Incredible Hulk director has been picked!

Yeah the 30's and even the 70's Kong was better than Peter Jackson's Kong.

He needs how to learn how to cut scenes and have decent runtime.

KIng Kong was wat to long and drawn out.

At least in the 70's version you actually felt somthing for kong when he died.

I hated the LOTR movies but I loved King Kong. I don't believe anyone who says they didn't get emotional in the last 30 minutes of that movie.

The last 30 minutes of Kong was great as were the first 30 minutes but the 2 hours of misery in the middle is what killed it as a movie for me. Just horrible. Lord of the Rings to be was groundbreaking and spectacular.

I'm an old school Kong fan and i thought the film was great. Could've done without 20 minutes of the boat ride, and the Jimmy and Mr. hayes crap, but I thought the Kong stuff was Gold.

I liked about 30 minutes total of kong and the LOTR had far too much hobbit love and crying in it for me. I didn't much care for his "vision" of those books. I've seen'em once and never will again.

Nivek said:
I'm an old school Kong fan and i thought the film was great. Could've done without 20 minutes of the boat ride, and the Jimmy and Mr. hayes crap, but I thought the Kong stuff was Gold.

I agree the Jimmy and Hayes things was left a little open ended. But the whole boat ride was so great because it actually gave us time to even care about the characters and what happened to them.

We already knew there was an attraction between Jack and Ann, at least 25 minutes of the flirting crap and Denham staring out into the water could've been thrown out.

I had to come to the hulk boards just to say this: :down

that's all

Ronny Shade said:
I had to come to the hulk boards just to say this: :down

that's all

Good to see someone with the same sentiment about all this. Don't be a stranger. :)

Ive heard quotes from this director and it sounds like this film will be more cartoonish... im not sure what to make of it but imo shame on fans for getting bored at the character development in Ang Lees.... tisk. Now theyre going with the action fest approach... hopefully it has some character attention left.

aslong as the next Hulk flick isn't a 90 minute music video.

XCharlieX said:
Ive heard quotes from this director and it sounds like this film will be more cartoonish... im not sure what to make of it but imo shame on fans for getting bored at the character development in Ang Lees.... tisk. Now theyre going with the action fest approach... hopefully it has some character attention left.

I've been a HULK fan for 20+ years. I have hundreds and hundreds of HULK comics. Look at my friggen avatar and sig! And I can say I really enjoyed the first HULK film. The only thing I would change is the fact that I really don't think we saw HULK's character. We felt, way to much like Banner was the HULK. Banner is not the HULK. HULK is a totally different character. We never saw the "HULK SMASH! HULK IS STRONGEST ONE THERE IS! NO ONE TRIES TO KILL HULK!" HULK. HULK IMO is the ultimate bad @ss and we never see that. I'm hoping we see more of HULK's character in this one. Ang did a GREAT job with Banner's character and Betty's, just not so much with the title character's.

ya, it's too bad Ang won't be directing the next one. He did such a kick ass job on the 1st one. I agree with their being more character development with The Hulk. The Abomination should be interesting but what would've been even better would have been The Leader aswell. Has anyone litend to the recent comic cons audio from the Spider Man 3 interviews? Can anyone out there post a pic of the promo Iron Man film poster?

DACMAN said:
I've been a HULK fan for 20+ years. I have hundreds and hundreds of HULK comics. Look at my friggen avatar and sig! And I can say I really enjoyed the first HULK film. The only thing I would change is the fact that I really don't think we saw HULK's character. We felt, way to much like Banner was the HULK. Banner is not the HULK. HULK is a totally different character. We never saw the "HULK SMASH! HULK IS STRONGEST ONE THERE IS! NO ONE TRIES TO KILL HULK!" HULK. HULK IMO is the ultimate bad @ss and we never see that. I'm hoping we see more of HULK's character in this one. Ang did a GREAT job with Banner's character and Betty's, just not so much with the title character's.

I think they did it well. Hulk as a character is just not that interesting without banner being the driving force imo. Ever heard of "too angry for words?" Whats the point of turning into hulk if youre going to talk and brag about things? eh. He just does it. I think those phrases simply originated to keep folks entertained from comic page to page. Films arent obligated really imo.

At least the comic fans will be completely pleased with the remake.

I want the Hulk to talk as well. He has a childs mind & the Abomination still has his adult mind & he the Hulk will need to banter during their fight.

Obi-Ron said:
well, its kinda true, now you got the guy who did Transporter 2 and the guy who wrote Elektra :up:

Yeah, like I said on another thread, there is the chance of things going to the opposite extreme but still, "Shame on fans?"

I mean, really.

yeah, that was a bit too much

DACMAN said:
Jesus Christ dude. Must you capitalize Hulk every time you type?

Sabretooth said:

Hmmm, yeah, seems a bit redundant.

XCharlieX said:
I think they did it well. Hulk as a character is just not that interesting without banner being the driving force imo. Ever heard of "too angry for words?" Whats the point of turning into hulk if youre going to talk and brag about things?
That's a good question to ask Stan Lee, or any of the other writers that have worked on him for over 40 years.:rolleyes:
He's been a talking character for over 40 years, and now all the sudden he's to angry to speak. Give me a break. The HULK's character is all about him being "THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!" And "NO ONE TRIES TO KILL HULK!" That's good stuff. That's the HULK. Without that he just seemed like an empty shell of special effects on screen. People never connected with the HULK.

Sabretooth said:
Yes.

You seriously need to get out more, or get a hobby or something if you actually have time to b!tch about whether the letters are capitalized when I spell the HULK's name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"