• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HULK did it! The Marvel RELAUNCH thread

ur not the only one, i actually agree... and the magic angle can always come later in the movies... that doesnt bother me

Three things that I think could've helped redeem movie Dr. Doom are:

-Leave it at him simply being a rival scientist of Reed

-Show that he is a scientific genious.

- Make him a badass.

Plus, I think Clive Owen would've been a better choice for the role.

Ben was having issues with it.

DD should able to survive with a recasting Affleck.

Every franchise character is bigger then their actors. If DD was a success he'd have been replaced eventually anyway.

i think DD without ben would be fine.... but i don't think it needs a reboot... just a hulk or punisher war zone type... where its not an origin movie and its a relaunch in terms of vibe

Spidey:

That's true.

It would be pointless if they delivered a movie like the original was. Marvel would need to do a major retooling of it, like Begins did, for people to take DD seriously.

actually until i came into this thread... i really havent heard much about people hating the DC... most on here tend to give it praise... and i've been around these boards for a long while sonny boy

Congratulations.
I have too, this isn't my first/only account on the hype, or any forum...
Grampa.
And the only people who "kinda like" daredevil all same thing.
"Yeah Daredevil was lame but the directors cut was ok!"
DD fans deserve more than that

Frank Millers Daredevil

Nah. I want a Daredevil vs. Punisher film. But don't call it "Marvel Knights". It needs a title that can stand on its own, but you can add "Punisher vs. Daredevil". It's a cross-over story that really pits two heroes with conflicting methods. Superman and Batman was a longshot. In the end, they both won't harm anybody and they're saving lives. With Daredevil and Punisher, we don't have to expect super duper feats. It's a hardboiled fight between opposing views of justice. Even more ironic, both Matt and Frank know the letter of the law.

Nah. I want a Daredevil vs. Punisher film. But don't call it "Marvel Knights". It needs a title that can stand on its own, but you can add "Punisher vs. Daredevil". It's a cross-over story that really pits two heroes with conflicting methods. Superman and Batman was a longshot. In the end, they both won't harm anybody and they're saving lives. With Daredevil and Punisher, we don't have to expect super duper feats. It's a hardboiled fight between opposing views of justice. Even more ironic, both Matt and Frank know the letter of the law.

That would be...
AWESOME!!

All of them should be re-booted under Marvel Studios eventually. Marvel just has to STOP signing on with other production companies and FIRE AVI ARAD!

All of them should be re-booted under Marvel Studios eventually. Marvel just has to STOP signing on with other production companies and FIRE AVI ARAD!

your aware Avi has stepped down right? and marvel isnt signing anything else to another studio since they built there own...

your aware Avi has stepped down right? and marvel isnt signing anything else to another studio since they built there own...

His influence is still heavy tho, somone on here told me he was negotiating a deal with Tyrese to have him play Luke Cage.
How much of that is fact, I am not sure. I know Tyrese was linked to the part but I don't know what role Arad has in it.

His influence is still heavy tho, somone on here told me he was negotiating a deal with Tyrese to have him play Luke Cage.
How much of that is fact, I am not sure. I know Tyrese was linked to the part but I don't know what role Arad has in it.

i think that was news from a few years ago... avi was in talks with tyrese i believe... but now avi really doesn't do anything with the movie process over at marvel (to my knowledge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Fantastic Four seriously needs a restart. I really hope we get one, once Marvel gets their rights back.

No lame organic metal Doom. I want a Doom that has armor that rivals Iron Man's. With technology that makes even Stark Enterprises looks like childs play.

As for the FF, I'd probably keep everyone except Alba. We need a strong leading female, with motherly vibe that actually fits the part and doesn't look like she jumped out of the Movie White Chicks. Thing needs to be CGI and I want to actually see him brawl and not have the fight take place in a garbage truck.
Yeah the bes thing about those movies were actor choices for Thing, Reed & Johnny.

