I know why season two didnt live up to the first....

It was inevitable that the show was gonna fail by its second season. You can only plagarise other comic book storylines so long....Most people saw it for the bull**** it was in the first season and by season two everyone else did.

What would Tim Kring do if he never picked up Rising Stars? lol

Thank you for those insightful thoughts. Full of rational input and objective conclusions.

Well Season 2 only lasted 11 episodes, while Season 1 was 23 episodes. So the story in Season 2 couldn't be developed any further. Now with the writer's strike over with, Season 3 can be as long and good, if not better, than Season 1.

- things we're rushed
- Hiro was in Japan for too long, so there wasn't enough Hiro and Ando
- Peter should have never been sent over to Ireland for that long and Caitlin just seemed the most pointless character in the show (even more pointless than the guy who could melt stuff lol)
- HRG being stuck at Copy Kingdom
- Not enough interaction between Peter and Adrian
- oh and threat stakes weren't set up early enough like they were with season 1

Claire sucked pretty hard season 2 as well, West just magnified it

Well, lets see.... she chose West's side over HRG and eventually got him killed with her teenage shenanigans. So, yeah, shes on my s*** list.

That was a pretty funny scene.

I liked it, to be honest. I know that it wasn't as good as one but the story wasn't too bad, I mean dont get me wrong, I recognised it's flaws but I like the show too much to be picky :p Its already won my approval.

Plus kristen Bell as Elle was amazing, I liked her relationship with Bob being like the opposite or HRG/Claire.

Yeah, I actually hated Elle at first (when she was taking care of Peter) but I loved her by the end of the season...

:O

Hatred?

I did like Micah this series, but I want him to use his powers more. IMO I think he has the most interesting power and I'd like to see it put to some good use ;)

I'd like to see another Five years Gone with him in lurv with a machine ;P JOKE!

No Malcolm McDowell.
Simple as that.

Everything goes good well with Malcom McDowell or if not him Terrence Stamp.
p47319.jpg
Haunted_Manstion-Terrence_Stamp.jpg

I did like Micah this series, but I want him to use his powers more. IMO I think he has the most interesting power and I'd like to see it put to some good use ;)

Actually I thought he was annoying this series, it was like he was constantly annoying Monica to use her power. :huh:

Oh, and he was the reason Monica got into trouble and Niki died.

The two of them were actually part of the lowest point in the series for me, even though Micah is ace. It was the scene were monica jumps rope with them kids, it was just so damn fake I was ashamed.

Oh well. :p

The two of them were actually part of the lowest point in the series for me, even though Micah is ace. It was the scene were monica jumps rope with them kids, it was just so damn fake I was ashamed.

Oh well. :p

Mine was all this Peter and Caitlin crap in Ireland. And Peter pretty much being a jerk the entire series. And how they pulled out that whole box thing. :huh:

lol
Ive gotta say caitlin was pretty unbearable :p
I'm still gutted the series is over after 11 episodes, the box set will be lame but at least it'll be affordable :D

All problems that would have been non-existant if the plot had been centered on. Centering on character relationships caused them to try to make a storyline out of reuninting the characters, and that didn't take...

Pacing, that's all lack of plot, the way they were slow at start and rushed at the end.

Thank you for those insightful thoughts. Full of rational input and objective conclusions.

*shrug* Its true though. This show has been as good as people said. I dont know if I'lll watch season 3 but I had to drop my 2 cents on its problems.

Season 2 "failed" (seriously? :confused:) because of the Writer's Strike. End of story.

I thought the show focused to much on Claire . And Hayden panettiere is a terrible actress

Season 1 spent so much time bringing many of the characters together (Hiro, Claire, Peter, etc.) only for Season 2 to spread them back out once again. Hell, Hiro was in another time for a good chunk of the year and Peter had good 'ol amnesia.

And Bob is a terrible villain/head of The Company.

Season 2 failed, for the following reasons:

