Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it could be via Cerebro and it doesn't need to replace 70s Xavier's mind, just like a merging or vision of the future.

How would recruiting 1970s Wolverine somehow take less time and focus than if he were to just switch minds?

Well if he were to send his mind back it would make him a critical character and the only OT character to continue to develop once we get to the 70s. If its just 70s Logan being recruited it would be a different scenario. It could mean his role isnt as front and center and he's more of the brute force of the team because Xavier would know to recruit him. If it were Xavier's mind being sent back...

It just feels unnecessary to have wolverine be the guy who gets to do everything. I understand his role in X1-2 but having him be the main character against Phoenix and now he's the lone mind swap time traveller its just a bit overkill imo.
Especially after his solo film. I would hate him to be a lead and have his entire characterization be inconsistent with The Wolverine

Last edited:
its not "a bit overkill", IS OVERKILL.

Ill wait for the actual movie, but if Singer really makes him the obvious lead character, I would be more than pissed.

Fassbender, Mcavoy, Lawrence and Jackman could share the screentime nicely, so I want to think this will be the case.

For starters people are Ignoring the clear fact Hugh jackman Isn't filming all the time.And now he Is In middle of 3 week break to promate The Wolverine,and he complete his work In August and film wraps In September.

Wolverine Is most popular character,and has been long before first X-Men film.

To do DOFP Involving both first Class and OT casts you have 2 opotions for
time traveler using comic form of time travel wolverine and Xavier.They went with Wolverine so they can do character devolpment with younger Xavier.

wolverine is the only person who can be in both timelines and look like jackman so the mind swap seems likely in that respect, plus it gives wolverine a slight advantage knowing about the future

they won't wanna take away young Xaviers or Magnetos character development, while you don't have to worry about that with wolverine

i'd also like to think they will do it differently and not have wolverine be the big hero at the end, because he has just came off his own solo film for crying out loud, its like fine he has a big role great but don't be scared to go abit different

Last edited:
I really was hoping Wolverine would have as big of a role as the other mutants for a change. Just as a supporting character not as the lead again. Especially after his solo film, he should take a back seat... Hopefully hes just recruited not sent back to the 70s

Also it would be cool if future Logan carries a samurai sword or something. If he takes one home from Japan in The Wolverine... I can see him giving it to Rogue or Kitty

Unfortunately, we will no doubt get more and more Wolverine, and it does sadden me that we still know next to nothing about many of the other X-Men - including key characters like Storm and Cyclops. No doubt Wolverine will lead the next X-Men movie, lead X-Force, defeat Apocalypse, etc, etc. And yet we have nothing more to learn about Wolverine whatsoever. :csad:

What if he stays stuck in the 70s following DOFP forcing himself to undergo the adamantium process again and losing his memory of the future events?

What if he stays stuck in the 70s following DOFP forcing himself to undergo the adamantium process again and losing his memory of the future events?

what could possibly make him need to go through that process again?

I dunno, maybe to keep certain things constant in the future. Because I am wondering when this supposed X-Force film will take place and whether or not Wolverine will be a part of it

i personally can see wolverin appearing in it somewhere

wolverine seems to be the character that has a cameo in everything, spider-man games, marvel cartoons

Wolverine's mind will most likely return to future.The next full X-Men film Is most likely going to be set In corrected future as most likely will X-Force.

They are back to magneto solo film because that will most likely be only past set film In
future.

They are back to magneto solo film because that will most likely be only past set film In
future.

i don't think i quite understand the logic to that

it just seems kinda pointless, if your gonna close off the past story its better to do it with how they set up with FC but will see, i mean there is nothing stopping them from doing it that way

Has to be more to the whole solo magneto thing

Last edited:
Famke joined the rest of the cast at the press conference today in NY at the Mandarin Hotel, here's one photo, more in link:

http://imnotobsessed.com/2013/07/12...yc/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

wenn20505579.jpg

feels so random

even if she has a few scenes.

The fact that Poni_Boy says that gives me hope that we could possibly see hints of the Phoenix returning in the near future, and i can not get more excited.

The fact that Poni_Boy says that gives me hope that we could possibly see hints of the Phoenix returning in the near future, and i can not get more excited.

Does poni_boy work for FOX or something?

Tbh if they were gonna bring her back as a surprise they won't have her in pictures like that, I really don't think jean will rise from the grave, she was never that phoenix

Last edited:
He saw a screening of The Wolverine, but he's respecting the embargo, as he should, and not flooding the internet with spoilers. So subtle hints will do.

She was never that phoenix from what we've seen. We haven't seen anything aside from her split persona, which i personally like better in this more grounded to reality version. HOWEVER, notice in the clip released, in Wolverine's dream (which I'm going to go ahead and think it's just within his mind, via telepathic link) he says "can you stay" and she responds "you know I can't". That alone leads me to believe that it's not just an ordinary nightmare, but she, probably become the all powerful sentient mind Singer had originally planned, is off dealing with her own internal struggles in a movie version of the 'white hot room'.

She was pretty firebird like in X2...maybe it's just DARK Phoenix that is the split personality zombie... but GOOD Phoenix has the fire

X3 retconned the 'fire' as a cocoon of telekinetic energy, no? Even though that's not what i wanted to accept, that's how I saw x3 as explaining that.

He saw a screening of The Wolverine, but he's respecting the embargo, as he should, and not flooding the internet with spoilers. So subtle hints will do.

She was never that phoenix from what we've seen. We haven't seen anything aside from her split persona, which i personally like better in this more grounded to reality version. HOWEVER, notice in the clip released, in Wolverine's dream (which I'm going to go ahead and think it's just within his mind, via telepathic link) he says "can you stay" and she responds "you know I can't". That alone leads me to believe that it's not just an ordinary nightmare, but she, probably become the all powerful sentient mind Singer had originally planned, is off dealing with her own internal struggles in a movie version of the 'white hot room'.

*cough*

Meh I dunno if that's technically what they were saying the "fire" was, just an explanation for her survival. They can easily retcon the retcon because it isn't explained completely.Nor does Xavier know everything about her powers. It was his "best guess" I think. I would like to think the "Baltar/Six" type relationship with Logan isn't just a dream, but actually like the Baltar/Six relationship. She was really there, just nobody else could see her.

if its the "White Hot Room" idea, still doesn't say she is coming back to life, sounds more ghostly to me

there is always going to be a big difference between comic and film

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe