• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

HULK did it! The Marvel RELAUNCH thread

hulk didn't do anything yet. lets wait til it comes out.

I'm A little concerned about Hulks Box office seeing as how its coming out between two highly anticipated films, IM and Batman. I know I'm gonna see it but most people still think its a sequel and are gonna think back to Ang Lees "Interpretation" of the Hulk. As far as marvel rebooting other properties how about having David Goyer write some scripts. He's written some of the better comic screenplays to date. All the Blade movies, The Magneto origins screenplay, Batman begins and the Dark knight, and Crow 2 City of Angels (while not a great film, it was infinitely better than the following ones). For a director go with Alex Proyas who did The Crow , I robot aand is supposed to do Silver surfer.

I also think the next X-men film in the series should be made under marvel after fox is done with all the origin stories, granted they don't jack continuity off worse than they have...

X-Men I feel will never go back to Marvel. FOX will keep putting out spin-offs to make sure the contract never expires.

I have no clue about those contract deals, so how does that work? Everytime they make another movie the contract automatically renews?

I have no clue about those contract deals, so how does that work? Everytime they make another movie the contract automatically renews?
Theres no way that can be. That makes no sense.

How many years can a studio hold the rights to certain characters? 10 years perhaps?

I do hope FF reverts back to Marvel some time soon. Daredevil too infact. I'd like to see Joe Pantoliano reprise Ben Urich actually. And how about Favreau and Foggy Nelson. He can't actually play two characters now can he? As for Kingpin Michael Clarke Duncan was very good. But if they can actually cast somebody like in the comics I'm sure there's somebody out there.

I hope Marvel will get most of their licenses back eventually. That way, we will be able to really see Marvel universe on the big screen.

Only 2 people need recast in FF... sue and doom.

Those definitely need to be recast.

Johnny and ben are spot on,

Johnny was written the best, they made Thing to comedic IMO.

and Reed is just decent.

Agreed.

Theres no reason to really retcon it.. just make a sequel. I would love a movie with franklin's birth, the negative zone and the inhumans... with Doom egging Annhilus on to attack earth.

That could fit into a whole new trilogy.

What's important is to distance new FF films from Story's. The audience won't be that interested if they think they're going to watch more of that crap.

dude what reboot do we have to compare it too right now? you can't say "reboots dont hurt if the franchise if failing" because we don't know.

Depends on the franchise. A successful franchise doesn't need a reboot.

If a reboot fails to work it doesn't mean that rebooting is bad, the ideas they used could be bad and the movie could be awful.

Reboots have already worked. Batman Begins revived the Batman franchise.

We should have had more of these but the studios tend to bury the franchises completely then do anything with them. WB is notorious for this.

Hulk will be the best indication, if hulk fails then your theory is wrong. If hulk does well then your theory could be right.

This isn't that simple. If the new Hulk reboot sucks it doesn't matter if it was a reboot or not. It means they didn't do a good job executing the reboot.

Batman is a huge property so thats one reason it worked...

Yes, one reason.

It being a great film is another.

A reboot is pointless unless it is a good film.

and another reason has been the fact it had been almost 10 years since a batfilm was made. its been only 4 years since a hulk movie has been made... which may just be too soon.

That's possible.

I think it's pointless to waste time with a remake when the originals didn't really stray too far.

I can agree with that about Hulk and DD. FF got some elements correct but it failed in execution and intent. They completely missed the point of the franchise with those films. Some characters fared better then others but some need complete overhauls. Changing actors isn't enough for them.

Just take whats been done, keep what worked, and make a sequel the right way.

That can work with something like DD, FF is messed up completely. Entire characters need to be retooled before they can be used again in the movies before the audience can take them seriously.

The movies don't have to have the same feel or campy-ness. Take what doesn't work, and fix it. simple as that.

True.

I hope Marvel will get most of their licenses back eventually. That way, we will be able to really see Marvel universe on the big screen.

Agreed. I really like the fact Marvel is taking care to make sure that their films all fit into one universe.

To those saying FF doesn't need rebooted, I disagree. Not for the FF, but Dr. Doom is just done so poorly, we need to start over. Give me a 2hr 15 min runtime, and I can easily do Doom & FF's origin in the same film. Just have Doom sabotage Reed's mission in space (out of revenge for the lab accident), which would be revealed later, and then work Doom's plan and him trying to destroy the FF in. It is not hard, and FOX was lazy in this regard with the movie. The main FF members I don't think were done poorly, but Doom was a flat out CRIME!!!

Spider-Fan:

Make sure you include a prologue where Reed and Victor are in college that ends with Doom's machine exploding in his face. Then the credits start and the story picks up years later after the FF got their powers. :D

Spider-Fan:

Make sure you include a prologue where Reed and Victor are in college that ends with Doom's machine exploding in his face. Then the credits start and the story picks up years later after the FF got their powers. :D

Reed & Victor in college is how I would start it. I would dedicate more than 3 minutes to it though. This period is more than just the accident. I would use sometime to showcase the differences in their scientific methods (which stem from their personalities). Not like 30 minutes or anything, but a solid 10-15 minute window.

In summary, I show a little bit more than just the accident, and then go right into Reed's project. Doom comes back into the movie when he learns they lived through the attempted sabotage (much to Doom's anger).

Reed & Victor in college is how I would start it. I would dedicate more than 3 minutes to it though.
The length doesn't bother me.

This period is more than just the accident. I would use sometime to showcase the differences in their scientific methods (which stem from their personalities).

That sounds great.

In summary, I show a little bit more than just the accident, and then go right into Reed's project. Doom comes back into the movie when he learns they lived through the attempted sabotage (much to Doom's anger).

I really like this.

Garner i love, sure she didn't look like elektra and would have probably made a better black widow...

:up:

MSJ was a DD fan, too. Still screwed up DD and Ghost Rider.

Which shows why "fans" aren't always the best choices for director...

MSJ directed DD for Fox. Fox deserves most of the blame but that doesn't mean he didn't screw up with his execution.

While the Director's Cut IS so much better, there are still many flaws with the flow of the film.

I would say a Daredevil relaunch is more important. The Fantastic Four franchise may be dead now,but DD only got a single movie.

:up: :up: :up:

Only 2 people need recast in FF... sue and doom. Johnny and ben are spot on

While they are - a studio would never recast 50% of the lead characters for fear the audiences wouldn't accept it.

Which shows why "fans" aren't always the best choices for director...

Doesn't hurt, though.

The perfect directors are those which have the necessary skills to do the concept justice who happen to be fans.

While the Director's Cut IS so much better, there are still many flaws with the flow of the film.

It does make the film better. That's all.

Doesn't magically make it a great movie adaption.

While I agree the Fantastic Four movies could be done much better, I think it's best to let that franchise stay dormant for awhile, let the Avengers movies play out then think about revived FF. This of course depends on Fox not making new ones.

For Daredevil, I just want a sequel, following the Born Again story. Kingpin uses his knowledge of DD's identity to systematically destroy it, it would be a nice way to show that sometime when these characters take off their mask, bad things will happen. Develop the romance between Karen and Matt throughout the movie, she helps him back. Keep the same cast and crew though, they did a good job the first time and with a more supportive studio could do a great job.

Elektra should never have been made, she's not a character that warrants a solo movie.

As for Kevin Smith, guy doesn't want to do an action movie, it's not where his strength lies and he knows it. Glad he realizes that and won't take an action movie just for the money.

For Daredevil, I just want a sequel, following the Born Again story. Kingpin uses his knowledge of DD's identity to systematically destroy it, it would be a nice way to show that sometime when these characters take off their mask, bad things will happen. Develop the romance between Karen and Matt throughout the movie, she helps him back. Keep the same cast and crew though, they did a good job the first time and with a more supportive studio could do a great job.

I love your avatar!!

You really think the cast and crew did a good job?
Hate hate HATED Ben Affleck in this one. With the exception of Foggy Nelson, I didn't like anyone in this movie. Didnt like the street smart hood-rich version of Kingpin, and I thought the pacing was sporadic.
Choreagraphy left something more to be desired, for Daredevil I was expecting something more along the lines of Bourne Identidy, and heck, Damon would have been perfect as Matt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"