I just about hit a bicyclist today.

UA-Archangel

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was just about to make a right hand turn, when a bicyclist went by on my right hand side. Had it been just a fraction of a second sooner or later, he would have been a very hurting individual.

Next time, I'm opening the passanger door. :twisted:

No I'm actually pretty angry at the bicyclist.

It's not the smartest thing for a bicyclist to try and pass on the right, a car trying to make a right hand turn.

When I rode my bike full-time, I always made sure that if I was approaching any intersection that I wasn't in a position to get creamed by a car suddenly making a right hand turn.

I almost hit that old wrestler Abdullah the Butcher a couple of weeks ago. He cut me off in traffic and I flipped him off before I realized who it was.

200px-AbdullahTheButcher.jpg

I almost hit that old wrestler Abdullah the Butcher a couple of weeks ago. He cut me off in traffic and I flipped him off before I realized who it was.

200px-AbdullahTheButcher.jpg

Maybe he was upset, because you almost caused him to lose a week's worth of groceries.

Weak kneed liberal whining.

I don't know what that had to do with anything, but cool.

So you wanted to hit the guy?

So you wanted to hit the guy?

No.

I was making a right hand turn and the guy whizzed by me just as I was starting the turn.

As I said, had it happened a fraction of a second earlier or later, he would have been eating pavement.

I bet the cyclist is pissed at you

What a sad place this board has sunk to.

My point is simply a safety thing.

When I rode my bicycle year round, I knew enough to never trust that driver could see me. If I approached any kind of intersection that a driver could turn right, I always made sure I was not in harm's way or that I knew the driver could see me. Many drivers can't see bicyclists and some don't care if they do hit them.

You may have saved a life!

To bring about this point of safety.

Many bicyclists aren't aware of just how vulnerable they are when it comes to cars.

And you think your little "PSA" is going to help?

How many people have come to this thread? 47?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"