Incredible Hulk director has been picked!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
At least that's what I'm reading into this. They just didn't name him.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_sat.php

(See the 3:30 to 4:30 time slot for the bit)

3:30-4:30 A Marvel Studios Production: The Future of Marvel’s Film Franchises— The next great era of comic book films begins as Marvel Studios launches its new slate. The studio is currently developing many of its landmark titles for adaptation to the screen, including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Nick Fury, and Ant-Man. At this presentation, the directors of Iron Man (Jon Favreau), The Incredible Hulk, and Ant-Man (Edgar Wright) will share their visions for these highly anticipated films. Producers Avi Arad, Kevin Feige, and Ari Arad will join the panel and be on hand to answer questions from the audience. Moderated by Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter. Room 6CDEF

C'mon say it. AD has a good eye. C'mon let me hear it! ;)

^ Hulk doesn't have the directors name next to it YET. That will be clearly annouced then and obviously the Hollywood Reporter will get that scoop early. :)

I feel bad for Edgar Wright. He's making the worst career move possible here.

What happened to The Hot Fuzz?

What??? I liked Shaun of the Dead and everything but he doesn't really seem right for this movie.

I'm looking foward to Ant-Man almost more than Hulk 2!:o

TheVileOne said:
I feel bad for Edgar Wright. He's making the worst career move possible here.

What happened to The Hot Fuzz?

he's in the middle of filming Hot Fuzz... just go to you tube and watch the online diaries.!!

I think Wright is perfect for the obscure Ant-Man. It's gonna be a blast. As to who's directing the new Hulk film I have a strange feeling it's Rob Cohen.

Advanced Dark said:
I think Wright is perfect for the obscure Ant-Man. It's gonna be a blast. As to who's directing the new Hulk film I have a strange feeling it's Rob Cohen.

Ant-man is not a solo character movie. It's a dumb idea. Why would you even think about making an Ant-man movie before Avengers? It doesn't make any sense.

Rob Cohen and Hulk = a bigger failure than the original.

Advanced Dark said:
At least that's what I'm reading into this. They just didn't name him.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_sat.php

(See the 3:30 to 4:30 time slot for the bit)
Really looking forward to this director's annoucement. I also want them to cut the crap and tell us what is going on with Eric Bana.

P.S: There's no mention of Punisher 2 in that Marvel panel.

Advanced Dark said:
C'mon say it. AD has a good eye. C'mon let me hear it! ;)
batman.jpg

NEVAH!!!!:mad: lol

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Zak Penn might direct this?:confused: He's directed in the past and is going to direct a movie soon.
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0672015/

Also, i'm curious which top name (or lesser known) directors are fans of the Hulk.

thank you AD... from what i heard, Brett Ranter is a Hulk fan ;)

TheVileOne said:
Ant-man is not a solo character movie. It's a dumb idea. Why would you even think about making an Ant-man movie before Avengers? It doesn't make any sense.

Um....maybe because Ant-Man started OFF as a solo character in Tales To Astonish, long before he JOINED The Avengers?

After watching Marvel take a relatively unknown character like Blade and turn that into a multi-million dollar generating machine, i think they've proved that any of their characters are worthy of a shot at the big screen, provided they get the proper script and direction.

TheVileOne said:
I's going to be a comedy. A superheroic "Honey I shrunk the kids".

Sava said:
thank you AD... from what i heard, Brett Ranter is a Hulk fan ;)
Thanks. Don't think its Ratner who they're getting. Could be wrong.

I'm wondering if they'll stick to a director tied to Universal as they picked Favreau for his ties to Paramount. Both the distributors. That's why I threw Cohen's name out there. He's actually a good director with style tha'ts worked with crappy material. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story was awesome though older then his recent flop...Stealth. Still you hvae to blame the material on the because the actual direction was fine.

Hey Vile One,

There's nothing wrong with an Ant-Man film. The Avengers flick is being written by Zak Penn after Hulk is finished. It's also much more difficult and expensive to bring together than Ant-Man. It's a totally unique and different hero film. I'm all for it. Just because you don't want to watch it doesn't mean it shouldn't be made. Diversity is important for Marvel and the fans.

BTW Redisnotblue, Luc Besson would be awesome.

Man...finally my confidence has jumped to the other side of the line. Formerlly I was holding off on placing my confidence in this movie being made, but this feels like the biggest hurdle....now I feel like I can let myself be excited.

Advanced Dark said:
I'm wondering if they'll stick to a director tied to Universal as they picked Favreau for his ties to Paramount. Both the distributors. That's why I threw Cohen's name out there. He's actually a good director with style tha'ts worked with crappy material. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story was awesome though older then his recent flop...Stealth. Still you hvae to blame the material on the because the actual direction was fine.
sorry but i dont want Cohen any where near this movie, the guy sucks, the Bruce lee film was ok but most of his other movies suck.. they just plain suck.

Well we'll see who gets with it and whoever it is we should support him and hopefully he'll talk with the fans like Favreau. That will be key. I think Marvel will require it believe it or not. It attaches fans to the project and they feel like they're part of it when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"