How would you describe Batman Returns?

What a troll. You're not suppose to take everything in Batman Returns literally because Tim Burton is a weirdo and he wants his movies to be vague and artistic, that's why there's so many WTF moments. I knew this when I was 7 years old.

People may take literally, or otherwise, whatever they wish. It is called having an opinion about something. Do not refer to anyone as a troll simply because you have differing viewpoint on a matter. While, the_scream has posted with arguments which are rather elaborate, if slightly opinionated, you have dismissed his opinions by simply saying Burton is a "weirdo" What a justification! Either way, stop the troll comments. It only brings focus on yourself, and with posts like these, you are not exactly making yourself out to be the justified party for calling someone a troll for having an opinion.

People may take literally, or otherwise, whatever they wish. It is called having an opinion about something. Do not refer to anyone as a troll simply because you have differing viewpoint on a matter. While, the_scream has posted with arguments which are rather elaborate, if slightly opinionated, you have dismissed his opinions by simply saying Burton is a "weirdo" What a justification! Either way, stop the troll comments. It only brings focus on yourself, and with posts like these, you are not exactly making yourself out to be the justified party for calling someone a troll for having an opinion.

My opinion is that he's a troll. No matter how convincing or intelligent people answer his questions, he justs keeps arguing and arguing....

My opinion is that he's a troll. No matter how convincing or intelligent people answer his questions, he justs keeps arguing and arguing....

Now, that I can understand. You are entitled to your opinion. But its best that you keep this particular opinion to yourself. As name-calling will not be tolerated at the Hype.

I think its "fun" but it wasnt anything to write home about. Batman 89' was better IMO, though I still believe that both 89' and Returns are relatively weak films. Definately not bad at all but overrated nonetheless.

I really do love Batman Returns alot, and especially since its christmas time, its the perfect time to watch and enjoy it like its June of 1992 all over again!

I was born in 1992. It was awesome. The year of Batman Returns and the premiere of BTAS. Pretty much indicates I was destined to be a Batman fan.

And vice versa. Plenty of people are arguing/debating points back and forth here not just me. You are singling me out because you don't agree. Pure and simple.

Oh, I get it, because if someone disagrees with you, call them a "troll". Pathetic really.

Hah! Riiight. You're behavior is troll-like. It has nothing to do with you disagreeing. You're highly outnumbered for that matter. Seems everyone other then you thinks you're trolling. Stop denying it. Now go crawl back under your bridge because no one really cares about what you have to say. Pathetic really...:whatever:

I think its "fun" but it wasnt anything to write home about. Batman 89' was better IMO, though I still believe that both 89' and Returns are relatively weak films. Definately not bad at all but overrated nonetheless.

No doubt... In 15 years time, the same will be said of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

No doubt... In 15 years time, the same will be said of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

I don't know about that. From all these reviews, critics, rankings and other blah I've been reading from, TDK has just about reached Godfather status, especially with Heath's death.

I mean movies that were shot into popularity due to its actors death (that otherwise probably wouldn't have) like The Crow haven't aged very well, but the true fans of that movie (I'm one) still love it, while many don't. I think by the time BB and TDK have aged as much as Godfather I and II have, it will have achieved a lesser form of Godfather's distinction.

hah! Riiight. You're behavior is troll-like. It has nothing to do with you disagreeing. You're highly outnumbered for that matter. Seems everyone other then you thinks you're trolling. Stop denying it. Now go crawl back under your bridge because no one really cares about what you have to say. Pathetic really...:whatever:

nm.

I don't know about that. From all these reviews, critics, rankings and other blah I've been reading from, TDK has just about reached Godfather status, especially with Heath's death.

I mean movies that were shot into popularity due to its actors death (that otherwise probably wouldn't have) like The Crow haven't aged very well, but the true fans of that movie (I'm one) still love it, while many don't. I think by the time BB and TDK have aged as much as Godfather I and II have, it will have achieved a lesser form of Godfather's distinction.

Uh, I don't think TDK or BB are going to be viewed anywhere near the league of the Godfather over time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that though. The first two Godfather movies are monumental achievements in the history of cinema. I think TDK and BB will be viewed similarly to the likes of other really good blockbuster movies like B89 and BR.

Uh, I don't think TDK or BB are going to be viewed anywhere near the league of the Godfather over time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that though. The first two Godfather movies are monumental achievements in the history of cinema. I think TDK and BB will be viewed similarly to the likes of other really good blockbuster movies like B89 and BR.

I don't think so... TDK is being touted as the "Best movie of the decade". It's also the biggest step comic book movies have taken into becoming legendary movies, instead of the "goofy films" nobody takes seriously.

It took a 70-year old series and turned it into a monumental thriller that takes a more realistic look on everything, and gives you the idea that, sure, this is based on comic book characters, but who's to say this can't really happen?

I don't think so... TDK is being touted as the "Best movie of the decade". It's also the biggest step comic book movies have taken into becoming legendary movies, instead of the "goofy films" nobody takes seriously.

It took a 70-year old series and turned it into a monumental thriller that takes a more realistic look on everything, and gives you the idea that, sure, this is based on comic book characters, but who's to say this can't really happen?

