How would YOU reboot the Fantastic 4?

Whew... a lot of things...

Should the Fantastic 4 join the MCU?

Yes.

How?

Like everyone else. The Fantastic Four happen as a result of what we've seen in the MCU so far. No retcons. Just do the story.

Should they be their own movies?

No, in a perfect world, Fantastic Four would be a sci-fi TV show, a spiritual successor to Trek as a procedural with teeth that isn't all about young attractive suburban WASP kids with super powers.

Which comics should they be based on regular or ultimate?

Neither. They should be their own thing that takes the best parts of both. It should be, in effect, an Ultimate Ultimate.

Should it be animated or live-action?

Live action. Natch.

Who would you get to play the characters?

Reed: Patrick Dempsey
Sue: Kristen Bell
Johnny: Thomas Brodie-Sangster
Ben: Terry Crews
Sharon Ventura: Katee Sackhoff
Wyatt Wingfoot: Aramis Knight
Alicia Masters: Summer Glau
Bentley Whitman: Alan Tudyk
HERBIE: Doug Jones
James Power: Sean Maher
Maggie Power: Jewel Staite
Alyssa Moy: Kelly Hu
Amadeus Cho: Brandon Soo Hoo
Agatha Harkness: Kate Mulgrew
Darla Deering: Mackenzie Vega
Rick Jones: Tyrell Jackson Williams
Frankie Raye: Peyton List
Kristoff Vernard: Will Poulter
Harvey "Mole Man" Elder: Mark Sheppard
Annihilus/Blastaar: John DiMaggio (voice)
Dr. Victor Von Doom: Oded Fehr

A mix of older and younger to get that nice cross generational stuff going on. You can't really have the feeling of family when it's just a bunch of adults. There's got to be some youngsters around. Everyone being nice and comics oriented, you can get that feeling with a lot of fan nods and easter eggs.
What story-arc should be used?

All of them. That's the problem with movies, you can't even do the stories of the characters.

Start with traveling to the Negative zone and make it something cool with Annihilus and Blastaar. Perhaps Doom gets some stuff from the Negative Zone (other than super powers) that puts him on top of the world, essentially. Mole Man also works as an intro villain, perhaps in tandem with this idea. From there explore the world's mad scientists in a sort of X-Files meets Eureka kind of way. This is a great place to explore lost places like Atlantis, Latveria, Wakanda and more.

From there, cruise the stars, go to Skrullos, meet Silver Surfer, watch Galactus devour the planet, to show what and who he is. Travel to whatever planets you can think of via their cool inter-stellar rocket ship. This is why they aren't available for all the goings on in the films or other TV shows or anything, but why they're also still very famous.

After that, have fun with alternate dimensions and time travel, or going to the microverse, or just... keep going. Have fun... it's sci-fi. Be Sci-fi.

Is a reboot even possible or have Fox effectively killed the property?

It is if you're doing something different, and unique, and worth doing. If you're just retreading ground so the fans can see the same thing done again, but "right" this time, no reason for anyone else to care.

Pretending for a moment that studio money isn't a problem how would YOU reboot the Fantastic 4?

Oded Fehr is already going to be in Marvel's Most Wanted.

For Mole Man, I'd rather have Rick Hoffman:

Rick-Hoffman-SUITS_612x380_0.jpg

Sergeg Trifunovic should be Doom

latest

if the rights return to Marvel, I think they should use the FF to further explore multiple worlds/realities. FF could be a period piece; early atomic age. I think the Four work better (at least when first introduced) in a world devoid of other superheroes and with less advanced technology (makes Reed seem a little more "fantastic"). first would deal entirely with them adapting to their powers and stopping an incursion by monsters; perhaps unearthed or disturbed by atomic testing. Mole Man would be the final boss. but Bentley Wittman (aka the Wizard) would also play a smaller yet significant role in the film; as a consultant for the U.S. govt who is upstaged by the Four. Doom would be saved for the second movie. but there would be several mentions of a military conflict in eastern Europe and maybe a few flashes of him as a rebel figurehead.

