DC Solicits for April PREVIEW

Y'know what would be awesome? If Supergirl didn't suck so horribly and so terribly.

I mean, jeez, think of what the sales would be if Supergirl was actually one of the best titles out there. I know I'd buy it in a second.

Firestorm never had a chance since the day it was announced that ronnie wasnt gonna be FS...and even then, the series wouldve been cancelled evetually.

By now, I would think you know anything with the words Bat, Super, Spider, or X sell at least 50,000 copies. :o

What if I wrote a mini series called Spider-Bat Man Joins the Super X-Sqad?

I was more thinking of a maxi called The Amazing Bats**t.

By now, I would think you know anything with the words Bat, Super, Spider, or X sell at least 50,000 copies. :o

Except right now it is selling about 50,000 copies....the sales might have been dropping but we dont know 12 and 13 sales yet.

But its not like this title is one of the lowest titles of DC. Its still one of their best selling and still within the top 50 comic sales of December. It was like what? 30?

The Ronnie Raymond fans are intense.

Cant say i blame em'. When people say "We want a new firestorm book", they dont mean "We want a new firestorm book where you replace the main character in an attempt to be more diverse." With this and manhunter being cancelled, maybe DC will realize that when people want books of certain characters, they dont want the guy in the mantle being shuffled off with some lame death.

Cant say i blame em'. When people say "We want a new firestorm book", they dont mean "We want a new firestorm book where you replace the main character in an attempt to be more diverse." With this and manhunter being cancelled, maybe DC will realize that when people want books of certain characters, they dont want the guy in the mantle being shuffled off with some lame death.

But see, what does it matter if the book is good. I mean, the Ronnie Raymond fans, never even gave the new guy a shot.

Its like Blue Beetle, I loved Ted, I'm still pissed he's dead, but I like the new Blue Beetle.

All the Ronnie Raymond fans have done is make sure there won't be a Firestorm book for another decade or so. Congratulations there.

It may be good, but ultimately, not what RR fans asked for. If JR grabbed enough of the readers interest like wally west did, maybe things wouldve been different.

Thats also another problem DC has with the whole mantle thing. they replace existing characters, and then saddle them with creative teams who dont have the star power. And that leads to little hype for the book outside of the occasional good word or "Good books that should be popular but arent" lists.

It may be good, but ultimately, not what RR fans asked for. If JR grabbed enough of the readers interest like wally west did, maybe things wouldve been different.

Thats also another problem DC has with the whole mantle thing. they replace existing characters, and then saddle them with creative teams who dont have the star power. And that leads to little hype for the book outside of the occasional good word or "Good books that should be popular but arent" lists.

It amazes me though, since Wally West wasn't a huge over night success, at all.

All the Ronnie Raymond fans have done is make sure there won't be a Firestorm book for another decade or so. Congratulations there.

either way, it wasnt gonna be the guy they wanted, so its business as usual.

It amazes me though, since Wally West wasn't a huge over night success, at all.

True, but then again, when did Waid get on the book, and when did he finally become popular?

cause Jason's had about 3 years to catch on...

True, but then again, when did Waid get on the book, and when did he finally become popular?

cause Jason's had about 3 years to catch on...

I get the feeling you're a Ronnie Raymond fan....

All I'm saying is, they didn't give the new guy a shot, and are celebrating this book's cancellation, which doesn't mean ****, because I don't see DC bringing Ronnie Raymond back anyway. And its not like Ronnie Raymond lead Firestorm book was selling in the top 10 either.

I get the feeling you're a Ronnie Raymond fan....

All I'm saying is, they didn't give the new guy a shot, and are celebrating this book's cancellation, which doesn't mean ****, because I don't see DC bringing Ronnie Raymond back anyway. And its not like Ronnie Raymond lead Firestorm book was selling in the top 10 either.

I am a RR fan, but hell, i wouldnt buy an RR book either.

Jason fans shouldnt be mad though. Didio said there are big plans for him and manhunter this summer

Also, Waid didn't get on the Flash until the 50's.

Mike Baron wrote Flash from 1897 till 1988 when Messner-Loebs took over. Who wrote it till 1992. When Waid got on the book and remember he had only written a handful of thing (some freelance and some work on Impact). He wasn't a superstar when he got on the book. Just thought I'd do some research.

ohhh, ok. So, he pretty much didnt become popular till nearly a decade into the role?

But see, what does it matter if the book is good. I mean, the Ronnie Raymond fans, never even gave the new guy a shot.

Its like Blue Beetle, I loved Ted, I'm still pissed he's dead, but I like the new Blue Beetle.

I gave Firestorm a chance after the Identity Crisis crossover and Ronnie's comeback and started buying it again from there. Later on I read the first issues and they weren't to my liking.

I didn't buy the book from the beginning because I didn't like the premise and the writer actually snubbed the fans. Later on, the penciller also got a swelled head and further distanced the book from being endeared by the (new and old) fans. I know this post is out of left field but sometimes I actually react to one of my pet peeves which is people making erroneous generalizations. I'm sad to see one of my favorite characters go, even in this altered version; I hope there's room for him in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"