Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its the "White Hot Room" idea, still doesn't say she is coming back to life, sounds more ghostly to me

there is always going to be a big difference between comic and film

The white hot room's very existence mean's she's coming back, just recollecting herself to come back better, and stronger, you know, like a Phoenix. Think of it as a limbo. Singer's original X3 had her leaving Earth to become this Star Child like sentience that will always be watching. That can still come into play in another form despite X3 stomping on everyone's hopes and dreams.

Well if she comes back for DOFP in the future scenes then by the time the past is changed none of it would have happened anyway, but then I'd be surprised if they brought jean back without cyclops which would incredibly short change his character once again

I think they shouldn't make her powers out to be as limited and stupid as they were in X3...by bringing her back again yet in full Phoenix form only makes her the most powerful mutant character in the entire series. Which is awesome...

By bringing her back through time travel, it would mean she really was just a split personality psychic and that's all. But building up to her full return through The Wolverine and really releasing her in DOFP is a brilliant idea IMO!

Oh man, you guys have no idea. The scope of this thing. It's so well thought out. A retcon within a retcon. Retception.

I think they shouldn't make her powers out to be as limited and stupid as they were in X3...by bringing her back again yet in full Phoenix form only makes her the most powerful mutant character in the entire series. Which is awesome...

By bringing her back through time travel, it would mean she really was just a split personality psychic and that's all. But building up to her full return through The Wolverine and really releasing her in DOFP is a brilliant idea IMO!

Question is why would Logan need to go back in time if they have a super powerful mutant with them who can wipe out sentenals

Oh man, you guys have no idea. The scope of this thing. It's so well thought out. A retcon within a retcon. Retception.

Poni_Boy...you're getting me so excited for The Wolverine :D. When's your embargo lift lol?

Question is why would Logan need to go back in time if they have a super powerful mutant with them who can wipe out sentenals

Dunno. Maybe she's the one who sends him back in time?? So it would appear The Wolverine might be...a little more tied to DOFP than Mr Mangold has led on?? Hmm? Hmm...

Truth is if we was gonna see Phoenix it probably would have to be done in DOFP because once time travel changes things everything will be different

But as I said if you got a super powers mutant why is there concern to travel back in time, they have to be desperate to do it, struggling as it were, I mean lets be honest time travel is desperate lol

I think there is quite a few problems with that idea, but I know it will be ignored because everyone just wants to see Phoenix

Ha maybe not...yes there is a flaw in that. But it's possible she could return after they send him back. Or something!

I don't even know where to start. The marketing for this has been done so carefully that we all can honestly say that we know next to nothing about the story. We don't know what's Viper's goal and endgame since she seems to be the main antagonist. Where does the Silver Samurai fall in? Now there's Phoenix and much more. This is a huge movie and it's been a sleeper until now. Not to mention where does DoFP tie into it, which we know it does.

I just hope this movie follows Captain America's cue and has a scene along with a trailer for what's to come afterward. Fox is well on their road to redemption.

That's actually a very insightful read. This movie's marketing so far hasn't given us much, which I am grateful for. After reading this, The character focus is something completely unexpected from an X-movie (well, at least given the recent additions that come to mind) and I'm very looking forward to. Mariko is a character that intrigues me the most because we simply have seen next to nothing about where she fits in. The ambiguity everyone thus far is what captures me, and when i finally see the film, I'm sure that I'm going in with a clean slate.

Just a head's up about the reminder posted at the top of the forum - with The Wolverine coming out next week, please make sure to keep spoilers regarding any post-credit scenes or ties to DOFP that *may* appear in that movie in SPOILER TAGS.

Thank you.

Do my eyes deceive me, or did our very own X-Maniac enjoy The Wolverine??

@TheGeekFiles: Wow! The Wolverine rocks and preview screening rocked even more when @RealHughJackman and director James @mang0ld turned up in person!

Do my eyes deceive me, or did our very own X-Maniac enjoy The Wolverine??

I did enjoy it, yes. My issue with the character of Wolverine is his domination of the team movies at the expense of others, not with Wolverine himself or Jackman.

Took me a while to get into The Wolverine, though. The start didn't hook me in.

No film is perfect, of course, and there were a few things I would have liked added/removed/reduced/enhanced.

One word description: Intense!

And best post-credits scene ever, even though I don't like these scenes being tacked on (and a lot of people miss out - a good proportion of the audience had already left by the time it came on!).

I did enjoy it, yes. My issue with the character of Wolverine is his domination of the team movies at the expense of others, not with Wolverine himself or Jackman.

Took me a while to get into The Wolverine, though. The start didn't hook me in.

No film is perfect, of course, and there were a few things I would have liked added/removed/reduced/enhanced.

One word description: Intense!

And best post-credits scene ever, even though I don't like these scenes being tacked on (and a lot of people miss out - a good proportion of the audience had already left by the time it came on!).

Nice to hear? Was the post-credits scene a trailer or an actual scene? Just my curiosity.

Good to hear! Seeing it on Tuesday, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"