagine Solid Snake with a stubble/beard where each and every strand of hair is visible? That would be a brilliant demonstration of hard drive power right there. Besides, if Hideo wanted to use the 'stache as a way of showing off the PS3's power, then he must have forgotten all about Ocelot (Who also happens to be old as ****).

Boom said:
Besides, if Hideo wanted to use the 'stache as a way of showing off the PS3's power, then he must have forgotten all about Ocelot (Who also happens to be old as ****).

Ocelot looked badass in MGS2. Can't wait to see what they do with him in MGS4.

Phaser said:
Ocelot looked badass in MGS2. Can't wait to see what they do with him in MGS4.
Same here. We get to see him in the E3 trailer. Too bad it's really Liquid talking through him.

E3 is so close now. Can't wait to see what changed from September to now.

Consider how old OCelot is in Metal Gear Solid 2, it's getting a little ways past his prime by the time Metal Gear Solid 4 rolls around... :o

XwolverineX said:
Isn't Ocelot lke 100 years old. :confused:
Assuming MGS4 takes place 10 years after MGS2, he'd be in his mid 70's.

XwolverineX said:
Let 'im die.
Only if it's at the end of the game, and only if he goes out in a blaze of glory. Ocelot is one of my favorite MGS characters, which is why I wish Kojima would get rid of Liquid.

Ocelot should run around in an electric wheelchair, twirling revolvers and shooting **** up ala Harman Smith. :up:

Boom said:
Ocelot is one of my favorite MGS characters, which is why I wish Kojima would get rid of Liquid.

And Liquid is one of my favorite MGS characters. :mad: :(

Phaser said:
I meant take Liquid out of Ocelot, not kill him off completely.

Sorry :(.

Yeah, I think the whole arm thing is really stupid. I'd rather have him as a snatcher than an arm.

Oh yeah, forgot about the arm thing. Another reason why MGS2 kinda sucked.

Anyways, they need to hire some topnotch writers and Hollywood voice actors for #4. Replace Hayter with someone who has a more natural, gruff voice and doesn't sound like he's trying too hard. Get that dude from the Transporter.

Phaser said:

The guy who does his voice does a terrible job. I think it's the same dude who does like every other cartoon character's voice. I think he did Leonardo in the old TMNT and He-man in the new version. He just sounds lame and fake as a British dude. For MGS4 they need to get someone talented enough to do Solid's and Liquid's, since they are clones.

From PSW magazine (not so good of a translation):

Hideo Kojima reveals some small information in addition relating to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots envisaged on PlayStation 3, one learns as well as the Otacon robot could finally be withdrawn definitively from the final version of the play because of problems of implementation.

Boom said:

Hideo Kojima reveals some small information in addition relating to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots envisaged on PlayStation 3, one learns as well as the Otacon robot could finally be withdrawn definitively from the final version of the play because of problems of implementation.

I liked that robot. :(

chi-boy said:
The guy who does his voice does a terrible job. I think it's the same dude who does like every other cartoon character's voice. I think he did Leonardo in the old TMNT and He-man in the new version. He just sounds lame and fake as a British dude. For MGS4 they need to get someone talented enough to do Solid's and Liquid's, since they are clones.

I think he did a great job voicing Liquid Snake, one of the main reasons why I love the character so much. Because of the good dialogue and the snazzy delivery. And I don't think he is supposed to sound "British" (if I recall correctly, Liquid may have served in the SAS, but he speaks many different languages like a native including Arabic), which is why he doesn't. His accent is more like Liam Neeson's, in that both sound slightly European, but aren't exactly identifiable as such. I love it.

Boom said:

I like the robot, but I can see how it following Snake aroudn would be a problem from a design standpoint, and a distraction to the player...

Zenien said:
I like the robot, but I can see how it following Snake aroudn would be a problem from a design standpoint, and a distraction to the player...

They just suck. I'm boycotting this game if we don't get the robot. :mad:

DON'T CHANGE THE VOICE ACTORS THEY RULE!!! (i used caps to emphasize the point)

Oh, and Wolvie, it was Naomi that spills a secret towards the end of MGS1. It was a bout Grey Fox/Ninja....

Solid Snake for SPiderman3! (as JJJ, natch)

Volgin's voice was over the top. At least don't go that route with any of the characters in 4. Keifer Sutherland for Grandpa Solid Snake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"