Vincent Cassel should be Doctor Doom

But if they were to become a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe the Disney universe of heroes and what not if Marvel were to get the rights back much like how they have for Spider-Man I wonder how the Fantastic Four would fit into the Disney universe especially with all of these heroes like Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, the whole SHIELD/HYDRA thing in general because I am sure HYDRA would see the Fantastic Four as a threat to their existence

But if they were to become a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe the Disney universe of heroes and what not if Marvel were to get the rights back much like how they have for Spider-Man I wonder how the Fantastic Four would fit into the Disney universe especially with all of these heroes like Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, the whole SHIELD/HYDRA thing in general because I am sure HYDRA would see the Fantastic Four as a threat to their existence

depends on whether they are depicted as celebrity explorers or active superheroes. I figure that Hydra would give them a wide berth. Reed might actually help them by discovering another dimension they can pillage.

Okay, first of all, I would have the Silver Surfer and Galactus play the roles they did in the IW comic.

And regarding The First Family themselves, there are two ways I would do it:
- Introduce them in Infinity War in either a post-credits (Coming back from a time warp) OR a younger Reed Richard introduction trying to come up with solutions to stop Thanos (A small role with cameos of Johnny, Sue and Ben)

- Depending on which route they took ^ I would do an origin story period-piece set in the 60s (We haven't seen the origin done properly imo) in 2020 which would be a follow-up to the Infinity War post-credits and envision them going into space, getting their powers and getting lost and travelling to different planets. (Interstellar-esque) Villain would be Annihulus. End the movie with with them coming back to the present (Infinity War scene) and a Doom-post credits scene (showing he's still alive and somehow unaged in present day.)

Cast:
Matthew Goode - Reed Richards
Sue Storm - Alice Eve
Johnny Storm - Timothy Chalamet
Ben Grimm - Jack Huston
Bryan Cranston - Annihilus (Mocap)Matthew Mcaunughey - Victor Von Doom
Dominic Cooper - Howard Stark
(I tried to save some characters for the sequel/Present day, also i'm casting actors who can play the characters for long-term)

Peyton Reed would direct and Steve Jablonsky would do the score.

So yeah, that's my basic outline.

Not really, Hydra let a ton of threats go pretty much unchecked, they were playing a long con not giving a knee jerk response to everything not going their way. They didn't want to over play their and risk exposure. And if the four are around in modern day you can bet they'd be on project insight's list right next to Tony Stark for sure.

if the rights return to Marvel, I think they should use the FF to further explore multiple worlds/realities. FF could be a period piece; early atomic age. I think the Four work better (at least when first introduced) in a world devoid of other superheroes and with less advanced technology (makes Reed seem a little more "fantastic"). first would deal entirely with them adapting to their powers and stopping an incursion by monsters; perhaps unearthed or disturbed by atomic testing. Mole Man would be the final boss. but Bentley Wittman (aka the Wizard) would also play a smaller yet significant role in the film; as a consultant for the U.S. govt who is upstaged by the Four. Doom would be saved for the second movie. but there would be several mentions of a military conflict in eastern Europe and maybe a few flashes of him as a rebel figurehead.

Vincent Cassel should be Doctor Doom
I'd rather they be brought into the modern day, I want to see Richards be impressive for today's science, not 50 years ago. But I agree F4 should be high concept sci-fi adventures like Doctor Who.

As for how to bring them to the MCU I posted this somewhere before but I like the idea of them being explorers from the 1960's that went on the first private space flight to test's Richards near light speed engine. The set of in big publicity launch as "The Fantastic Four: the first family of space flight" on a mission set to last ten year, but only a few days for them. And of course cosmic rays, things go awry and they wind up light years away on an alien planet, end up fighting the Skrulls until they wind up on earth as the Fantastic Four finally returns "home" in the modern MCU

Okay, first of all, I would have the Silver Surfer and Galactus play the roles they did in the IW comic.