The events in the film are over the top. I enjoy the hell out of it, but it couldn't really happen. The Joker being able to rig a hospital to blow up is incredibly unrealistic. Same thing with rigging the ferry boats.

And it's not being called the best movie of the decade. It is the most popular movie of the decade, hands down. But the best? It is struggling just to get a Best Picture nomination in a very weak year for Oscar bait movies. It wouldn't even have stood a chance if it came out last year.

TDK getting godfather status sounds like an young overbearing fanboy's opinion, Ive never heard or read one major critic comparing TDK to The Godfather. Believe me TDK is definitly in my top#1 spot tied with a few others, but that just sounds like a little bit of I dunno, overconfident.

TDK getting godfather status sounds like an young overbearing fanboy's opinion, Ive never heard or read one major critic comparing TDK to The Godfather. Believe me TDK is definitly in my top#1 spot tied with a few others, but that just sounds like a little bit of I dunno, overconfident.

I've heard it referred to as "the Godfather Part II of comic book movies." That label merely implies that the film is a great sequel, but it very clearly limits the praise to the comic book genre.

I've heard it referred to as "the Godfather Part II of comic book movies." That label merely implies that the film is a great sequel, but it very clearly limits the praise to the comic book genre.
It definitly is one of the best if NOT the best comic book related film of all time in my opinion, but thats still no Godfather status, and I dont even like the Godfather films that much.

Enough of TDK, this is a BR thread, back to the topic!:woot:

I could see that being said of BB, but I very much doubt TDK will get that kind of reputation. TDK opened huge, stayed huge, and had great reviews from fans and critics alike.

I do however disagree with the poster's quote that you quoted, in saying that BR was an overrated film. I would never say it was overrated because it was never rated that highly to begin with. In fact, it had quite a bit of backlash when it first came out, so saying that it's overrated doesn't make much sense. BR has actually garnered more support over the years then it had when it first came out.

Same with B89 too, I would never call it overrated, because I've never seen anyone in large numbers proclaiming that film to be better then it is. It made a lot of money and it was a good superhero movie, and no one claimed it to be otherwise, so I can't see how it's overrated.

how would i describe batman returns?

as a steaming pile of ****........

How would I describe Batman Returns?

Weird.

Isn't that what people used to say? That it was weird?

how would i describe batman returns?

as a steaming pile of ****........
How would I describe you? Well im not sure, but I wouldnt use immature middle school curse words to do it, thats for sure!:oldrazz:

I think it does

You think it 'does'? What does it 'do' exactly? :huh:

because first of all look at the title why do they call it Batman Returns? Where did he go? If he just stayed in Gotham City they should not have called it Batman Returns because he didn't go anywhere.

Anyone with a microscopic shred of common sense would realize that it's referring to the fact that it's a second film. He's returning to cinema after his awesome first outing.

I'm sure someone's already pointed this out though. I haven't read through the thread, so I'm just giving you a raw reply to your initial post. Sorry if this seems redundant.

Second how does Selina Kyle survive all the physical abuse they put her through?

Because it was a less realistic take on the Batman world than Nolan's movies. It's not really that surprising or big of a deal. Movie magic, the 90's, Tim Burton, you know the deal.

Need a more simple answer? She has 9 lives. :oldrazz:

Also why is Christopher Walken in this movie?

Because he's a fantastic actor that fills the role beautifully.

What is Walken's purpose in this movie? Shreck doesn't do anything diabolical besides pushing Selina out of a seven story window.

Actually, without him, Penguin wouldn't have had a substantial tie to the overworld. He was crucial to the Penguin's plans and actually provided a really interesting and unexpected side of the capacity for ordinary humans to be evil in a superhero flick, rather than just mutant supervillains and extreme psychopaths.

Why did they have to choose The Penguin as the next villian?

Why the hell not? They had interesting ideas for him, and everything tied together awesomely.

Why couldn't they choose Two-Face instead?

Maybe he just didn't fit in with the story they had in mind? :whatever: Christ.

By the way what happened to Vicki Vale and Alexander Knox? They just magically disappeared and that's stupid.

More movie magic, kinda like the old James Bond movies where you never see or hear from previous female lead characters ever again. And until recently, I'd speak similarly of Indiana Jones.

Actually, come to think of it, I think Bruce DOES talk about Vicki at one point! Wasn't it to Selina while they're sitting on the couch?

The events in the film are over the top. I enjoy the hell out of it, but it couldn't really happen. The Joker being able to rig a hospital to blow up is incredibly unrealistic. Same thing with rigging the ferry boats.

And it's not being called the best movie of the decade. It is the most popular movie of the decade, hands down. But the best? It is struggling just to get a Best Picture nomination in a very weak year for Oscar bait movies. It wouldn't even have stood a chance if it came out last year.

Are you serious?

It's struggling because it's a comic book movie. They have a stigma about them that the Academy doesn't take kindly to.

So, thanks for telling me I didn't read what I did, but contrary to your belief, there are a number of places I've read from calling it "the best movie of the decade."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"