I say clean house! I did not like Reed or the Thing. I agree...he should be CGI...like the Hulk. If Chiklis is such an egomaniac that he can't do voice over, ditch him.

Just let it die guys. The only story that needs to be told out of this whole franchise is

Silver Surfer

List of Films MARVEL should re-boot

#1 Daredevil
#2 Fantastic Four
#3 Ghost Rider
#4 Silver Surfer

FF and Ghost Rider need reboots...NOW.

Regardless of having it's own studio, Marvel renewed it's contract for Spider-Man with Sony, and Arad still has HUGE amount of influence on the Marvel films.

Just let it die guys. The only story that needs to be told out of this whole franchise is

Silver Surfer

Agreed. Surfer is basically an FF spin-off so that needs to happen, but the rest are done as far as I'm concerned. In my mind, despite how poorly I think X-men 3 ended the franchise, I still see X-men as ongoing...as evidenced by the upcoming Wolverine and Magneto films.

Agreed. Surfer is basically an FF spin-off so that needs to happen, but the rest are done as far as I'm concerned.

Why? They have untapped potential. It wouldn't be impossible for Marvel to make them work on film.

The hard part is over. The films have already given them exposure to the public now all they need to do is give the public versions which are actually good.

In my mind, despite how poorly I think X-men 3 ended the franchise, I still see X-men as ongoing...as evidenced by the upcoming Wolverine and Magneto films.

Those are spin-offs not official sequels. The X-men franchise is official dead at Fox right now.

Everyone talks about rights but I aways think, "So?".

If Iron Man and others makes alot of money, I'm sure the rights could be bought back at a profit to the owners.

:ff: :ff: :ff:

With that logic, Marvel would have bought the rights back to Spider-Man and wouldn't have let Sony renew their deal with Marvel, but instead Marvel let them renew the film rights to Spider-Man and are now going forward with Spider-Man 4.

Yeah, no... Fox isn't going to part with them until they have to, and you really think a new movie studio with only one released film flashing their wallet at Fox, one of the biggest film studios in the world, is going to impress them?
I think asides from the X-Men, Fox is completely willing to part with the remaining film rights of Marvel's characters. They seem to have no interest at all with Daredevil and it looks like Fantastic Four 3 isn't going to be happening soon either.

No R-Rated films from Marvel Studios!

I read this quote off of Marvel's news webpage.

NO R-RATED MARVEL MOVIES

Marvel's Peter Cuneo is quoted at IESB saying, "We will not be doing an R-rated films in our studio ... …today, it would be very hard for us to partner with another studio, unless it was an R-rated film, and then I think that's pretty self-obvious because we are not interested in making R-rated films [at Marvel Studios]." So your "Punisher" and "Blade" films better be done somewhere else, pal.

So much for my Daredevil vs. Punisher movie. But since Lionsgate owns the right to Punisher, and Fox has Daredevil, it was a longshot anyway.

Red Mask:

DD's film rights will be reverting to Marvel soon. Punisher will eventually if Lion's Gate sequel fails.

If Punisher War Zone is a success Marvel could even give the DD rights to them for a versus movie if they wnated to do a cross-over.

No R-Rated films from Marvel Studios!

I read this quote off of Marvel's news webpage.

So much for my Daredevil vs. Punisher movie. But since Lionsgate owns the right to Punisher, and Fox has Daredevil, it was a longshot anyway.

Guess that dashes my hopes of a good Ghost Rider movie :csad:

With that logic, Marvel would have bought the rights back to Spider-Man and wouldn't have let Sony renew their deal with Marvel, but instead Marvel let them renew the film rights to Spider-Man and are now going forward with Spider-Man 4.

I think asides from the X-Men, Fox is completely willing to part with the remaining film rights of Marvel's characters. They seem to have no interest at all with Daredevil and it looks like Fantastic Four 3 isn't going to be happening soon either.

SPIDEY!!!!!!! *sheds a tear*

FREE SPIDEY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"