And regarding The First Family themselves, there are two ways I would do it:
- Introduce them in Infinity War in either a post-credits (Coming back from a time warp) OR a younger Reed Richard introduction trying to come up with solutions to stop Thanos (A small role with cameos of Johnny, Sue and Ben)

- Depending on which route they took ^ I would do an origin story period-piece set in the 60s (We haven't seen the origin done properly imo) in 2020 which would be a follow-up to the Infinity War post-credits and envision them going into space, getting their powers and getting lost and travelling to different planets. (Interstellar-esque) Villain would be Annihulus. End the movie with with them coming back to the present (Infinity War scene) and a Doom-post credits scene (showing he's still alive and somehow unaged in present day.)

Cast:
Matthew Goode - Reed Richards
Sue Storm - Alice Eve
Johnny Storm - Timothy Chalamet
Ben Grimm - Jack Huston
Bryan Cranston - Annihilus (Mocap)Matthew Mcaunughey - Victor Von Doom
Dominic Cooper - Howard Stark
(I tried to save some characters for the sequel/Present day, also i'm casting actors who can play the characters for long-term)

Peyton Reed would direct and Steve Jablonsky would do the score.

So yeah, that's my basic outline.

Johnny Storm isn't a completely *****ey-looking teenager with a condescending stare. Timothee Chalamet wasn't right for Peter Parker, and he's certainly not right for Johnny Storm either. Even Charlie Plummer would've been a better fit, although his hairline is a bit receding even for his age, and he's younger than Tom Holland.

Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic- Andrew Lincoln
Sue Storm/Invisible Woman- Alice Eve
Johnny Storm/Human Torch- Dylan O'Brien
Ben Grimm/The Thing- Karl Urban
Annihilus- Ralph Fiennes
Victor Von Doom- Nikolaj Coster Waldau

That would be my ideal reboot cast especially in the Disney cinematic universe for Marvel to get the rights back

It's not the Disney Cinematic Universe. It's the Marvel Cinematic Universe, otherwise we'd be getting the likes of Cinderella, Maleficent, Snow White, Elsa etc as well.

And Tony Stark would be trying to bed all the Disney princesses. :o

I'd have it initially set in the 60s and have Reed Richards as a scientific advisor to SHIELD working alongside Peggy Carter, Hank Pym and Howard Stark.

Some origin stuff happens and the FF end up lost in another dimension. Hank Pym is assigned to look for them leading to his discovery of Pym particles.

A young Victor Von Doom grows up and works alongside Ivan Vanko developing primitive arc reactor technology.

Sokovia is destroyed in Age of Ultron.

Victor Von Doom is next in line to the Sokovian throne, via some King Ralph style hoop jumping. He forms Latveria in Sokovia's ashes.

On a diplomatic trip to the US, the FF re-emerge (along with Janet Van Dyne) and a big monster whom they battle.

Von Doom is seriously wounded in the battle, requiring some Stark Industries tech to stop him dying.

Doom goes back to Latveria, thoroughly pissed off at the FF upstaging his announcement on the world stage and them causing his injuries, so he digs out all of Vanko's old research and creates a tech suit from the robot bits left around
from Age of Ultron, along with a small army of Doom bots.

Doom goes back to the US to kick the FF's ass.

I'd have it initially set in the 60s and have Reed Richards as a scientific advisor to SHIELD working alongside Peggy Carter, Hank Pym and Howard Stark.

Some origin stuff happens and the FF end up lost in another dimension. Hank Pym is assigned to look for them leading to his discovery of Pym particles.

A young Victor Von Doom grows up and works alongside Ivan Vanko developing primitive arc reactor technology.

Sokovia is destroyed in Age of Ultron.

Victor Von Doom is next in line to the Sokovian throne, via some King Ralph style hoop jumping. He forms Latveria in Sokovia's ashes.

On a diplomatic trip to the US, the FF re-emerge (along with Janet Van Dyne) and a big monster whom they battle.

Von Doom is seriously wounded in the battle, requiring some Stark Industries tech to stop him dying.

Doom goes back to Latveria, thoroughly pissed off at the FF upstaging his announcement on the world stage and them causing his injuries, so he digs out all of Vanko's old research and creates a tech suit from the robot bits left around
from Age of Ultron, along with a small army of Doom bots.

