I know why season two didnt live up to the first....

Season 2 was awesome. Season 1 is overrated (and sucks at times).

I love this show, but I think the producers made a really big mistake by letting the strike compromise great storytelling. Yes the strike happened, but other shows were still able to continue to have a more 'full' season.

Heroes should have taken their lead from the Smallville producers and stretched out the season. Although the strike occured and the prospect of a shortened season was almost certain, Smallville projected beyond their 15 episode potential season. The strike ended and then they were able to add on 5 more episodes (2 short of their normal 22).

Heroes should have stretched their 11 episodes out, when the strike ended they could have continued with the Villains storyline (keeping it as the second part to volume 2, rather than say it is volume 3). It would have made Season 2 richer and more intense rather than the watered down version we got.

Heroes has been on hiatus far too long.

Didn't readthethread, but the real reason the season 'failed' was the writers strike.

They just didnt have enough episodes to do everyhthing they wanted, asKring has said more than once.

The main reason season 2 has not lived up to season 1 is because theres no Claude........ Bring back Christopher Eccleston!!!!!!!

Didn't readthethread, but the real reason the season 'failed' was the writers strike.

They just didnt have enough episodes to do everyhthing they wanted, asKring has said more than once.

I think you said it best. Season 2 would have been much better had it nt ended so abruptly with less than half the material as the first season.
I liked season 2 for what it was, but I understand why it rubbed som many people the wrong way

I think you said it best. Season 2 would have been much better had it nt ended so abruptly with less than half the material as the first season.
I liked season 2 for what it was, but I understand why it rubbed som many people the wrong way

That's still no excuse for Hiro and the twin's storyline, though.

The main reason season 2 has not lived up to season 1 is bacause theres no Claude........ Bring back Christopher Eccleston!!!!!!!
Good call. His character would be perfect for the hero-or-villain theme of the upcoming season.

I thought Season 2 was pretty good, I wasn't as bothered with the Hiro subplot in Japan as others were. I think the thing that annoyed me more was that I expected the heros to grow closer in some way after the end of season one. I'm not saying they need to form a league and go off and fight supervillans or something, but I expected them to get more connected.

Also one thing I've been annoyed with in both season finales is how Peter is written. In season one (as another poster said) Sylar and Peter both have a multitude of abilities at their disposal. We should have seen a much better knock down drag out fight then what we got. It's only a tv show I know, and budget is limited, but a fistfight? I mean, come on, you must be able to do better then that.

And then at the end of Season 2, they made a big deal out of Peter having to open that huge door with his mind...when he could have just walked through it. I know it's kind of nitpicky, but it was a fairly obvious mistake by the writers and I was annoyed by it. Unless I missed something, I don't recall Peter saying he couldn't phase through it (although I very well could have, I had to watch all of Season 2 online.)

^ there was a little of teaming up with the heroes.

* Nathan and Matt teaming up against Matt's father; and also at the end to stop Adam and Peter releasing a deadly virus.
* Mohinder teams with HRG to stop the Company
* HRG teams up with West to save Claire
* West and Claire team up to get the head cheerleader off the team
* Hiro teams up with Adam to save Yaeko's father

^ there was a little of teaming up with the heroes.

* Nathan and Matt teaming up against Matt's father; and also at the end to stop Adam and Peter releasing a deadly virus.
* Mohinder teams with HRG to stop the Company
* HRG teams up with West to save Claire
* West and Claire team up to get the head cheerleader off the team
* Hiro teams up with Adam to save Yaeko's father

Yeah, there were little team ups, but I was looking for something more like them all staying in touch and then delving into what their parents were all involved in and figuring out more about the original 12.

Also, something that was bugging me, how the heck did the Haitian get back with the company? In the four months ago episode, we see him chasing Peter with El. A few months before that the company had him tagged as a traitor for "stealing" Clare away from Noah, then he's somehow back with the company. And then a little while after that when Suresh comes to cure him from his virus, the Haitian's all anti-company again. It didn't make much sense to me.

The flashback episode more or less killed it for me. I didn't really hate the season until then. But as soon as DL survived being shot only to be shot again (this time for no reason) and the fact that Peter can survive blowing up I started just laughing at the terrible writing. And HRG should have died, the whole Claire's blood can heal other people is like the dragon balls in dragon ball Z. It basically makes it so that when a character actually dies, like Nathan, it is sort of BS.

Elle as others have said though was awesome. And Parkman being able to tell others what to do with his powers really opens up doors for him, it's a shame he'll probably be saddle with being Molly's surrogate dad for a long time.

I agree with a lot of this, though to be fair, we knew Peter could survive being blown up in season 1. In the episode where they go into the future, Peter's still alive, and he tells us that he was the one that blew up the city.

And really, with the whole blowing up thing, we never found out if Peter's body actually exploded, or just emitted the energy from itself instead of the energy exploding out from inside him.

The DL thing really annoyed me too, it was just a waste of the character. It was extremely redundant and had no point.

The blood thing bothered me quite a bit too, and at the end when Nathan is shot I didn't really feel too worried. I mean, Peter can heal just like Adam and Clare, so that means his blood should have healing powers as well. He could save his brother right then and there if he wanted too.

Yeah, there were little team ups, but I was looking for something more like them all staying in touch and then delving into what their parents were all involved in and figuring out more about the original 12.
i think we might see some heroes teaming up for Volume 3, since it would be dealing with Villians.

Also, something that was bugging me, how the heck did the Haitian get back with the company? In the four months ago episode, we see him chasing Peter with El. A few months before that the company had him tagged as a traitor for "stealing" Clare away from Noah, then he's somehow back with the company. And then a little while after that when Suresh comes to cure him from his virus, the Haitian's all anti-company again. It didn't make much sense to me.

....i don't remember him being tagged as a traitor, i would have to watch Season 1 again. but didn't he returned Claire to Mama Petrelli, who I suspect is connected with the Company even though its not very clear whats her involvement with the Company. So thats how I would guess how he got in the good side with the Company. And I think he's been anti-company for awhile, I think he's trying to find a way to escape without being detected, like Claude.

i think we might see some heroes teaming up for Volume 3, since it would be dealing with Villians.
I'm hoping so too.

....i don't remember him being tagged as a traitor, i would have to watch Season 1 again. but didn't he returned Claire to Mama Petrelli, who I suspect is connected with the Company even though its not very clear whats her involvement with the Company. So thats how I would guess how he got in the good side with the Company. And I think he's been anti-company for awhile, I think he's trying to find a way to escape without being detected, like Claude.

When Noah had the Haitian shoot him and then erase his memory he goes back into the company and they assume that the Haitian has gone rogue and stolen Clare. So at that point they thought he was a traitor.

Of course, you could be right about the Petrelli thing, she does seem to have some kind of connection there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"