-Claire was made into a complete idiot. She already knew HRG did some bad things in the past when Ted held her and her family hostage in Company Man. She had already come to terms with it and forgave him at the end of the first season. Then she meets a boy who just happened to be someone her father had abducted when he worked for The Company, something she already knew, and all of sudden she take sit personal? Bad writing for the win!
-Peter was similarly ripped of any shred of intellect. His amnesia storyline was 31 different flavors of suck. That whole mystery with the box was supremely rediculous. All the big mystery for a passport (which listed his gender as Female) and a few credit cards and stuff? Not only that, but he has the power to read minds, yet he couldn't read Adam's mind to know he was up to no good? And everyone was telling him so?
-Sylar should've stayed dead.
-Angela and Kaito's powers were never revealed. They kept making a big deal out of The Company and talked about how all their secrets would be let out of the bag and they could've really opened some doors with this one. Kaito was killed before we could find out, thus leaving a major plot hole forever ajar. Angela still has time to redeem this issue somewhat.
-Mya and Alejandro are incredibly useless and annoying.
-Hiro should've stayed in Japan for at most 4 episodes.
-The character interaction that made last season work so well and the connections they had with each other by the end of last season's finale was completely ignored this season, as was the show's initial draw (Ordinary People With Extraordinary Abilities).
-Suresh became a flip flopping idiot and is the saddest excuse for an intellectual type ever put onscreen.
-D.L.'s death was pathetic.
-Nathan was wasted, both figuratively and literally.

The saving graces this season were HRG, Matt and Elle (and to an extent Bob). HRG is the reason I watch. Every episode shows him growing in depth and badassery. He's officially replaced Sarah Connor and Jack Bauer as World's Coolest Fictional Parent. Matt really developed as a character this season. We saw sides of him we never saw before and the scene where he confronts his father was awesome. And Elle is so entertaining and unpredictable. She provides a sense of black humor for the show. Also Kristen Bell is hot.

That being said, I have faith the next season will completely redeem the show. By all accounts, Tim Kring seems to know where he went wrong and is intent on bringing his A game to ensure everything goes right for Season 3.

Super Ludacris said:
It was inevitable that the show was gonna fail by its second season. You can only plagarise other comic book storylines so long....Most people saw it for the bull**** it was in the first season and by season two everyone else did.

Wow, what an amazing, well constructed argument. :whatever:

Season 2 failed, for the following reasons:

-Claire was made into a complete idiot. She already knew HRG did some bad things in the past when Ted held her and her family hostage in Company Man. She had already come to terms with it and forgave him at the end of the first season. Then she meets a boy who just happened to be someone her father had abducted when he worked for The Company, something she already knew, and all of sudden she take sit personal? Bad writing for the win!
-Peter was similarly ripped of any shred of intellect. His amnesia storyline was 31 different flavors of suck. That whole mystery with the box was supremely rediculous. All the big mystery for a passport (which listed his gender as Female) and a few credit cards and stuff? Not only that, but he has the power to read minds, yet he couldn't read Adam's mind to know he was up to no good? And everyone was telling him so?
-Sylar should've stayed dead.
-Angela and Kaito's powers were never revealed. They kept making a big deal out of The Company and talked about how all their secrets would be let out of the bag and they could've really opened some doors with this one. Kaito was killed before we could find out, thus leaving a major plot hole forever ajar. Angela still has time to redeem this issue somewhat.
-Mya and Alejandro are incredibly useless and annoying.
-Hiro should've stayed in Japan for at most 4 episodes.
-The character interaction that made last season work so well and the connections they had with each other by the end of last season's finale was completely ignored this season, as was the show's initial draw (Ordinary People With Extraordinary Abilities).
-Suresh became a flip flopping idiot and is the saddest excuse for an intellectual type ever put onscreen.
-D.L.'s death was pathetic.
-Nathan was wasted, both figuratively and literally.

The saving graces this season were HRG, Matt and Elle (and to an extent Bob). HRG is the reason I watch. Every episode shows him growing in depth and badassery. He's officially replaced Sarah Connor and Jack Bauer as World's Coolest Fictional Parent. Matt really developed as a character this season. We saw sides of him we never saw before and the scene where he confronts his father was awesome. And Elle is so entertaining and unpredictable. She provides a sense of black humor for the show. Also Kristen Bell is hot.

That being said, I have faith the next season will completely redeem the show. By all accounts, Tim Kring seems to know where he went wrong and is intent on bringing his A game to ensure everything goes right for Season 3.

Wow, what an amazing, well constructed argument. :whatever:

I agree with just about everything you just said. Except the Sylar staying dead thing. He came back with a vengeance in those last 2-3 episodes. And he looks to be even more badass in season 3. I'm just disappointed he got mixed in with the Blunder Twins.

I agree with just about everything you just said. Except the Sylar staying dead thing. He came back with a vengeance in those last 2-3 episodes. And he looks to be even more badass in season 3. I'm just disappointed he got mixed in with the Blunder Twins.

Yeah, Sylar did redeem himself towards the end of the season, and he looks better than ever in Season 3. I also hope Nathan stays dead. I love Nathan, but he did nothing this season, not to mention his death will provide good character development for Peter.

Also, there's a rumor Adrian Pasdar is coming back to play Arthur Petrelli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"