Doom goes back to the US to kick the FF's ass.

Perfect reboot origin film story arc I love it but then I wonder if there will be any post credit scenes like how most Marvel films have? I wonder if there will be any cameos from any other heroes in the MCU?

Not really, Hydra let a ton of threats go pretty much unchecked, they were playing a long con not giving a knee jerk response to everything not going their way. They didn't want to over play their and risk exposure. And if the four are around in modern day you can bet they'd be on project insight's list right next to Tony Stark for sure.

I'd rather they be brought into the modern day, I want to see Richards be impressive for today's science, not 50 years ago. But I agree F4 should be high concept sci-fi adventures like Doctor Who.

As for how to bring them to the MCU I posted this somewhere before but I like the idea of them being explorers from the 1960's that went on the first private space flight to test's Richards near light speed engine. The set of in big publicity launch as "The Fantastic Four: the first family of space flight" on a mission set to last ten year, but only a few days for them. And of course cosmic rays, things go awry and they wind up light years away on an alien planet, end up fighting the Skrulls until they wind up on earth as the Fantastic Four finally returns "home" in the modern MCU

actually, the third part of my story would be the Fantastic Four winding up in the present. more specifically, they follow Doom into the present day MCU. I just wanted to establish them in a more mundane (not littered with other super people) setting, first. Reed and Doom's science would still be lightyears beyond anything in the present.

actually, the third part of my story would be the Fantastic Four winding up in the present. more specifically, they follow Doom into the present day MCU. I just wanted to establish them in a more mundane (not littered with other super people) setting, first. Reed and Doom's science would still be lightyears beyond anything in the present.

I love it and if Marvel does get the rights back they should use your story arc

But I would definitely love it if Vincent Cassel were cast as Victor Von Doom that would actually be sick casting if you think about it but this reboot arc I definitely would love it if they also went with this

But then I wonder if by them finding their way back to the present then I wonder if they too would cross paths with Fury? Or other heroes in the MCU like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, etc.

I mean Reed Richards he too is also a genius much like Tony and Bruce Banner are

I'd go with a hybrid of traditional origin and Ultimates version but without the later interpretations where Reed when crazy and became The Maker, or whatever that situation is.

Reed and Sue won't be married-- yet. Johnny would be part of the team from the beginning.

I would introduce them in an Avengers-related film- someone's solo film or an Avengers team movie.

Doom would be the main villain of the film, and his origin would be retconned. You could even connect it to Sokovia, with the Ultron clone robot armor scraps. Maybe Latveria has its own civil war in the aftermath, and Von Doom is the warlord who takes power, and builds his Doombots from the Ultron husks laying around. You'd need an actor who wouldn't mind being behind the mask for much of the film.

I would just bring the old cast back, but just recast the human torch, for obvious reasons.

I don't know what the plans for Infinity Wars are, but it would seem that some sort of interstellar ship would be useful/required.

Since both Reed and Doom are key to MCU for their intelligence, (if Marvel has the rights) I think we might see the Doom/Reed college rivalry morphed into them both being involved in development of some sort of 'hyperdrive' needed for the Infinity Wars. It would also be a good opportunity to introduce a test-pilot named Ben Grimm.

During that effort, Doom could be doing some side experimentation related to the occult and contacting his dead mother that would result in a disfiguring accident that he blames Reed Richards for and sends him to seek help from a mysterious mountain monastery.

Then Reed, his friend and test-pilot Benn Grimm along with Sue and Johnny Storm could be involved in an accident during testing of the new hyper-drive.

All that could be a relatively small side-story within the Infinity Wars story-line, but it could set up future FF and Doom films.

so now what, another 6-7 years before another FF or Silver Surfer film gets fast-tracked, and then....???

so now what, another 6-7 years before another FF or Silver Surfer film gets fast-tracked, and then....???

Then Fox start the cycle all over again, putting out another FF film they think everyone will want but only its defenders will want. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"